Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Joe Gibbs on NBC 4 and *livid*...

wilbur58z

It is a major distraction. Clinton Portis commented on it a couple of weeks ago. There is anomisity at practice for sure and players sense that. They also have to be wondering if they are next to be treated like a dirty diaper. Shawn Springs better hope Ide Jimoh isn't a better system player. He might not get a chance to prove his worth when he comes back.

Freaking dumbest thing I have ever heard!! Why dont we just f ing bow down to Lavar cause you like him... F lavar I am sick of his comments about me me me me me me me me and me me me and me and some more me me.. He got paid, he is not on the field and there is a reason. He aint cutting it. Get over it.

My wife (who does not like football in the least bit) saw Gibbs on the news this evening and thought someone had died. She said he look as if he was talking about a dead person. I have always liked LaVar and I don't think this bodes well for his future here. I think he would make a difference in sacks and turnovers.

To say that Lavar is wrong for answering questions asked to him on 980 is totally ridiculous. Lavar didn't start this. It was Howie Long who went on the air and said that Lavar didn't want to play special teams and threatened not to attend meetings. Both things were later proven untrue, but you didn't see Long going on the air the next week to say that.

Greg Williams keeps saying show it practice and then doesn't give him the reps. Anyone who know Pro Ball knows the backups don't get reps during game week because they are game planning/preparing for the next opponent. Thats why the backup QB doesn't get many reps after the preseason is over.

Before the Howie Long comment, the only thing you heard out of Lavar was I am not starting, I am not sure why, I wish Holdman the best and I am a Redskin until told otherwise. After Long's comments then everybody came out of the woodwork with all this negative stuff. And the only thing that Lavar did was respond. And he still hasn't said anything that suggest he is a selfish or me first player.

There is an old saying that goes "Nobody can take away your good name without you consent.

It is a major distraction. Clinton Portis commented on it a couple of weeks ago. There is anomisity at practice for sure and players sense that. They also have to be wondering if they are next to be treated like a dirty diaper. Shawn Springs better hope Ide Jimoh isn't a better system player. He might not get a chance to prove his worth when he comes back.

I doubt that the players are wondering anything at all. What happens when you don't do what the coaches tell you on a Joe Gibbs team is completely and utterly clear.

I would really like to know what Gibbs told Lavar he needs to do to play. Is he talking about practice? Lavar dosen't get reps! I hope someone follows up with this question tommorow during the Williams interview.

Why did Gibbs say the whole time he was hurt that he is a difference maker and we can't wait to get him back? Why does Greg Williams lead everybody to believe that this might be the week he plays? Why did Gibbs say at the end of the game say his packages weren't called and they didn't substitute at linebacker much? Does Lavar really have any packages? Come on! It was obvious after seeing that picture of him on the bench Sunday they had no intentions of playing him.

I have the upmost respect for Gibbs but I'm losing a little each week when him and his assistant appear to be the liars.

I am offended by this junk your losing respect for Gibbs because of Lavar. How old are you?... 13 and you just cant get over this jerk who had problems with Marvin Lewis and now Williams and Gibbs and Oh yea Joe Pa at Penn St. Think about it for a second. What has Lavar ever done for the skins but play for some horrible teams, complain to coaches, file greivances, show up for OTA's when he felt like it. What a stupid post...you should have lost respect for Lavar along time ago!

I've always thought Lavar was a beast but I've got to trust the coaches. There is no way in hell a coach would keep a player on the bench that increases his chances to win. You can't compare Lavar to Meshawn Johnson because face it Meshawn just not that good.

On the flip side, I can't believe that Lavar couldn't at least start at DE on passing downs to get into a QB's face. He'd have secondary help to back him up so I don't understand the risk. Furthermore we do have some pretty stubborn coaches. Not tayloring the offense to Portis' running style and benching PR after less than half a game is pretty suspect. Then again you have to flip to the other side and support the coaches instinct because Brunell is tearing it up. Who know's the answer but the topic is getting old that's for sure.

Hey while Lavar was playing for and being Mr everything to the Redskins our team was Undisciplined and sucked. Gibbs and his crew came in and told the players the rules and that every position would be earned. Lavar cant cut it because he cant follow a game plan. Read the Don Banks article. Marvin Lewis couldnt work with him but didnt have the power to sit him. Gibbs has the power and is using it. Lavar has said the team stole money from him. When his own agents were to stupid to read the contract. Lavar then claims the team rushed him back because they didnt care about his injury. .

Lavar Arrington is a disgrace to Every MAN that has layed it on the line for the REDSKINS.

Lavar is a cry baby that needs to grow up and try to be half the man Gibbs is.

I think if the question is, "who isn't being straight about the lavar situation ?" I know coach gibbs and gw are not the types for soap operas, they are coaches who will do the best thing for the success of the TEAM(emphasis on team). Lavar got alot of support from fans during the redskins losing seasons because he was one of a few bright spots on a losing team.....Now the team is becoming successful and he is willing to jeapordize the success of the team because he is not getting his way . I say jeapordize the success of the team because it seems to be a growing nagging problem in our teams rebuilding process, this season is very important and as a Redskin fan I am very pissed at lavars attitude. I have often heard lavar refer to fans as "my fans" and I know that lavar does have fans that sound like they are more concerned about his playing time than they are the success of the team. I am really dissapointed about this situation I guess because I was a huge lavar fan....but this attitude that I sense(the me first mentality) from lavar, is very suprising to me. You would think someone who really cared about the team would tone this thing waaay down during this important time for the redskins. You know, we have been waiting for the return of success to the burgundy and gold for a loooooong time and I'll be damned if any player in the NFL ever is worth the success of the team. :logo: A thought that keeps running through my mind the past couple days is, go ahead and let lavar go however that has to happen, lets see how many coaches come running after him and lets do what we gotta do to keep sean taylor.

I don't know why everyone is getting on Lavar he is only answering questions from the press, and might I add until tuesdays radio appearance he has not said a bad thing about the redskins. Greg Williams on the other hand is lying. How can someone prove themselves when they are not getting an opportunity on the pracrtice field or in the game. You know how to solve all this play him and they get the media off there backs and he might force a couple of turnovers or get a sack or two.

The Lavar drama is worse than the Patrick Ramsey stuff 3 weeks ago....enough already, matter of fact I need to rant about this.

**Rant on***

I am getting really tired of this crap.....Lavar, the media and the "waahh, Lavar's not playing, the sky is fallling, no more Eastern Motors commercials waahhh" people.

We're 3-1 and TIED for 1st place in the hardest divison in the NFL right now (YES, I SAID IT!!!!! THE NFCE IS THE BEST DIVISION IN THE NFL AGAIN!) and going into another tough game against another decent team.

And yet all anybody can talk about is Why isn't Lavar playing.....

Where's Lavar? What's Lavar doing? Are the Skins mad at Lavar?

It's Lavar 24/7, this is almost as tired as the TO drama at Eagle's training camp.

I'm suprised nobody has started a thread about Lavar watching TV now, or Lavar eating breakfast or Lavar taking a big dump.....

I almost am getting to the point where I miss the media saying that Gibbs is washed up, the O is pathetic and the D is ok and Snyder is a nitwit.....at least that was more entertaining to read than this Lavar drama.

**Rant off***

Lavar Arrington is a disgrace to Every MAN that has layed it on the line for the REDSKINS.

Lavar is a cry baby that needs to grow up and try to be half the man Gibbs is.

You've pretty much summed up exactly how I feel. Lavar Arrington is the antithesis of what being a Redskin was all about when Gibbs was first here.

Of course Lavar isn't going to say why they're not playing him. If he comes out to the media that Gibbs and GW (two highly respected coaches) think that he's not picking up the system, or is having problems with schemes, that only decreases his value to other teams that my be interested in picking him up. What teams would want to pay 12 million dollar per year to a linebacker that can't play within a complex system and/or show discipline?

After watching that interview, I think Gibbs has said what he wants to say without throwing Lavar under the bus.

Well, I can't put all the blame on Lavar for "opening his trap".. I mean,, reporters deluge him with questions on the subject. Maybe he's trying to be honest about it with them, and I'd think that in a situation like this, "no comment" would be just as big a problem, because that would leave the jackals to speculate.

~Bang

I'm not disagreeing with you, but the problem with LaVar "opening his trap" is that he speaks his feelings, not his mind. He's an emotional guy and sometimes the facts get in the way of his feelings. For example, last year, he was complaining that he was healthy enough to play, then during the offseason, he accused the coaches of "rushing him back".

I was a big fan a LaVar, and still am hoping to see him succeed as a Redskin, but he seems to be doing everything he can to stir up trouble.

Get a grip. Drama Queen. Lavar is a malcontent who is out of position more often than not. Go look at the Giants game from two years ago. He cost us that game. (Full back throw back pass anyone?)

To say that Lavar is wrong for answering questions asked to him on 980 is totally ridiculous. Lavar didn't start this. It was Howie Long who went on the air and said that Lavar didn't want to play special teams and threatened not to attend meetings. Both things were later proven untrue, but you didn't see Long going on the air the next week to say that.

Greg Williams keeps saying show it practice and then doesn't give him the reps. Anyone who know Pro Ball knows the backups don't get reps during game week because they are game planning/preparing for the next opponent. Thats why the backup QB doesn't get many reps after the preseason is over.

Before the Howie Long comment, the only thing you heard out of Lavar was I am not starting, I am not sure why, I wish Holdman the best and I am a Redskin until told otherwise. After Long's comments then everybody came out of the woodwork with all this negative stuff. And the only thing that Lavar did was respond. And he still hasn't said anything that suggest he is a selfish or me first player.

There is an old saying that goes "Nobody can take away your good name without you consent.

this is a great post.

I don't think there is a problem with a player talking to the media. It is how you handle yourself in those talks to the media that matters. Let's compare how Ramsey handled his demotion to how Lavar has acted about his situation. Ramsey's demotion was pretty harsh, getting pulled from the middle of a game. But, he has been nothing but class about it. He's obviously disappointed, and didn't agree with Gibbs decision, but he would accept it and move on. Basically, a team move.

Lavar, on the other hand, has been acting like the D can't live without him. He said that he doesn't understand what the coaching staff wants from him. That may be true. I can't believe that the coaching staff hasn't told him why he isn't playing, and what they want from him, particularly after Gibbs' statement.

Basically, it sounds like Lavar is using the media to get him back on the field. He knows how popular he is, and he knows that some of his fan base will bite on what he's trying to sell. I've certainly seen it here.

The thing is, you don't air your dirty laundry in public. Internal matters are just that, internal. That is what this is. This isn't usually cool with a strong coaching staff that is trying to get things done without having to vet everything with the public. It is the same thing TO was doing during the offseason, but it failed for him because he didn't understand that McNabb was more popular than he was.

You aren't going to hear from Gibbs or Williams the details of what was said to Lavar. They aren't going to play on his battlefield. Who cares what we feel about it, if they know what they are doing.

Jason

Lavar is a . . . who is out of position more often than not.

That's like the Chicken Little story: The Sky is falling . . . The Sky is falling!

Say it over and over and people start to believe it.

True, LaVar has been beaten and out of position.

More often than not? Not true. Not true at all.

Fact of the matter is that everyone gets beat, and most of the time because they make a mistake in judgment and are not in the right position as a result. Sean Taylor, Ade Jimoh, Warrick Holdman, Carlos Rogers . . .

But they're not riding the bench . . .

I agree with both of Bang's posts on the first page. Someone isn't playing this straight and while I have reasons to suspect certain parties of this or that I'd rather not speculate and know just what the hell is going on. It will come out eventually but damnit I'm curious. :)

Archived