Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Joe Gibbs on NBC 4 and *livid*...

wilbur58z

Didn't Gibbs workout LaVar's contract dispute..... to make him happy, when they could have easily won an arbitration case?

So if he felt he was important to the Skins, why would he sit him over something childish like a personal grudge....

Gibbs has never lied to the fans, he doesn't air a players dirty laundry in the press, and unlike many coaches has the love and respect of almost if not all his former players.

LaVar has flipped flop more than fish out of water, has a history of silly drama, and has a list of former DC's complaining about his attitude

gee who can you believe?

Thank you Bubba for proving that there are still some posters here with common sense and over-all intellegence. I was getting very scared. :cheers:

I can't help but think of the analogy of the wild horse who soo strong and fast but unfocused and trained (disciplined). and the trainer comes alon and begins to work with the horse. people meanwhile ohh and aah at the strength and speed but don't realize that the hore for all it's ability is useless to the people becuase it's untrained.lavar is fast and strong and smart. but there's something else he lacks that bring it all together and focus it like a lazer beam.i believe that the sort of cituation we are seeing.if he will submit he will be even better.

The entire NFL world and half of this board (myself included) thought Gibbs was nuts when we traded Coles for Moss. How'd that turn out. :)

Same goes for the Brunell over Ramsey decision (again, myself included.) How is that shaping up?

I'm trying to think of a personnel decision Gibbs has made since coming back that has ultimately turned out to be horribly wrong.

This isn't like last year, where we'd be winning games IF ONLY Gibbs saw what we see. We ARE winning games. Right now.

If we start losing games, and losing them because of deficiencies in the LB corps, then maybe I'll consider second-guessing Gibbs. But right now, at 3-1 and undefeated in the division and the conference, I don't see a good reason.

This whole thing is becoming ridiculous. LaVar has become a huge distraction to the coaches. We've got a tough game coming up in 3 days and all you hear about is Arrington. He claims to be a team player but if he were, he'd STFU. We may lose the KC game because of his histrionics disrupting the team's focus on the game.

He's trying to use the press and the fans to get playing time rather than convincing the coaches that he will help the team more by playing than by sitting. I think he's out of touch with reality - see Poteet's post above. He's about one inch from being Keyshawned. Can't happen soon enough, because he's not going to change. Better to have him sitting home than sitting on the bench and ****ing about it.

I don't think there is a problem with a player talking to the media. It is how you handle yourself in those talks to the media that matters. Let's compare how Ramsey handled his demotion to how Lavar has acted about his situation. Ramsey's demotion was pretty harsh, getting pulled from the middle of a game. But, he has been nothing but class about it. He's obviously disappointed, and didn't agree with Gibbs decision, but he would accept it and move on. Basically, a team move.

Lavar, on the other hand, has been acting like the D can't live without him. He said that he doesn't understand what the coaching staff wants from him. That may be true. I can't believe that the coaching staff hasn't told him why he isn't playing, and what they want from him, particularly after Gibbs' statement.

Basically, it sounds like Lavar is using the media to get him back on the field. He knows how popular he is, and he knows that some of his fan base will bite on what he's trying to sell. I've certainly seen it here.

The thing is, you don't air your dirty laundry in public. Internal matters are just that, internal. That is what this is. This isn't usually cool with a strong coaching staff that is trying to get things done without having to vet everything with the public. It is the same thing TO was doing during the offseason, but it failed for him because he didn't understand that McNabb was more popular than he was.

You aren't going to hear from Gibbs or Williams the details of what was said to Lavar. They aren't going to play on his battlefield. Who cares what we feel about it, if they know what they are doing.

Jason

I believe that LaVar is under contract to SportsTalk 980 for his show on Mondays with John Thompson. I would love for him to break the contract and STFU to let all this craziness die down. But, if he's asked questions, he answers them to the best of his ability. If you listen to his replies, they are not of a person who is daring Gibbs/Williams/Redskins to confront him and to cause this frenzy of overeaction. When printed, the words used have a harsher tone than LaVar would want. That's why I think he should forgo his show appearances until he plays on a more regular basis.

I do think he has a warped sense of reality, but I also feel that he wants to do the right thing. The guy has a good heart, it's his mind that trips him up, on and off the field.

the only word to describe this whole thing is distraction. gibbs has a right to be mad, he obviously has talked to lavar as we saw on tape that one time, what else could they be talking about besides football? im sure gibbs isnt lying hes not one to do that, but this all needs to be thrown away and theo nly thing on the mind needs to be KC

He has a right to be livid, I mean we are after all 3-1 and Lavar can't keep his freakin' mouth shut about playing time. I said it earlier today and I'll say it again Lavar is finished here and this situation is going to end up like Meyshawn Johnson and Tampa Bay. I am sorry I was a one time Lavar fan but we are 3-1 with a tough game coming up and all Lavar is contributing is major headaches for Gibbs and GW.

:eaglesuck :gaintsuck :dallasuck

Lavar is saying much, everyone else keeps asking him? What is he suppose to say? "I'm not good enough?". The media won't leave it alone.

Still love ya # 56!!

Well, I can't put all the blame on Lavar for "opening his trap".. I mean,, reporters deluge him with questions on the subject. Maybe he's trying to be honest about it with them, and I'd think that in a situation like this, "no comment" would be just as big a problem, because that would leave the jackals to speculate.

~Bang

You are correct sir!! Someone give this guy a beer. :cheers:

Archived