Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who's tougher: Denver or KC? (merged)

footballhenry

I think that you can make valid arguments for both as being the most difficult game.

Denver is playing good football and are tough to defeat at home.

K.C. will be coming off a bye week after getting defeated by the Eagles via an improbable 18 point comeback. In addition to that, they may be getting their injured All Pro Willie Roaf back for that contest.

It's a tough stretch and how we perform will illustrate what this team is made of.

Kevin, we aren't actually playing the game. I think we can look to the next.

"You can't count your chickens before they hatch."

Ever hear that one? I'm no dilusional fan - I subscribe to the theory of maintaining an even keel and not getting too high or too low about the team that I cheer for - and that includes not getting caught up about Philly, Dallas, Giants, KC, SD, SF, OAK, TB, AZ.

The Chiefs went out and got an overrated DB in Patrick Surtain and a formerly solid Steeler LB in Kendrell Bell. Bell played well in the Steeler system. Name a linebacker that had played for Cowher that has NOT been very good there. Basically its a Jeremiah Trotter issue, they signed Bell for his stats, he went to KC and now he isnt exactly living up to his hype.

Surtain just sucks and is overrated. His signing is comparable to the Vikings getting Smoot. Everybody raved about that deal because they watched a few clips of Smoot hitting a runningback and intercepting a pass. The truth was Smoot missed more tackles than he made in run support, and frequently got burned in coverage. His interceptions generally came when they didnt really matter at all.

Denver has a good defense. They are the team to fear more.

BTW the Cheif's "powerhouse" offense? Trent isnt throwing as well, and once the Eagles shut down Holmes and Johnson and forced some turnovers they got f'd up.

Both games will be more easier with Lavar playing.

More easier, huh? Now I see why you're still a fan of Champ. :laugh:

KC will be more difficult only because they'll be coming off of a bye week. If not for that then I would say Denver because they are the better team of the two.

I think that the KC stadium is a harder place to pull a win from. In this instance I think that Denver will be the harder team to beat. I think we can pull 1-1 in these 2 games. I just hope that we beat Denver. I hate the Doncos!! Lets keep are hopes up for a good showing in each game.

Matchups are the key. I think Denver's defense might have a chance of stopping our offense - but with Bailey out, we could exploit their secondary.

I think our defense has a good chance at stopping the Denver offense.

On the other hand, while I think that our offense can probably score on the Chiefs defense... I think their offense will be the best we've seen so far.

So, I actually think the KC game will be tougher.

After going to Dallas and winning after 60 minutes of football, I know longer fear a "hostile" environment. It doesn't get any worse than that.

I do however think that Denver has a good team and this will take one hell of an effort on both sides of the ball to win.

I also believe that we will do it! :point2sky

denver is tougher. they whooped on kc at home.. but we are the other indian tribe called on a quest. for 4 rings.. dick vermeil or joe gibbs..gibbs or shanahan,,gibbs inevitable.. santana and patten vs elie and rod smith... lynch or taylor... they got the more over rated bunch in the middle, but i think our linebacker cores are one of the deepest in the nfl.. jake plummer or brunell.. plummer.. clintion or mike anderson.. hmm.. dumn question... homefield.. hmm that is going to be tough... i wish they played this game on tv. cant wait to go 4-0..

KC has showed little heart this season, esp. in the past 2 weeks. I just don't think their a good team. Just a dangerous offense.

Denver has played solid in the past two weeks and should be a good match-up. Thus the tougher game.

But the cincher, without doubt, is the fact we are playing for Denver's 1st rounder. And yes, the team and organization know this and do not want to lose. everyone wants to be vindicated in this trade. The Champ/Clinton trade also adds spice.

It's never easy to play Denver at home. There is always a chance that they may look

past us, since their next game is the Patriots at home.

We need to beat Denver...have a bet with a friend on this game.

I got a lunch riding on this too. Straight up- I can't believe we'r 7 point dogs.

Archived