Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What excuse will the press give if we get to 3-0?

chaught76

I was thinking about this and was wondering what the press will have to say about our beloved Skins if we win this weekend.

We beat Chicago and it was: they beat bad team with a rookie QB, big surprise.

We beat Dallas and it was: a miracle win, lucky, never should have happened

If we beat Seattle, who easily destroyed the Cardinals and beat a tough team in Atlanta, we have to be given some credit.

For once, I can honestly say I think we have a real shot of going 6-0 going into the Giants game.

I know, let's take it one game at a time. But, as of right now, Seattle has to be the toughest game on the schedule right now; because Denver and Kansas City look very beatable right now. San Fransico is interesting because of their recent level of play, but we will in our house, so I see this as win.

What do you guys think? Like I said, I think we have to be given credit for being a good team this season if we beat the Seahawks. :2cents:

Depends entirely on the nature of our victory against Seattle. If our offense shows some life, then the critics will start to reconsider. If its another win squeaked out by our D, then they will continue to say our offense is anemic, and at some point we will start to lose if that doesn't change.

And I really can't disagree. Time for Brunell to produce or take a seat.

Why does everyone see the Broncos and the Chiefs as such a concern? The Broncos are only as good as Jake Plummer plays. There is no way they will be able to run the ball on us, which puts the win on Jake's shoulders, and we all know how well the Broncos play when Jake Plummer has to win them the game.

Also, Kansas City is playing poorly on offense right now. Trent Green looks like a shell of his former self. Did you guys see the beating Denver game them on Monday night? Granted, their defense is better, but come on Mike Anderson rushed for 98 yards and TD against their D. What do you think CP is going to do them?

They are both good teams, and I am not looking past anyone. I think we have real shot though if the offense keeps gaining confidence and defense keeps playing well.

6-0? I cant believe people think we are gonna run the table for the next 4 games.

Seattle is nowhere near a given win this week...they have a balanced team on both sides.

Denver played very well last night on both sides and they are at home......I dont see us beating KC in Arrowhead (then again I didnt think we would beat Dallas-anything is possible)

If we can win 2 of the next 4 I'd be content....not happy but content going into the divisional matchup vs. the Giants.

I was thinking about this and was wondering what the press will have to say about our beloved Skins if we win this weekend.

We beat Chicago and it was: they beat bad team with a rookie QB, big surprise.

We beat Dallas and it was: a miracle win, lucky, never should have happened

If we beat Seattle, who easily destroyed the Cardinals and beat a tough team in Atlanta, we have to be given some credit.

For once, I can honestly say I think we have a real shot of going 6-0 going into the Giants game.

I know, let's take it one game at a time. But, as of right now, Seattle has to be the toughest game on the schedule right now; because Denver and Kansas City look very beatable right now. San Fransico is interesting because of their recent level of play, but we will in our house, so I see this as win.

What do you guys think? Like I said, I think we have to be given credit for being a good team this season if we beat the Seahawks. :2cents:

who knows, but I'm sure they will think of something...

I don't think we will have an excuse this week because everyone in their grandmother is picking us to win this game.

according to NFL.com 77% of people pick us to lose....

I think they will continuously doubt us until we are in the playoffs. We are probably never going to get the credit we deserve until we go UNDEFEATED and win the superbowl...What i dont understand is why the Bengals are gettin blown up for bein undefeated cuz it's so SURPRISING, yet we are just there....

What i dont understand is why the Bengals are gettin blown up for bein undefeated cuz it's so SURPRISING, yet we are just there....

Probably because 1. They actually put points on the board. 2. They have acquired 16 turnovers, which is unheard of. 3. It's the Bengals

Why does everyone see the Broncos and the Chiefs as such a concern? The Broncos are only as good as Jake Plummer plays. There is no way they will be able to run the ball on us, which puts the win on Jake's shoulders, and we all know how well the Broncos play when Jake Plummer has to win them the game.

Also, Kansas City is playing poorly on offense right now. Trent Green looks like a shell of his former self. Did you guys see the beating Denver game them on Monday night? Granted, their defense is better, but come on Mike Anderson rushed for 98 yards and TD against their D. What do you think CP is going to do them?

They are both good teams, and I am not looking past anyone. I think we have real shot though if the offense keeps gaining confidence and defense keeps playing well.

Did u see what happened to KC @ Denver? how unbelievably loud it got? Ya, thats why they are a concern

Did u see what happened to KC @ Denver? how unbelievably loud it got? Ya, it will be like that @ KC too. Thats why they are a concern

I'm hearing alot of this talk. What on earth makes KC at home more beatable than Seattle on the road? For that matter, Denver in Denver? Seattle is a tune up for these two REAL challenges. If we can't take care of Seattle AT HOME then we're in trouble. KC and Denver on the road will be much much tougher.

Archived