Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Eli Manning

Bang

Man, and does it show.

I tell you this, though,, isn't it GREAT that a game in week 9 between the Redskins and Giants has so much meaning? I just LOVE it.

Where's Tom? We need his opinion on all this.

~Bang

Not only that, but look at the last 3 games in our schedule. Giants, Pukes and Iggles. The division may not be decided until the final game of the year.

Its great and scary to see 4 great QB's in the NFC East again. Its been a while, but it has finally happened.

The Breakdown :

DALLAS> Bledsoe PR 100.4,TD 11

EAGLES> McNabb PR 95.9 TD 11

GIANTS> Manning PR 92.5 td 10

REDSKINS> Brunell PR 91.5 TD 9.

These stats are prior to todays games.

The same stats from todays games:

REDSKINS> Brunell PR 147.9 TD 3

GIANTS> Manning PR 74.9 TD 2

EAGLES> McNabb PR 69 TD 1

DALLAS> Bledsoe PR 50 TD 1

This means that the stat rankins are going to more than likely be skewed more towards the Skins and Giants having the 2 best QB's in the East going into next week, with the Skins having the slight edge.

I like our chances, the Giants D is suspect when it comes to the air, and the Redskins D is solid all the way around... This gives me a good feeling about next week and although we should be concerned about Manning, seeing as how bledsoe's stats are better than anyones up till today, and how well we handled him, I am confident going in.

Eli is really looking good. Our starting secondary will be healthy and ready to go (for only the second game in a row). Eli will have a tough time throwing on our D IMO. If we can avoid giving up the big running plays, I don't think the Giants will score more than 17 points. I really like our O against their D IF we can avoid the turnovers.

It will probably be a close tough game - but I realy think the Skins are ready to step up and get their second NFC-East win. :logo:

OK, I'll admit it,, Eli scares me. This guy looks way too poised to be in his second year. We are going to HAVE to pressure him and try to get inside his head. He doesn't look like he rattles easily, and given time, I think he can tear up any defense in the league.

Shockey is also playing well, and he's been a thorn in our side since he came into the league.

Buckle your chinstraps Redskins, this one won't be easy at all.

~Bang

Im having the opposite feeling as you. Well, to first start off, each and every game in the nfl has to be seen as a challenge because any team out there can win on any given sunday...

With that being said, the Giants dont scare me as much as any other team that we've played this year. Giants still have yet to face a tough Defensive team like us. Plus this is a divisional game... Against dallas he looked liek a little girl for the most part. Totally different story when they play us.

I give him credit.. he is a stud in the making, i mean this guy in his 2nd year is truly amazing. But in this matchup, i think we match up very well against plax and toomer. Both very gaurdable dudes. ST will keep an eye out for shockey. No worries.

Eli is really looking good. Our starting secondary will be healthy and ready to go (for only the second game in a row). Eli will have a tough time throwing on our D IMO. If we can avoid giving up the big running plays, I don't think the Giants will score more than 17 points. I really like our O against their D IF we can avoid the turnovers.

It will probably be a close tough game - but I realy think the Skins are ready to step up and get their second NFC-East win. :logo:

My thoughts exactly, our defensive secondary is finally healthy again which should allow the front seven to get after Eli. Let's also not forget that we'll probably see a lot more of No.56 out there making big plays. I'm feeling pretty confident we can hold the Giants to under 20 points.

On the other hand our offense against thier defense is a really big mismatch, they're giving up a LOT of yards per game and 23+ points as well. If Brunell can stay on this hot streak he's on it shouldn't be too hard to pull out a win.

Manning looked lost for most of that game today. Denver was coming at him from all over.

Only, until they stupidly went into a prevent defense, did he move the ball.

Gotta get after him. One thing the Skins haven't been able to do all year. Not good.

if we can get after eli i think we'll win, well said ljer....on the offensive side we cant turn the ball over and we gotta keep getin TD's when we are inside the red zone...on defense if we prevent the big play and get the pass rush i think we have a real good shot to win this one.

OK, I'll admit it,, Eli scares me. This guy looks way too poised to be in his second year. We are going to HAVE to pressure him and try to get inside his head. He doesn't look like he rattles easily, and given time, I think he can tear up any defense in the league.

Shockey is also playing well, and he's been a thorn in our side since he came into the league.

~Bang

the kid needs a few good hits!!!

he looks good but I think he is going to be a fragile QB..but he's still gonne be a good QB when he's protected.

There will be games where we'll need to depend on our offense to be on the field keeping the ball out of the hands of our opponents' offense.

I'm thinking next week will be one of those games.

That's what I think we need - time of possession. Eli is obviously the real deal and Tiki is a real pain in the butt. If they don't have the ball we don't have to worry nearly as much. Given the G-men's scoring, we better have more than just TOP, we better get points. We can't win between the 20's - we have to score.

~Bang

Remember Eli has only started 13 games in his career. It is amazing how he is playing, i do expect him 2 still have growing pains & ur defense is tough no doubt. But we are finally starting 2 burn teams who are blitzing us often. Should be a great game.

Eli showed some poise bringing the Giants back, but let's not forget that the Broncos had a large part in that. After pressuring and blitzing Manning all day long they decide to stop pressuring and play prevent defense.

This almost backfired on them in the Washington game, but absolutely killed them yesterday. The Giants looked AWFUL, the line couldn't block and Eli looked like the 2nd year QB he is.

What's great about this is that Williams will have a chance to see how he can rattle Manning, and I expect the defense to come out swinging next weekend.

I dunno about the Giants just yet. They much like the Cowboys are a hard team to read. See with our team, we have gotten better every week. We haven't taken a step back since Game 1. The Giants however, have looked good sometimes, and bad sometimes. I think the Cowboys and Denver have somewhat exposed their "awesome offense" as only being great if Eli can play in his comfort zone, where as a QB like Brunell has been in the league long enough to make better decisions under pressure. Also, I think stopping Tiki barber will be the key. I am not worried about Burress or Toomer, being that we have our starting secondary playing together again going into next week. The biggest scare for me is the small chance that Griffin doesn't play because he has been the anchor of our defensive line, and I think the line as a whole suffers when he is not on the field. At the same time, if Arrington continues to get more playing time that adds another component to our defense that our divisional rivals didn't have to face in 2004.

~Bang

I disagree

The offense must step up and control the ball. Need to convert on third downs. Need to max protect. Need to run the ball. Does this sound familar? Joe Gibbs football. We will win a close game. And Manning will be a good one but not against our D. Hail Skins

~Bang

I totally agree.

Eli showed some poise bringing the Giants back, but let's not forget that the Broncos had a large part in that. After pressuring and blitzing Manning all day long they decide to stop pressuring and play prevent defense.

This almost backfired on them in the Washington game, but absolutely killed them yesterday. The Giants looked AWFUL, the line couldn't block and Eli looked like the 2nd year QB he is.

What's great about this is that Williams will have a chance to see how he can rattle Manning, and I expect the defense to come out swinging next weekend.

Exactly. As Jim Rome would say, "Rack it!" :cheers:

Seriously, since when did Eli Manning become Joe Montana? Did I miss something here? The way some of you guys are gushing over this kid, you would think we're heading to the Meadowlands next week to face the NFL QB version of Serpentor. :rolleyes:

Has Eli showed exceptional poise for a 2nd year QB? Sure. But let's not forget that he has faced some of the most Charmin soft pass defenses in the league. And as laurent points out, he looked like absolute :pooh: today when Denver were pressuring him. But of course the Donkeys bailed the G-Men out when they went into the "prevent (you from winning)" defense at the end of the game.

Fearless prediction: Gregg Williams will give young Eli fits next week. :helmet:

I can't wait for this game. This should be another close one. I think it will come down to turnovers, clock management and penalties. All about the fundamentals. They have a very good football team. We have a better.

This game will take all four quarters. But we're used to that by now. We're comming off of a 'fun' game and got everyone's confidence up, now we can only beat ourselves.

Scared? I ain't scared of :pooh:! (well maybe sloppy football.........but just a little)

He seems to just put the ball up there for plax to catch, it will be interesting to see ST defend that.

Agree with you on this one. Plaxico was basically just playing jump ball. He was killing Champ, and Champ admitted it(That's what they said on Cold Pizza.) I hope Springs can keep him in check. If we get pressure on Manning I think we will have a good chance.

~Bang

Bang, while I agree with your assessment, I think Eli is ripe for a let down game. I also think the 'Skins are still improving, esp. offensively.

Archived