Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Joe Gibbs on NBC 4 and *livid*...

wilbur58z

They just showed Gibbs on NBC 4 talking about LaVar at Redskins Park. He said the bit about talking to LaVar more than any other player in 30 years of coaching and that LaVar knows exactly why he's not playing.

At the end he just gets silent and says "That's all I'm going to talk about that"

The whole time he had a look of disgust on his face.

They went back to the studio and George Michael said that was as mad as he's seen Joe Gibbs since when a reporter asked Gibbs back in his first tenure if he regreted having a black QB backing up Jay Schroeder.

He should be disgusted.

However,I have to think that there is something not right going on, and someone needs to come clean.

I doubt Joe is going to call Lavar a liar, and I don't know that he is, but someone is not playing it straight, and it's getting to be a major distraction, at least for us fans anyway, I can only hope Redskins park is more focused on the Chiefs.

Postons anyone?

~Bang

It is a major distraction. Clinton Portis commented on it a couple of weeks ago. There is anomisity at practice for sure and players sense that. They also have to be wondering if they are next to be treated like a dirty diaper. Shawn Springs better hope Ide Jimoh isn't a better system player. He might not get a chance to prove his worth when he comes back.

He should be disgusted.

However,I have to think that there is something not right going on, and someone needs to come clean.

I doubt Joe is going to call Lavar a liar, and I don't know that he is, but someone is not playing it straight, and it's getting to be a major distraction, at least for us fans anyway, I can only hope Redskins park is more focused on the Chiefs.

Postons anyone?

~Bang

Amen Bang. Nobody and I mean nobody on this board can convince me that a three time pro bowler who is only 27 yrs old can't get on the field on atleat 3rd down passing situations where he excelled under Lewis. But, I will say that Gibbs is handling it the way it should be and that's behind closed doors. Lavar needs to keep his trap shut, but he wears his emotions on his sleeve.

He has a right to be livid, I mean we are after all 3-1 and Lavar can't keep his freakin' mouth shut about playing time. I said it earlier today and I'll say it again Lavar is finished here and this situation is going to end up like Meyshawn Johnson and Tampa Bay. I am sorry I was a one time Lavar fan but we are 3-1 with a tough game coming up and all Lavar is contributing is major headaches for Gibbs and GW.

:eaglesuck :gaintsuck :dallasuck

I think it's b.s. that Lavars not playing, the washington post had a article today about how the defense hasn't forced turnovers, I think the skins need to play Lavar cause hes a big playmaker,hes someone that could help force turnovers which would give the "D" a big spark and give the team some momentum,if there not gonna start him they at least need to play him in passing downs so he can rush the qb.Hes just wasting away on the bench

Didn't Gibbs workout LaVar's contract dispute..... to make him happy, when they could have easily won an arbitration case?

So if he felt he was important to the Skins, why would he sit him over something childish like a personal grudge....

Gibbs has never lied to the fans, he doesn't air a players dirty laundry in the press, and unlike many coaches has the love and respect of almost if not all his former players.

LaVar has flipped flop more than fish out of water, has a history of silly drama, and has a list of former DC's complaining about his attitude

gee who can you believe?

It is a major distraction. Clinton Portis commented on it a couple of weeks ago. There is anomisity at practice for sure and players sense that. They also have to be wondering if they are next to be treated like a dirty diaper. Shawn Springs better hope Ide Jimoh isn't a better system player. He might not get a chance to prove his worth when he comes back.

Look, I don't know anymore than you do, but I seriously doubt there is any animosity on the practice field(other than maybe #56's). Do you really think a group who is out to prove themselves as much as this team is angry that their coach has led them to a 3-1 season so far? The defense has shown no signs of being upset about this move, and the offense has to be just happy to finally be proving themselves.

If there is any animosity it would be directed at LA(I would assume), for taking the spotlight away from his teammates while they are playing their behinds off.

Gibbs should be angry, all he's done to bring this team back to relevance and now he has to deal with a player whining instead of proving himself when his time comes.

Well, I can't put all the blame on Lavar for "opening his trap".. I mean,, reporters deluge him with questions on the subject. Maybe he's trying to be honest about it with them, and I'd think that in a situation like this, "no comment" would be just as big a problem, because that would leave the jackals to speculate.

~Bang

IMO it's as simple as this; Coach is just as tired of hearing interview ?'s about LA, as we are reading new threads about him. I'm not saying this thread isn't a good one, it's something we definitely wanted hear about, especially those of us who don't live in the area.

With the way this team is playing, I don't feel anyone should be questioning personell

Well, I can't put all the blame on Lavar for "opening his trap".. I mean,, reporters deluge him with questions on the subject. Maybe he's trying to be honest about it with them, and I'd think that in a situation like this, "no comment" would be just as big a problem, because that would leave the jackals to speculate.

~Bang

Doesn't he have a season long deal with the JT show? Maybe he should tell John to forget the rest of the deal, because it only detracts from the team.

I would really like to know what Gibbs told Lavar he needs to do to play. Is he talking about practice? Lavar dosen't get reps! I hope someone follows up with this question tommorow during the Williams interview.

Why did Gibbs say the whole time he was hurt that he is a difference maker and we can't wait to get him back? Why does Greg Williams lead everybody to believe that this might be the week he plays? Why did Gibbs say at the end of the game say his packages weren't called and they didn't substitute at linebacker much? Does Lavar really have any packages? Come on! It was obvious after seeing that picture of him on the bench Sunday they had no intentions of playing him.

I have the upmost respect for Gibbs but I'm losing a little each week when him and his assistant appear to be the liars.

So if he felt he was important to the Skins, why would he sit him over something childish like a personal grudge....

Gibbs defers to Williams on D. Williams defers to position coaches. Also, both Gibbs and Williams have said they are better with LaVar on the field.

I think it is a personal grudge, but it's between LaVar and Lindsey.

Gibbs defers to Williams on D. Williams defers to position coaches. Also, both Gibbs and Williams have said they are better with LaVar on the field.

I think it is a personal grudge, but it's between LaVar and Lindsey.

:doh: the coaches have to answer to Gibbs on their deceion..... do you honesty fee a position coach could bench a player if the head oach felt the player should start?

It's Gibbs ass on the line, and he's going to o what's best for the team to win.

We're 3-1, we're atop the division (heck, at this point, we're tied for the top of the conference), and all anyone can talk about is LaVar.

That is what really pisses me off about this whole thing. I am so sick about him going on the air and only talking about why he isn't playing. John Thompson is so in love with Lavar it's starting to get real disgusting. It's like the whole team and season has taken a back seat to this cheese dick. I want us to win in KC, go 4-1 and shut this douche up.

When I first started working, my father would say, "it's not your longitude

or latitude, but your attitude that makes a difference."

I never forgot that. Give me someone with a good attitude over someone

that things they're special.

IMO, it's time LaVar shuts up and working within the team concept.

:doh: do you honesty fee a position coach could bench a player if the head oach felt the player should start?

It's Gibbs ass on the line, and he's going to o what's best for the team to win.

Yep, I do, because Williams himself has said that it's up to the position coaches to decide.

And yep again, because Gibbs has said the D is up to Williams.

It's the trickle down effect.

When I first started working, my father would say, "it's not your longitude or latitude, but your attitude that makes a difference."

I never forgot that. Give me someone with a good attitude over someone

that things they're special.

IMO, it's time LaVar shuts up and working within the team concept.

THAT I think is why LaVar is in the doghouse with Lindsey. LaVar has a My Sh1t don't stink attitude, and Lindsey's a stubborn old mule.

I certainly don't blame any athlete for talking to the media. How many ex-players are on TV or radio now? They cooperate with the media because they have aspirations to those types of jobs when they leave the game.

I also don't blame Gibbs for being upset. He never had this much scrutiny on him or ANY one of his playera during his previous tenure. The thing that probably upsets him the most is that it has become a distraction for the team and I have a bad feeling it will negatively affect the team this Sunday.

Archived