Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who's tougher: Denver or KC? (merged)

footballhenry

Were traveling to Mile High Stadium and then to Arrowhead in back to back weeks. Two of the toughest places to play in the NFL, and playing two of the best teams in the AFC. These two weeks are going to be 'crucial' to team morale and establishing our identity. We MUST play these games 'through' our defense. I truly beleive we can have a slight chance to win one or even both games soley because of our defense.

Im gonna be screamin at the t.v. come sunday but this is a truly tough test for this team. If we can get through this two game stretch 1-1, or 2-0 obviously then well be in very good shape comin back home for the 49ers.

Out of Denver and Kansas City, which place is going to be tougher for us to win? Arrowhead or Mile High?

Invesco Field at Mile High

Seats 76,125

Air is thinner

Approx. a mile above sea level?

Arrowhead Stadium

Seats 79,451

Insane Atmosphere

Sea of Crimson Red (thats what its called right?)

My vote goes to Arrowhead because of the bye week, and the atmosphere created at the home games.

I voted Denver soley because I believe they are a superior team. KC doesn't really scare me too much. It is definately a tough place to play and all, but it appears that their defense isn't as improved as everyone was stating, and I doubt that they'll be able to run on us at all. Our secondary can contain Trent Green and their recievers too.

Denver is definately beatable, but they are playing pretty well right now. I think that we'll be able to score a few points, but the defense is gonna have to have an outstanding game in my opinion. I see the Skins winning 13-10 in another nail-biter this weekend. :2cents:

I voted Denver soley because I believe they are a superior team. KC doesn't really scare me too much. It is definately a tough place to play and all, but it appears that their defense isn't as improved as everyone was stating, and I doubt that they'll be able to run on us at all. Our secondary can contain Trent Green and their recievers too. The homer in me wants to say we'll be 2-0 coming out of that stretch, but in all honesty I see us as 1-1. Here's to hoping I'm wrong!

If we pull through 1-1, Ill be happy. I hope your not wrong too bc we have a much more realistic chance of going 0-2 rather than 2-0. I mean seriously guys, I know we all have that 'homer' in us but these are two of the best teams in the AFC in two of the toughest places in the league. I dont care if we win in the ugliest of ways, if we go in to THEIR houses and beat them....wow, I cant even express how ecstatic and even shocked ill be. I think our best chance though is to beat Denver this week, bc I think if we lose to Denver then we def have a serious shot losing at KC due to emotion, lack of energy, being away,etc. If we win in Denver then who knows how far this team can go...

I've been to Arrow Head when I use to live in Kansas. Was there when Marty was head coach and when they had Joe Montana. The fans are great and can get REALLY loud. The only other 2 major teams they have is the Royals (MLB) and the Wizards (MLS) which both suck for thier respective sport. Its a football city. That area has been dying for success since they choked numerous times in the playoffs in the early and mid 90's. But I still think we can go to KC and steal a W.

HTTR!!!

I don't see this as the toughest part of our season at all. The NFC East is the toughest division in the league right now. The AFC West is all San Diego and we play the Chargers at Fed Ex. Our NFC East games will bring us the biggest tests.

I don't see this as the toughest part of our season at all. The NFC East is the toughest division in the league right now. The AFC West is all San Diego and we play the Chargers at Fed Ex. Our NFC East games will bring us the biggest tests.

How is the AFC West all San Diego???

1st Place: Denver 3-1

2nd Place: San Diego 2-2

2nd Place: Kansas City 2-2

4th Place: Oakland 1-3

Denver has a tougher defense, which is going to make it difficult for us, because our offense is still a little shaky. But I'm actually more worried about the KC game... their offense and special teams has the potential to put up a lot of points fast, and we don't want to get in a shootout with them.

I love our defense and I am as proud of it as everyone else, but am I in the minority group of fans who was worried about Seattle marching down our throats at the end of the 2nd half in the last game -- at Fedex, no less?

I know Walt Harris and Prioleau were out, along with America's #1 Man Sean Taylor, and of course Lavar for still unknown reasons, but still.

I am not convinced yet that Denver and KC will be held to low scores. I think they are both capable, at home of course, of putting up over 20 points against us. It is no longer solely up to the defense for our Redskins.

Our offense's momentum has given itself about 25% of the responsibility in games from now on, as opposed to 10%.

What do you all think?

Call me whatever, but I think a little humble pie might help this team realize that they have been very lucky this far and they are going to have to take it to another level if they are going to consistently be competitive.

That said, both KC and Denver are tough venues. I give Den the slight edge, as there are more mental connections involved, ie: Portis returning, and 'Champ's old team'....

If we show up and play well in both these games (win or lose) then I'll have a great feeling for the remainder of the year.

Those are two crazy venues against two very solid teams. Like someone mentioned, the Chiefs just were embarrassed at home and have TWO WEEKS to stew over it. The Broncos have put together 3 very impressive wins and look like they might be a top AFC team again.

I think if we play our game we can hang with both teams and I'd love to steal one (or both)...but if we come out and play well in these conditions and lose a close game or two, I still like our chances vs. the rest of our schedule....

The key to this season is winning the division games...that is what will determine if we're a playoff team or not. If we can split our division or better, we'll find a way into the playoffs.

The fact that we're 3-0 in the conference right now is big for playoff tie-breakers too...

The Skins aren't going 16-0 this year. We are a solid 9-7 team and should make the playoffs. 10-6 if we're lucky and 8-8 if we're not. We just have play consistently, continue to improve and we will get our wins. I look at the Denver, KC, Oak., and SD games as 2-2 and we will have done what had to be done. Heck, three of those head coaches are some of the best in the business and all have talented teams.

The teams seem fairly evenly matched at this early point in the season. Both have great fan bases with loud stadiums. Denver has the "mile high" advantage while KC has probably the loudest fans in the NFL.

What game is more difficult: Donkeys or the Chefs?

Archived