Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Seattle is a Lead-Pipe Lock Because...

radagast5

This is from the files of Lies, Damned Lies, and Statistics.

Entirely arcane fact I read recently that pretty much dooms us to lose: the last 12 times the Redskins have thrown for 250+ yards in a game, their record the following week is 1-11.

Brunell's passing yards vs. Dallas: 291.

Don't know what to make of that, probably shouldn't make anything of that, but it is interesting.

The Skins haven't won consecutive games in SOOO long, I think THAT is the underlining truth in that statistic.

It's interesting though, good find :cheers:

Very true, I would like to see our record after we get a 100 yard rushing game, or our record after a 1 point win, or our record after a bye week ... I'm sure they are not good.

arent we something-0 when clinton portis rushes for 100 yards plus? sorry im not one to go into the whole stats breakdown, i prefer to believe in chance (or chaos, whichever you think is more relevant on the day) determining what will happen rather than a predetermined set of statistics. Before anyone points out i know you said the game after the game when we throw etc. I think we should just collectively cross our fingers, legs, toes, antlers (or whatever else you might have) and root for our team. Thats what supporters normally do.

I guess we should just hope that ol CP rolls up on Seattle for more than 100 yards then.

arent we something-0 when clinton portis rushes for 100 yards plus? sorry im not one to go into the whole stats breakdown, i prefer to believe in chance (or chaos, whichever you think is more relevant on the day) determining what will happen rather than a predetermined set of statistics. Before anyone points out i know you said the game after the game when we throw etc. I think we should just collectively cross our fingers, legs, toes, antlers (or whatever else you might have) and root for our team. Thats what supporters normally do.

I guess we should just hope that ol CP rolls up on Seattle for more than 100 yards then.

6-0 when Portis = 100yds.

Matter of fact, Dallas was the 1st game where Portis played and did NOT get 100 yards and we won (not counting Minny when he was out) since CP has been a Redskin.

havent we already beat enough stupid stats agianst us in just two games this year ?

Oh sure. I mentioned the stat not because it really guaranteed much of anything; I'm relatively sure it's just a weird anomaly because, other than being a generally poor team in recent years, there's really no underlying logic that would explain that stat.

I think I saw it as part of some betting information somewhere. Just thought it was an interesting stat.

Archived