Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Eagles scare me!

Sherlock Holmes

The Eagles are very ordinary this year. They gave up a lot of passing yards, left seven points on the field at the end of the first half, and Andy Reid made a stupid fourth down call for a pass that ended up being incomplete...and would have been the 'highlight' of the game were it not for a miracle finish by the Eagles.

The Redskins will match up quite well with Philly this year.

Don't worry.

The Philly defense is tough. We have problems running the ball normally and I fear we'll have little success there against Philly.

Brunell will have to play very well for us to beat the Eagles. He'll have to be at the top of his game.

I think we're up to it. At least we have some semblance of who we are, unlike previous seasons.

they did not deserve that victory and that was very lucky at the end. In that case though, I hope that we fix Novak's low kick problems by then.

it wasnt the kicker. the guy that blocked the field goal was never touched. i mean the guy literally was right in front of the kicker with nobody around him. he flew right at the kicker with both hands in the air. its not like he was being blocked by a defender and had one hand raised. Chargers just freakin blew it.

ahh, what a difference a week makes. The Eagles are obviously still the team to beat, so they scare me in that regard, but they are in no way an undefeatable juggernaut that they have been the past 3 years (at least in the NFC). Teams got better around them and they stagnated and languished in turmoil. Also, lets not forget how bad the cowboys beat them 2 weeks ago.

Should be a great game though, I can't wait :D

The Philly game is going to be won/lost at the line of scrimmage. Both teams have very good run defenses and yards will be scarce. But, Portis vs. Westbrook = advantage (running wise) Skins.

Jim Johnson is going to blitz the H*ll out of Brunell and its up to the O-Line of the skins to be prepared for a busy day.

On the flip side.. the skins absolutely HAVE to put pressure on McNabb-- not necessarily sack him all the time but make him hurry his throws. I think we all have seen that he already had accuracy problems without his injury.. let lone with it. Force him to run and throw, keep him off balance when he throws. They cannot let him stand in the pocket comfortably and pick apart the defense-- trying to guard T.O. AND Westbrook running routes is like trying to hold water in your hands.

On the flip side.. the skins absolutely HAVE to put pressure on McNabb-- not necessarily sack him all the time but make him hurry his throws. I think we all have seen that he already had accuracy problems without his injury.. let lone with it. Force him to run and throw, keep him off balance when he throws. They cannot let him stand in the pocket comfortably and pick apart the defense-- .

:eaglesuck :eaglesuck :eaglesuck :eaglesuck :eaglesuck

A lot will depend on if all our DB's are healthy. We will need Springs,Harris and Rogers to be 100% If we are going to put pressure on McNabb.

Prediction The thought of Lavar chasing McNabb around while he searches for receivers makes me grin. The thought of Lavar catching him and crushing makes me smile.

This game will be a lot about momentum. We need to come out with the same kind of intensity we had this week. A big win at the meadowlands would be a great start.

Please. The Eagles have NO RUN GAME! Besides, the Chargers are what, 2-3? They aren't last years Chargers. Sell out to stop LT and they can't beat you. Not to mention they required not one, but TWO luck plays to win.

I am less concerned about them at home then the Giants on the road.

Any team that has absolutely no running game (despite having a very good rb like Westbrook) doesn't scare me. Don't forget the Eagles barely won last year and that was when they have everything clicking. Now they don't even have the running game and McNabb has a sports hernia? Please.

I think we are equal with Philly now. Should be a very good game when we play them.

The eagles are not as good as they were last year, and we have got considerably better.

They got lucky yesterday, but we got lucky against Seattle.

Another terrible finish for Marty. They had that game.

i agree. looking at the highlights yesterday makes the eagles' d look really strong.

Highlights could make my Grandmom look like the '85 Bears' D... ;)

All fairness, the Chargers haven't done as well as their wins in the losses they sufferred to teams with at least competent D's.

Are the Eagles and Redskins even?

The Eagles have played a slightly weaker schedule than the Skins, facing teams with records of 18-20 and 22-17 respectively. All of the Skins' games have been close (within 7 points) except the blow out of the 49ers (35 points). The Eagles played close in most games (within 6 points) except their blow out of the 49ers (39 points) and their big loss in Dallas (23 points). Against common opponents, both beat San Francisco, while the Eagles beat K.C. and lost to Dallas, and the Skins beat Dallas and lost in K.C.

Statistically, the Skins are much better with the 2nd offense and the 4th defense in the league -- the Eagles are 7th in offense and 20th on D. Washington is 4th in rushing offense, while the Eagles are dead last. The Eagles beat the Skins on rush D, tied for 10th vs. the Skins at 14th. And the Skins are 8th in passing offense, while the Eagles have the better statistics, ranking first in the NFL. Though the SKins are 4th against the pass to the Eagles 21st rank.

As for individual players, Brunell is 4th in passer rating to McNabb's 10th, Moss leads the league in receiving yards to Owen's 5th place, and Portis is the 8th best runner while Westbrook doesn't even rank in the top 30 (ouch).

In short, the Redskins are better in almost every statistical category, have played a stronger schedule, are by far the better balanced team. The Skins are undefeated at Fed Ex and get to play the Eagles there first. We should win this first game.

Skins are 8th in passing offense, while the Eagles have the better statistics, ranking first in the NFL. Though the SKins are 4th against the pass to the Eagles 21st rank.

To be fair, the Eagles throw approximately 8,734 times per game and run maybe once or twice... :laugh:

The Eagles are a well coached veteran team that knows how to win. They can not be taken lightly under any circumstances.

That said, their armor is full of holes this year. They are the worst rushing team in the league right now. That's fine against a team like the Chargers that has a suspect pass defense that's 29th in the league, but against us and our #4 pass defense, throwing the ball 50+ times is a recipe for disaster.

I think the Eagles are going to soon discover that to stay competitive in this division you've got to be able to run the ball. Look at what the Cowboys did to them. That's the only divisional game they've played so far. If they can't figure out how to run the ball effectively that won't be the last time that happens.

I think we have as good a shot to beat those guys as we've ever had in the Reid/McNabb era. I guess we'll soon find out.

The Eagles offense doesn't scare me at all. They are very one dimensional.

They don't run the ball at all.

Offensive line looks like crap. Hicks is the weak link. They just don't look as cohesive without Mayberry in the lineup.

McNabb is no longer a running threat d/t the hernia.

McNabb can't throw the ball further than 30 yards with any accurracy- again hernia.

How easy will that be to game plan against?

Their defense, however. Still very good.

It will be typical JJG football. Time of possession will work against Philly. Against Dalass and Atlanta, the Eagles offense sputtered.

The skins defense is better than either of those two.

McNabb is in for a long day. The Eagles defense as a result will tire from being on the field 33-34 min, and the Eagles will lose.

Archived