Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Alexander Ovechkin

StevieInferior

Anyone see the Caos game tonight???? Looks like the Caps have found a gem. The 19 year old scores two goals and almost a third! Not to mention punding someone so hard into the boards that he dislodged the glass just 40 seconds into the game! I know it's only one game but it looks like DC finally has a home grown Superstar in the works!

I was talking with one of their trainers the other morning, and he was warning me they could be terrible this year. I'll still watch some to see our new star. If you have to rebuild, it's nice to have a young star to build around and put people in the seats (even if they are seats at home in front of the tv).

It's a rebuilding year for sure but Ovechkin looked real good. He's a European player who doesn't mind hitting and can score. I liked the enthusiasm he brought to the ice as well.

This season will be good if we finish at .500, I’m not expecting any better than that. I’ll be watching either way though. The Caps management finally seems to get the idea that this is the best way to build a hockey team after several years of throwing money around foolishly. Sounds familiar doesn’t it.

I was at the game last night and Ovechkin was dominant on almost every shift. I was surprised by how FAST he was. He gets up and down the ice at an incredible pace. he almost had a hadtrick too--on the play where he jumped out of the penalty box immdiately into a breakaway. Not to be forgotten: 3 assists by Halpern and 37 stops for Kolzig. Nice win.

This is def. a rebuilding year....I expect 20-25 wins and will be thrilled with 30. So don't be surprised if we get another phenom next year. Problem is we have no defense...giving up 37 shots??? Not good.

But I like the Caps approach...over half our team is under 25. We have some high prospects. lets see this year which ones step up and then fill then needs in FA. Probably 1-2 years from a playoff spot a little more to be competitive for the cup.

Now if we can only convince Semin to leave his mommy in Russia and we have two of the Super League's highest scorers.

I was talking with one of their trainers the other morning, and he was warning me they could be terrible this year. I'll still watch some to see our new star. If you have to rebuild, it's nice to have a young star to build around and put people in the seats (even if they are seats at home in front of the tv).

Yeah, anybody who knows anything about the Caps know that it's going to be a rough year. They have a lot of young, top talent though, and they should be fun to watch offensively. 37 SOG, or whatever it was, could be one of the easier nights Olie will see, especially with the new changes.

Ovechkin is going to be an animal. He's so good at every aspect of the game already (how many sharpshooters will forecheck a defender into the boards and knock off one of the strips holding the glass), but he's going to get much better because he has got so much to work with. And on top of that, he's got the perfect attitude for a franchise player, reminds me of a Miguel Tejada-type.

I'm glad that Crosby is getting all of the hype. Everyone in the hockey media is so obsessed with him, that Ovechkin has no pressure at all (especially being on a team that is expected to do nothing) and he can just do his thing. Crosby is almost already anointed as an All Star on a playoff caliber team, so imagine if he doesn't live up to that kind of hype.

If the Craps can finish last, or near last, and get the #1 pick, we would get this US kid who is supposed to be great too, like Crosby and Ovechkin. That would be money building a team around Alex and him.

*And Semen is a little b1tch. I wish we did more research on him and found out earlier how much of a friggin' pu$$y he is. :doh: Too bad this isn't MLB and we can't get a compensatory pick for not being able to get him to play for us (he is signed though anyways).

i doubt i'll ever watch a hockey game ever again. i don't care if its wayne ****ing gretzky jr. what a bunch of doucheloafs.

Yet you still watch football? Remember when they went on strike? The only difference is they actually finished out the season, but the sentiment was no different. But, to each his own I guess.

We're clearly rebuilding, but I can't think of anyone better to build a team around right now than Ovechkin. I don't know why Ovechkin is getting no love from the media... it's all about Crosby, but Ovechkin last year at this time was renowed to be the next superstar. I think Ovechkin will be as good if not better than Sid the Kid this year.

hockey is a waste of sportscenter

Ha, are you mental. Hockey players could beat your @$$ so hush up. Hockey is better than baseball, basketball and most other sports. They are a group of tough s.o.b's who bring it every day. Oh yeah they hit each other too.

So uh... from watching Sportscenter who else is on the team besides Ovechkin, Halpern and Kolzig? It seems like the Caps will have an awesome first line, and then blah behind that. Is Nikolishin still on the team? Does Craig Laghlin still announce games on formerly HTS?

Archived