Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Are we the most balanced team in the NFC?

Vladimir L

We can go deep? Pound the ball at you? Play solid special teams specially when Hall is back.

Spread the ball to Coley, Sellers, Patton, Thrash

All those TD passes to seller are going to pay big because defenses will start keying in on him in the redzone.

On defense well we can stop the run and shut down the pass. We give up 1 big play a game though but as the year progresses we will get better. With Arrington back we should be able to chase the QB. Turn Overs I know will eventually come.

So recap

top 5 offense

top 5 defense possibly

I like this team. :gaintsuck :notworthy

I think the fundamentals are key for our success. We can't turnover the ball, and expect to win from week to week. We didn't turnover the ball this week which was great. We also can't make tons of penalties week to week, we had a lot this week, but not as many in the past weeks.

:point2sky

#8 passing offense

#4 rushing offense

#4 passing defense

#15 rushing defense

Our one weakness, I suppose, is that we are only slightly above average against the run. :)

Other than that, yeah, we've pretty well balanced.

Williams needs to figure out the reason we give up 1-2 big runs every game, it's killing the rush defense stats. They stop these great runners all game, then give up 1-2 big plays each week. :doh:

The deep ball and the down the field passes aren't quite where they should be. We haven't really been able to strike it big with any regularity since the Dallas game. The big TD to Moss was a little underthrown and the defender either lost the ball in the sun or just gave up prematurely.

But we've got a great short and mid-range passing game, and a lot of balance with the run between Portis and Betts. Lets hope Portis' splash into the endzone continues. Our D is very good, and I think with Arrington getting significant playing time and a healthy secondary, it can be downright great.

The NFC is wide open this year. If we can shore up the run defense and expand the passing game a little bit more, I think we could be, dare I say, unstoppable???

Wow!

i think we are the most balanced already, and i think if we can get a turnover or 2 every game like someone said up there i forgot who (sorry) and if we dont turn the ball over multiple times a game then we probably should/will be the best TEAM in the nfc...

The deep ball and the down the field passes aren't quite where they should be. We haven't really been able to strike it big with any regularity since the Dallas game. The big TD to Moss was a little underthrown and the defender either lost the ball in the sun or just gave up prematurely.

Well, we are tied for 12th in 20+ yard pass plays, and tied for 5th in pass plays of 40+ yards. Not bad considering we've played one fewer game than most teams. I don't think getting the ball downfield through the air is a huge problem for us.

Actually we are the most balanced team, but the one area we still need to show improvement is our red zone rushing. I just can't count what we did against the 9ners as proof that we figured out the red zone running. Give me at least one rushing TD in the next two games and then we are a solid, well rounded team that will go deep into the play-offs barring too many injuries.

Well, we are tied for 12th in 20+ yard pass plays, and tied for 5th in pass plays of 40+ yards. Not bad considering we've played one fewer game than most teams. I don't think getting the ball downfield through the air is a huge problem for us.

Thinking the same thing.. Watching us last year compared to this year is night and day. We are a beautiful team to watch offensively when we aren't shooting ourselves in the foot.

Yeah its not a huge problem. Most of our big plays have been from some nice yards after the catch though. As long as the big plays are comming, no worries, but its nice to be able to get it done in as many ways as possible. It would also be nice to see Portis finally break one. He's come close a number of times.

Archived