Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Patten and WR Depth

cuchip703

I haven't read anything about Patten in the papers or seen anything on the web. I thought I saw him come out of the Cowboy game holding his hamstring. Then I saw Jacobs go down again (read that he is fine). With the offense still struggling (hopefully the last 5 minutes from Monday will wake them up), does it worry anyone that we only carry 4 WR on this team, one of which can't seem to stay healthy.

I haven't read anything about Patten in the papers or seen anything on the web. I thought I saw him come out of the Cowboy game holding his hamstring. Then I saw Jacobs go down again (read that he is fine). With the offense still struggling (hopefully the last 5 minutes from Monday will wake them up), does it worry anyone that we only carry 4 WR on this team, one of which can't seem to stay healthy.

Patten leaving the field in the MNF game was reportedly due to "Cramps" so I think he is fine now.

If we had 5 wr, unless the number 5 is our primary returner, the 5th wide would be inactive anyway. So our plan to deal with an injury situation in games is to use Cooley as a WR, he lines up as a WR in about 25-30% of our plays anyway.

BTW, I know we went 4 wides at least 4 times v. Dallas (although Cooley was the 4 wide every-time). It was his skinny post that set up our first TD Monday night and last year he was the one that set up Jacobs to get that long pass versus Minnesota.

Archived