Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Reed vs Taylor- when will Sean break out?

Monk in the Hall!

ST cant help it that he is the single most feared player in the league and no one throws to him. Also, he is playing with a bad ankle. I check the injury report everyday and he has been on there with a bum ankle for the past several weeks so he is not even at 100% which is friggin scary and teams still don't throw at him. I love ST, he is my favorite player in the league and like someone mentioned earlier hes only in his second year at 22 years old, give him time to mature and he will become the greatest safety in the league, his potential is frightening. HAIL SKINS!!!!!!!

I've seen some of your posts and i have come to the conclusion that you are one of the most negative Redskins fan i have ever seen.

ST is in his second year...your right he will never be Ed Reed. He will be better.

hes not a skins fan at all plus hes only 16 and still has alot to learn :eaglesuck and so does florida

Yeah ST is the best safety to ever play the game according to most on the board...

ST will never impact a game like Ed Reed does unless he gets into the weight room and starts living in the film room. Staying in Ashburn would be a great start this offseason..

Also when ST makes mistakes he gets a free pass by most on here. Just like the bad angles he takes just like the blown coverage that gave Philly thier touchdown..

Guys like Ed Reed,Dawkins and even Roy Williams impact thier respected games a lot more then ST does at this point. All ST has right now is youth and if he puts in the offseason work he could become 1 of the best to ever play safety...

And yes ST can play man on a Moss,Owens or C.Johnson but only here and there. If they tried to man him up 1 on 1 at the LOS he would get torched he can't run with any of them CONSISTENTLY unless he has a cushion.

I'm basing what I see by watching the games not talking with my B&G glasses on. I see LA already impacting games more then ST and he has'nt played but 3 games..

And I agree ST and LA are both great athletes who live off of that both need to start living in the film room and staying in Ashburn year around.

He won't be has good has Ed Reed you do know Ed Reed is a probowler every year,a NFL defensive PLAYER OF THE YEAR WINNER and gets tons of ints producing points.

Your not seeing Reed on the highlights because he's been hurt. Ed Reed is far better then anybody on our defense thats a fact.

If ST gets close to Reeds playing ability i'll be doing backflips. You guys need to watch more NFL games besides the skins before you starting spewing imformation because you love ST being a homer. I love ST and think he is 1 of the best right now top 10 safety easily but he's still got a ways to go and luckily he is only 22.

Just watch Cowboy games at what Williams does in the box and on blitzes sure he may struggle back deep every now and then but he is a SS and not a FS so he should'nt even be back thier. Just watch the impact plays these guys make all game not here and thier. Watch what Dawkins does weekly. And Ed Reed is on a whole different planet then them, ST mentioned in the same breath is kinda funny..

I am probably going to get lambasted for this, but oh well. I think that Taylor is slightly overrated this year, thus far at least. I hear more hype and credit to him than I have heard of a Redskin player in some time, but it seems like all season he has made one or two bad plays a game that lead to big gains for the offense. I figure his exceptional play his rookie season built the hype around the league for him to be the next Ronnie Lott, and maybe this is just somewhat of a sophmore slump, but I have seen him make a lot of bad plays this year.

Now before everyone goes nuts, I think Taylor will be a star in the NFL, but I just don't think he is anywhere close to that yet. He still has to learn when he needs to wrap up and when he needs to go for the knockout blow, because right now it seems like all he knows is the killshot. He also needs to work on his pursuit angles and not biting on fakes/play action. Once he masters these things, the next Ronnie Lott will have arrived.

While I do not agree with your assesment overall, you still support your opinion fine and I salute your courage :D :point2sky

Sean Taylor will be the premier safety in the league when (and only when):

1. He stops going for the kill shot on every pass across the middle and starts focussing on just breaking up passes and tackling people.

2. He stops taking bad angles on running plays.

3. He stops getting suckered by play fakes.

4. Stops taking dumb penalties.

5. Stops shooting people (I kid, I kid).

To me, the madness during the "Why is Lavar not playing?" Era was the fact that if Lavar is out of position 10 percent of the time, ST is out of position 20 percent of the time. Luckily, he has the size and speed to compensate for his mistakes on maybe half of those plays. But he still seems to give up a big play every one or two games because of mental errors (either biting on a fake like in Dallas or giving a team a cheap 15 yard penalty).

If he ever puts it together, though, the conversation will be "Who will be the next Sean Taylor."

While I do not agree with your assesment overall, you still support your opinion fine and I salute your courage :D :point2sky

Thank ya :D

I just think there is a ton of bias with him. He's good now, and he will be great soon, but hes definately not there yet. Its just funny seeing so many people on here saying that hes better than Ed Reed or Dawkins.

Yeah ST is the best safety to ever play the game according to most on the board...

ST will never impact a game like Ed Reed does unless he gets into the weight room and starts living in the film room. Staying in Ashburn would be a great start this offseason..

Also when ST makes mistakes he gets a free pass by most on here. Just like the bad angles he takes just like the blown coverage that gave Philly thier touchdown..

Guys like Ed Reed,Dawkins and even Roy Williams impact thier respected games a lot more then ST does at this point. All ST has right now is youth and if he puts in the offseason work he could become 1 of the best to ever play safety...

And yes ST can play man on a Moss,Owens or C.Johnson but only here and there. If they tried to man him up 1 on 1 at the LOS he would get torched he can't run with any of them CONSISTENTLY unless he has a cushion.

I'm basing what I see by watching the games not talking with my B&G glasses on. I see LA already impacting games more then ST and he has'nt played but 3 games..

And I agree ST and LA are both great athletes who live off of that both need to start living in the film room and staying in Ashburn year around.

It seems like you really don't know what you're talkin about.

"he will never impact a game like ed reed does unless he get's in the weight room" are you saying that ST is weak? I'd like to know how you came to that conclusion. And how many redskins games have you watched over the last couple of years? There's been plenty of times that I remember ST making a play/plays to impact a game.

"just like the blown coverage that gave Philly thier touchdown.." uhhhh, actually it was Shawn Springs who had blown coverage buddy. They audibled out of their original Defense and Springs didn't get the call....so your wrong again.

"Guys like Ed Reed,Dawkins and even Roy Williams impact thier respected games a lot more then ST does at this point." If I recall, Roy Williams got torched twice in the matter of 2 minutes by santana. my point is, not even the better players play flawless football. Of course ST's not gonna make every single team tackle, he's not gonna pick every pass thrown his way, he's not gonna run down every play that's on the other side of the field....u tell me one player who does. Sure ST makes mistakes, but how often? and who doesn't make mistakes?

"And yes ST can play man on a Moss,Owens or C.Johnson but only here and there. If they tried to man him up 1 on 1 at the LOS he would get torched he can't run with any of them CONSISTENTLY unless he has a cushion" are u telling me that ST is slow. WOW!! ST is one of the fastest safeties in da league. He can go one on one with ANY reciever in the league, ANY time. You show me one time where ST just simply got burnt, just one....i would really like to see that!!

You are making it seem like ST has done nothing since he's been here in Washington. Yeah he has his times where he's mistimed or misjudged a play, but that all comes with time and experience, may i remind you that he's only in his 2nd year. ST wants to be out there, he wants to improve, and he plays with all of his heart and soul....there's not much more you can ask for IMO.

He won't be has good has Ed Reed you do know Ed Reed is a probowler every year,a NFL defensive PLAYER OF THE YEAR WINNER and gets tons of ints producing points.

Your not seeing Reed on the highlights because he's been hurt. Ed Reed is far better then anybody on our defense thats a fact.

If ST gets close to Reeds playing ability i'll be doing backflips. You guys need to watch more NFL games besides the skins before you starting spewing imformation because you love ST being a homer. I love ST and think he is 1 of the best right now top 10 safety easily but he's still got a ways to go and luckily he is only 22.

Just watch Cowboy games at what Williams does in the box and on blitzes sure he may struggle back deep every now and then but he is a SS and not a FS so he should'nt even be back thier. Just watch the impact plays these guys make all game not here and thier. Watch what Dawkins does weekly. And Ed Reed is on a whole different planet then them, ST mentioned in the same breath is kinda funny..

That is pretty much my sentiment in a nutshell. I think Williams and Taylor are in the same league (Williams more a dynamic blitzer due to his scheme while Sean more a cover man due to our scheme). But Williams does get a lot of impact from the blitz. Neither one is a Dawkins or Reed. It shows our bias if we pretend than Sean is...

he's making plays, yes, but he is not "dominating" the same way reed did last year. As others have said if there was more pressure from the front four Taylor would have greater chances to make plays. Also, it doesnt seem like hes getting thrown towards as much as Ryan Clark is. And Clark is making plays just the way taylor would, just not as explosive.

That play agains the Cowboys sums up what Taylor is as a player right now. There are moments in a game where just absolutely dominates play. He probably sealed the game with that hit and created the first play in the year end highlight packages.

But what the highlight doesn't show is Terry Glenn ten yards behind him on the flea-flicker.

If he could make the play in the highlight AND not get beat on the flea-flicker, he would be an All-Pro.

Sean Taylor to me shows a Jack Tatum toughness. He is still young and lets not forget that Ed reed had ray lewis to teach him the ways of become great. Sean Taylor will become great just not yet. But Taylor right now is still a better safety than we have had since Ken Houston. I think If we can get a DE that can dominate. And if we can get like a mike brown type safety, you know a safety than can cover well to compliment Taylor's aggressive style. Then i think Taylor will be among the best all time. And I tell you what if we can keep our LBs toegther, beef up our d-line, and pick up another good young coner. We gonna have a freak-of-nature defense. :gaintsuck Still waiting for Christmas

It seems like you really don't know what you're talkin about.

"he will never impact a game like ed reed does unless he get's in the weight room" are you saying that ST is weak? I'd like to know how you came to that conclusion. And how many redskins games have you watched over the last couple of years? There's been plenty of times that I remember ST making a play/plays to impact a game.

"just like the blown coverage that gave Philly thier touchdown.." uhhhh, actually it was Shawn Springs who had blown coverage buddy. They audibled out of their original Defense and Springs didn't get the call....so your wrong again.

"Guys like Ed Reed,Dawkins and even Roy Williams impact thier respected games a lot more then ST does at this point." If I recall, Roy Williams got torched twice in the matter of 2 minutes by santana. my point is, not even the better players play flawless football. Of course ST's not gonna make every single team tackle, he's not gonna pick every pass thrown his way, he's not gonna run down every play that's on the other side of the field....u tell me one player who does. Sure ST makes mistakes, but how often? and who doesn't make mistakes?

"And yes ST can play man on a Moss,Owens or C.Johnson but only here and there. If they tried to man him up 1 on 1 at the LOS he would get torched he can't run with any of them CONSISTENTLY unless he has a cushion" are u telling me that ST is slow. WOW!! ST is one of the fastest safeties in da league. He can go one on one with ANY reciever in the league, ANY time. You show me one time where ST just simply got burnt, just one....i would really like to see that!!

You are making it seem like ST has done nothing since he's been here in Washington. Yeah he has his times where he's mistimed or misjudged a play, but that all comes with time and experience, may i remind you that he's only in his 2nd year. ST wants to be out there, he wants to improve, and he plays with all of his heart and soul....there's not much more you can ask for IMO.

He can't cover those guys consistently without a cushion. Did you see Brown running away from him on his td this past sunday. He is'nt slow but he is'nt fast niether the guy ran a 4.51,4.53 40 in his workouts most wr's will blast that especially Moss,Johnson and TO.

And yes he is weak go look at how many reps he did at 225lbs at his workout. He has also said he does'nt workout with weights.

I think ST is a fine football player and has a great future. He is 1 of my favorite skins in fact I just bought his jersey yesterday. The problem is i'm not a homer I eat,breath and poop football even the college game. And I can tell you this without hesitation he is'nt on the level of Reed,Dawkins or Williams yet has far has impacting game its not even close.

And ST was suppose to be on top of Brown on that play it was zone coverage the problem honestly was ST slipped slightly trying to recover from his drop being to deep go rewatch it then Brown flatout outran our speed demon to the endzone.

I can't stand blinded homers, I really can't, start watching more games then your own teams. And i'm not hating on ST I love the guy but he has a ways to go before he starts impacting games like the other 3 its just a fact...

I think it would be a great start if he stays in Ashburn all offseason working out.

And if you honestly think ST can man up at the LOS any Wr in this league then I can't do nothing but :laugh:

tell us how you really feel about taylor...but in case you were wondering i thought id let you know that in the name of the position "safety" there is a definition...you are there to keep the defense "safe" from long gains the definition of that position is to be back off the line of scrimmage so they can stop the deep ball and the only time they are on the line is to help against the run and taylor does that quite well and to blitz id say in a couple years youd be takin sean over a guy named "ed" (haha) anyday

He can't cover those guys consistently without a cushion. Did you see Brown running away from him on his td this past sunday. He is'nt slow but he is'nt fast niether the guy ran a 4.51,4.53 40 in his workouts most wr's will blast that especially Moss,Johnson and TO.

And yes he is weak go look at how many reps he did at 225lbs at his workout. He has also said he does'nt workout with weights.

I think ST is a fine football player and has a great future. He is 1 of my favorite skins in fact I just bought his jersey yesterday. The problem is i'm not a homer I eat,breath and poop football even the college game. And I can tell you this without hesitation he is'nt on the level of Reed,Dawkins or Williams yet has far has impacting game its not even close.

And ST was suppose to be on top of Brown on that play it was zone coverage the problem honestly was ST slipped slightly trying to recover from his drop being to deep go rewatch it then Brown flatout outran our speed demon to the endzone.

I can't stand blinded homers, I really can't, start watching more games then your own teams. And i'm not hating on ST I love the guy but he has a ways to go before he starts impacting games like the other 3 its just a fact...

I think it would be a great start if he stays in Ashburn all offseason working out.

And if you honestly think ST can man up at the LOS any Wr in this league then I can't do nothing but :laugh:

you honestly think any of those guys could have chased him down...brown is a speed demon and was given a ten yard start to the outside of taylor but i appreciate your view that he doesnt quite have the impact of those other three...thats def. true but i dont think it will be for long

Thank ya :D

I just think there is a ton of bias with him. He's good now, and he will be great soon, but hes definately not there yet. Its just funny seeing so many people on here saying that hes better than Ed Reed or Dawkins.

I do not see him as better than Dawkins or Reed. He sure has the potential to be, and my take is he may exceed even their level in the next season or two. His natural athleticism level is greater than anyone else on our team IMO, and he's smart enough. He needs the refinement only experience and focus can bring. I believe he will develop the needed accompanying discipline as well, based on how he's approaching this season, headhunting and all. We have a lot to look forward to in Taylor & Rogers for years to come.

Archived