Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dream Seats

punishmentcrew

Here's the other thing about the dream seats:

When JKC built the stadium, his goal was to solve as many problems as possible that existed at RFK. One of the problems was many people at RFK who sat close to and low to the field had to stand the whole game so that they could see over the heads of the people standing on the sideline. JKC solved this by building Row 1 at the minimum height required to be able to see over the heads of those standing on the sideline. Although the sightlines wouldn't be as good as the club level or upper deck, at least fans could see the players on the field while in a sitting position. When JKC sent out literature in 1996, he bragged about all these improvements, including this improvement in Row 1, in what would be the new stadium.

In 1997, April I think, Jack Kent Cooke passed away.

The new owner built so-called dream seats in front of and below the row 1 seats. First two rows. Then a third row.

You do the math.

I was wondering has anyone sat in these "Dream Seats" at Fed Ex. I am getting two of them for the Dec 24th game against the Giants and wanted to know people's opinion on them. :gaintsuck

Super, super close to the field. They are basically on the field in the area close to where Gus banged his head. Great vantage point for seeing the plays develop.

Here's the other thing about the dream seats:

When JKC built the stadium, his goal was to solve as many problems as possible that existed at RFK. One of the problems was many people at RFK who sat close to and low to the field had to stand the whole game so that they could see over the heads of the people standing on the sideline. JKC solved this by building Row 1 at the minimum height required to be able to see over the heads of those standing on the sideline. Although the sightlines wouldn't be as good as the club level or upper deck, at least fans could see the players on the field while in a sitting position. When JKC sent out literature in 1996, he bragged about all these improvements, including this improvement in Row 1, in what would be the new stadium.

In 1997, April I think, Jack Kent Cooke passed away.

The new owner built so-called dream seats in front of and below the row 1 seats. First two rows. Then a third row.

You do the math.

How would you have liked to finally work your way down to lower level front row seats and then Snyder goes and puts more rows in front of you? Ouch.

How would you have liked to finally work your way down to lower level front row seats and then Snyder goes and puts more rows in front of you? Ouch.

yeah, that would suck.

this is a pic of one of my favorite redskins, lavar arrington, from my endzone seats, 4 rows up from the "Dream Seats". i noticed that he was not warming up, at all. little did i know...

MSN_Hotmail_-_Message.jpg

I sat in endzone seats row 3 last week. It was cool being that low during warm ups and commercial breaks, but it stunk for watching the game. I have the same set of tickets this week. I will be letting someone else sit in those and going back to my section 454 seats. Now thats where to watch a game.

I sat in endzone seats row 3 last week. It was cool being that low during warm ups and commercial breaks, but it stunk for watching the game. I have the same set of tickets this week. I will be letting someone else sit in those and going back to my section 454 seats. Now thats where to watch a game.

for the record, i agree with you and mark the homer.

if you have played football and are used to seeing the field eye level, you wont have a problem.

What? Thats total BS if you ask me lol

Playing football on the field and watching football from the stands are 2 different things. I played semi pro ball until i was 27 (im 34 now) When your playing football you dont watch the game as if you were in the stands, your more focused on the guy in front of you and worried about your assignment(s)

When your in the stands you follow the ball more and watch different things

throughout the game.

I have sat in the front row before and you cant see the plays open up and devolope unlike sitting in the upper deck or even the club level. Just my :2cents: :2cents:

I have been all over the lower bowl and I prefer my club level seats. Yeas it is kewl to be close to the field but I like the club level because your not to far away and you get to see the entire field. The one thing that I can say is better in the lower bowl is the fans interaction with the game. I have far to many people around me that only cheer after a score or if we are so loud that we create a fals start. Dream seats seem like they would be nice but I prefer my club level ones.

Archived