Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

will clinton portis step it up

Moz Wanted

players that get drafted in their junior years go on 2nd and 3rd rounds if he waited one more year he would have been a 1st round pick its a fact

Umm it's a fact?? Then what about the likes of Alex Smth, Sean Taylor, Terrell Suggs, and Ray Lewis just to name a few? All of those left college without playing 4 years and they were first round picks, so your above statement isn't a fact, just something you decided to claim

portis will have few 2000+ yards as a redskins watch joe gibbs to make the dirtbags really good and i promise u in the future our offense will rally on porits back to win games he will be our offense

*btw did u know if portis did not get into the draft in 2001 as a junior he would have been a first round top 5 pick for the 2002 draft*

I believe you are delusional, sir. He is in his prime right now and the domination you are referring to just is not happening.

2000+ in a season? :laugh:

I really hate to be a jerk but I think Moz Wanted is the worst poster in the history of all message boards..........

Go do a search for a poster named bleedblue.:)

Moz has potential. Most of his threads get a lot of hits & replies. He just needs to figure out that this board isn't an instant messenger. Punctuation & a spell checker would go a long way towards him gaining some respect within the community.

Go do a search for a poster named bleedblue.:)

Moz has potential. Most of his threads get a lot of hits & replies. He just needs to figure out that this board isn't an instant messenger. Punctuation & a spell checker would go a long way towards him gaining some respect within the community.

jee thanks

i dont believe that portis is a system back. he is learning a new system and i believe he is beginning to grasp it. he ran for 1300 yards last year in an offense that had nothing but a run game with injuries on the line. if he is a system back, do you think he was a system back in miami? he will have his time to shine in this league, just give it time. he just needs to grow and mature and learn gibbs' system and he will be just fine.

Our o-line doesn't dominate the LOS like Denvers does. Also, I still am disgusted in how we slam him up the middle routinely only for him to be tackled immediately. All summer we kept hearing how they'd get Portis in space and get him to the edge, but instead I see him being sent up the gut every game. Whatever happened to that nice wide pitch play that we used against Denver and Kansas City? That was good for ten yards a play! There are other zone stretch plays that we've seen on occasion and Portis always runs well on them. I really am tired of these things when it comes to Portis and the offense:

1. The o-line doesn't block well on a consistent basis.

2. Sending him up the middle is close to futile.

3. Still not enough calling of the plays that made him a success in Denver.

i dont believe that portis is a system back. he is learning a new system and i believe he is beginning to grasp it. he ran for 1300 yards last year in an offense that had nothing but a run game with injuries on the line. if he is a system back, do you think he was a system back in miami? he will have his time to shine in this league, just give it time. he just needs to grow and mature and learn gibbs' system and he will be just fine.

Nope. Sorry. He's had PUH-LENTY of time to "learn" and "grow in the system." I love Clinton. I think he's a great personality and a dedicated player. I think he is a VERY GOOD running back.

Here's the problems:

1. He is not and will never be a "power back," which is what Joe Gibbs wants him to be.

2. The weight he added in the offseason (in order to please his coach, god love him) has thrown off his agility and balance.

3. He won't ever come close to his numbers as a Bronco because Denver DOES in fact have the best running scheme in the NFL.

I don't want to trade CP and I'm not here to trash him. I just think it's time to face reality and stop waiting for him to "arrive." He is what he is and Joe Gibbs misuses him.

This post is not intended to sound as negative as it does. It's just what I believe to be the truth after a year and a half of watching CP w/ the Redskins.

portis has been given far too much time to prove himself.... i say that if he doesn't step it up against philly, they should start playing cartwright behind betts. we need some more "bangin' backs" behind brunell.

yea rightt!!!!

betts and carwright will be the best duo in nfl

for fumbles that is!!!

Archived