Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Don't be fooled by the 49'ers defensive rankings

Mooka

Their D has been making plays this year.

15 sacks

5 ints

6 fumbles

Thats 11 takeaways to the Skins 2.

15 sacks to the Skins 5.

Don't get me wrong their D is very vulnerable but if they had an offense teams wouldn't be racking up the yards so easily. They have some playmakers. Jullian Peterson is practicing this week and will play, Bryant Young has been a monster this year with 6 sacks. We all saw Jared Allen abuse both our tackles, the line better step it up as a unit and find a way to contain Young. He's been lining up at DE and DT this year.

49'ers have been good at stuffing the run this year, but Jeff Ulbrich was a large part of that. Without Ulbrich, Clinton should have a decent day. Their CBs are in trouble though. No way Shawntae Spencer can cover Santanna, so they'll need safety help. Should open it up for Cooley over the middle. (Philly game LJ Smith was open alllllll day due to extra help on TO)

Overall, don't be surprised if our offense coughs the ball up a couple times. Peterson and Young are hard to contain and they have some ball-hawking safeties. We've had some TO problems and I suspect Gibbs will run a fairly conservative offense.

Luckily for us the 49ers Offense doesn't stand much of a chance. Their O-Line just isn't getting the job done. Kevin Barlow dances too much and Frank Gore has some problems protecting the football. Their only playmakers on offense are the WRs but someone has to get them the ball, Alex Smith will probably struggle to run the offense on the road. Battle will probably be out this week as well too, leaving just Brandon Lloyd to worry about. Morton hasn't done a damn thing.

Will be a closer game then some think, we'll pull ahead in the 4th quarter. :2cents:

23 - 13 Skins

Their D has been making plays this year.

15 sacks

5 ints

6 fumbles

Thats 11 takeaways to the Skins 2.

15 sacks to the Skins 5.

Don't get me wrong their D is very vulnerable but if they had an offense teams wouldn't be racking up the yards so easily. They have some playmakers. Jullian Peterson is practicing this week and will play, Bryant Young has been a monster this year with 6 sacks. We all saw Jared Allen abuse both our tackles, the line better step it up as a unit and find a way to contain Young. He's been lining up at DE and DT this year.

49'ers have been good at stuffing the run this year, but Jeff Ulbrich was a large part of that. Without Ulbrich, Clinton should have a decent day. Their CBs are in trouble though. No way Shawntae Spencer can cover Santanna, so they'll need safety help. Should open it up for Cooley over the middle. (Philly game LJ Smith was open alllllll day due to extra help on TO)

Overall, don't be surprised if our offense coughs the ball up a couple times. Peterson and Young are hard to contain and they have some ball-hawking safeties. We've had some TO problems and I suspect Gibbs will run a fairly conservative offense.

Luckily for us the 49ers Offense doesn't stand much of a chance. Their O-Line just isn't getting the job done. Kevin Barlow dances too much and Frank Gore has some problems protecting the football. Their only playmakers on offense are the WRs but someone has to get them the ball, Alex Smith will probably struggle to run the offense on the road. Battle will probably be out this week as well too, leaving just Brandon Lloyd to worry about. Morton hasn't done a damn thing.

Will be a closer game then some think, we'll pull ahead in the 4th quarter. :2cents:

23 - 13 Skins

Yea...they still stink and Alex Smith is still starting. No way do they put 13 up on us. :2cents:

Unearned points are the only way I could see the niners scoring. And realistically, anything more than 10 should do it for Washington.

Dude that's an awesome sig. I loved those PSAs.

Eitehr way, I think we need not to look at this as an easy win. We've done it in the past, and look what has happened. We need to go into this game as if we were the underdog.

Unearned points are the only way I could see the niners scoring. And realistically, anything more than 10 should do it for Washington.

They put up 31 on Dallas and were ahead going into the 4th quarter, and they beat St Louis earlier this year. They've played one of the harder schedules in the league so far (inc..Indy, Philly, Stl, and Dallas) so while the skins should win...I wouldn't go chalk it up as a W just yet.

They put up 31 on Dallas and were ahead going into the 4th quarter, and they beat St Louis earlier this year. They've played one of the harder schedules in the league so far (inc..Indy, Philly, Stl, and Dallas) so while the skins should win...I wouldn't go chalk it up as a W just yet.

Agreed. Thats a pretty rough schedule. What would the skins record be right now??

Agreed. Thats a pretty rough schedule. What would the skins record be right now??

probably the same as it is now. Wins over Dallas (which we have), Arizona, and St. Louis. Losses to Indy and Philly. But lets not discount the Redskins schedule either. 4 division leaders (technically 2-3 Bears are on top of their division, Dallas, Denver, and Seattle) and a playoff contender KC 3-2.

Any Given Sunday.... The 49'ers have nothing to lose. They know it, and the pressure is on the Skins to not make any stupid mistakes to put the 49er's in a position to make it interesting.

The Skins will have to do what a true playoff contender at home should do to a team like the 49er's and win in very convincing fashion. This is actually a big mental test for the team. I love that Gibbs is not overlooking this contest at all.

Julian Peterson when healthy might be the second best linebacker in the league and he is comming home. He worries me. Their Secondary is banged up they moved Rumph back to corner and he struggles in coverage and will have a hard time keeping up with Santana his former U buddy:) Oh yeah Bryant Young is going to give us fits as well :doh:

Great point. Does anyone remember the Indy game earlier this year? Many found it startling that they were able to keep that offense in check the way they did.

I'm optimistic about our chances of posting a big number, but they do have the defensive potential to make things tough.

I firmly believe we'll win, but it won't be the slam-dunk many believe it can be.

Prove me wrong Skins!

Great point. Does anyone remember the Indy game earlier this year? Many found it startling that they were able to keep that offense in check the way they did.

I'm optimistic about our chances of posting a big number, but they do have the defensive potential to make things tough.

I firmly believe we'll win, but it won't be the slam-dunk many believe it can be.

Prove me wrong Skins!

:applause: Well said. Nasty Boy for Governor of VA. :applause:

No one's chalking anything up right now, but trading Rattay, who started the Rams and Dallas game isn't a good way to impress me that they're as threatening as you're suggesting.

That was with Rattay at QB and with Julian Petersen starting at LB. Both gone (Petersen hurt).

This is a scrimmage...and I'm generally hesitant to call us big winners but living in the SF Bay Area and listening to what is going on in the team they are 2 years minimum from being "Nolan's Guys" - Nolan is playing Erickson's guys right now.

24-3 Skins..

And, yes, I was at the Dallas/49er game in full Redskin attire hoping for an upset to help us out. They choked B-I-G T-I-M-E!!! :2cents:

Archived