Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Eagles scare me!

Sherlock Holmes

You'd think they'd try for some balance with an injured QB and all. :whoknows:

While Westbrook is a nice overall weapon to have and fits their Offense perfectly, he's not very good as an actual RB. They don't have anyone on their active roster who is a pure rusher right now who can really make a difference. They almost have to throw.

To tell ya'll the truth, I am not scared of Philly. Our defense has shown that we are tough and I definitely have faith in them to hold Philly down. Last year when they were blowing everybody out, our defense shut Terrell Owens down. Shawns spring will take care of him.

They only problem I see is Westbrook if he plays good. Besides that....Lavar Arrington is back now so Westbrook better watch his a*s coming out of that backfield.LOL

Our secondary is going to shut their passing game down, Walt Harris is having a very good year(he is stepping it up), Carlos Rogers is proven to be a very good corner (he'll be healthy by then) and Shawn Spring...we already know he shutting it down.

Our run defense is one of the best out their...so Philly if going to have to come with their A-Game also!

Our offense is rolling right now...let's just keep rolling right into and through the playoffs.

:eaglesuck :gaintsuck :dallasuck

Eagles don't scare me. The chargers are good team most weeks, but LT was bottled up yesterday. The Eagles Corners didn't look good at all yesterday. Additionally, the eagles will not be able to cheat their safeties up to the line to stop CP because they will certainly be toasted by Moss. Cooley's game is top notch for an H-back, Sellers is a threat from the backfield, and Patten is going to make teams pay for doubling Moss. I'm not scared. This season we have been the only team in our own way. Until a team beats us, without our help, I will continue to like our chances against all the teams on our schedule....

To tell ya’ll the truth, I am not scared of Philly. Our defense has shown that we are tough and I definitely have faith in them to hold Philly down. Last sear when Philly was blowing everybody out, our defense shut Terrell Owens down. Shawn Springs will take care of him.

The only problem I see is Westbrook if he’s having a good game. Besides that…Lavar Arrington is back…so he better watch his a*s out of the backfield.LOL

Out secondary is going to shut their passing game down, Walter Harris is having a very good year (he’s stepping it up), Carlos Rogers is proven to be a very good corner (he’ll be healthy by then), Shawn Spring…we already no what he is capable of.

Our run defense is one of the best out their…..so Philly is going to have to come with their A-game also.

Our offense is rolling right now…let’s just keep rolling right into and through the playoffs.

:eaglesuck

McNabb running around with the ball ALWAYS burns us! As long as everyone in our D is healthy coming in to this game I think we will beat them! We have to find a way to shut down McNabb - he always seems to beat us on the run!! I too am hoping now that Lavar "has his leggs back" he will chase McNabb down (for a loss ofcourse!) and clock him!

Skins must win against the G-men and Philly!!:eaglesuck :gaintsuck :eaglesuck :gaintsuck

What's amazing is that they stoped LT, but stil probably should have lost the game. Also, keep in mind, they had two weeks to prepare for LT. A good defense can stop a running game if they really really want too!

They were going to force Bress to beat them and he almost did. The Eagles don't really scare me. They're not running enough -- will be their down fall. However, you have to beat them, they will not beat themselves.

They are more balanced then the Giants, however, they can't run. The Giants can score, but can't stop anyone. The Skins are the best balanced team in the division.

Philly does make me nervous.A veteran team that knows how to win.That being said,I believe we can run on them .I think our style of running game is more conducive to running on the Eagles than the Chargers is.My biggest concern is stopping Mcnabb, he seems so often to find a way to hurt us.All things weighed I believe right now we have a better all around team.

Holding LT to 7 yards is no joke, however, they did have the bye week to prepare for him. (Plus I think he was a little emotionally distraught after that fire alarm incident;))

I think you have to have balance to win in the NFL, and the Eagles can't run the ball; it will catch up with them eventually (if it hasn't already--see the Dallas game)

Philly does make me nervous.A veteran team that knows how to win.That being said,I believe we can run on them .I think our style of running game is more conducive to running on the Eagles than the Chargers is.My biggest concern is stopping Mcnabb, he seems so often to find a way to hurt us.All things weighed I believe right now we have a better all around team.

Running against Philly is very difficult. Trotter is outstanding right now (Of course, his knees won't last a full 16 games, so expect him to be banged up by new years day)

The skins could beat this team with a healthy McNabb. But with him being unable to run and unable to throw the long ball their season is effectively over. Check this team in 6 weeks. Their days of coasting into the playoffs are over. They are managing to get gritty wins against KC and SD, but put them up against a team that can defend the pass and they become increasingly average.

They DON'T scare ME!

The Buzzards were lucky to get that win, because the Bolts collapsed after holding them the entire game. While I know that they, like the Girlz and the G'aints, will always get up to play the Skins, I'm not worried in the least about their lack of a run game, McOverrated and his bruised McRibs, nor their lack of a pass rush.

Skins by 13.

The Eagles are definitely not the NFC champions of last season. They got really lucky to win an ugly, poorly played game against SD. Their D is somewhat impressive but, as Dallas showed, it can be handled. Its offense is weak at best. Sure they have the downfield playmakers that can be dangerous, but they have NO running game whatsoever. I mean c'mon, to win a game in which you pass more than 75% of the time is absurd. They are a dwindling team that will soon be criticized on the scale that the skins were the last few seasons. As long as we put pressure on McNabb, contain TO, and avoid mistakes we can walk all over Philly.

:eaglesuck :eaglesuck :eaglesuck :eaglesuck :eaglesuck

A lot will depend on if all our DB's are healthy. We will need Springs,Harris and Rogers to be 100% If we are going to put pressure on McNabb.

Prediction The thought of Lavar chasing McNabb around while he searches for receivers makes me grin. The thought of Lavar catching him and crushing makes me smile.

This game will be a lot about momentum. We need to come out with the same kind of intensity we had this week. A big win at the meadowlands would be a great start.

I would love to see LA and ST sandwich McNabb!!!!!!!

Thier D played great but SD didn't play that well overall. They will be a tough game for us but we played them very tight last year and we are certainly better and they may be a little worse.

Also how about that bone head call with 4th and 1 from your own 30 and less than 4 minutes in the game?!! The Eagles deserved to loose with that crap. And somehow SD still gave the game away.

It should be a good game. I believe it will serve as a benchmark for where both teams stand. The Eagles are the best road team in football while the Redskins are young and hungry. It will come down to field position and special teams in my eyes. At this point in time, I look for a 1 or 3 point game that comes down to nerves, who has it will be determined....

Good luck though!

:Prediction The thought of Lavar chasing McNabb around while he searches for receivers makes me grin. The thought of Lavar catching him and crushing makes me smile.

:applause: :applause: :cheers: :applause: :applause:

That makes me smile also!!!

I predict McNabb won't finish the game. Then we get to "spank" Koy around also.

Hi guys,

Any team that stops LT like philly did last night deserves respect. I think it makes the Giants game a MUST WIN so that we can go into the philly game at Fed-ex with a good record and really be up for it!

Im not skeered, SanDiego only has Drew Breese, LT and one good reciever, no defense at all and they would of beat Philly if they didnt get a field goal blocked. They had Philly by the throat and lost it on 1 turn over. They held Phillys offense to 13 points in Philly, if they hel Philly to only 13 at there home, we can shut them out here.

Im not skeered, SanDiego only has Drew Breese, LT and one good reciever, no defense at all and they would of beat Philly if they didnt get a field goal blocked. They had Philly by the throat and lost it on 1 turn over. They held Phillys offense to 13 points in Philly, if they hel Philly to only 13 at there home, we can shut them out here.

Chris Berman once said....."But that's why they play the games."

We shall see Nov. 6th.

Question....will you guys where the Red or Whites?

I'm thinking we'll be in the whites, Number 5.

And thanks for at least admitting that it will be a close game, unlike some of your brethren, who seem to think its a foregone conclusion that the Eagles will win. What the Eagles have accomplished the past five years and their record so far has earned them respect; however, it does appear that the gap has narrowed significantly.

Ah, but the Birds are in two weeks. We gotta deal with the G-MEN first!

Archived