Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Where are all the "We don't need a thug like Sean Taylor" Fans at?

dahurt002

Yeah, You thought we forgot. I haven't heard any complaints about Sean YET. But in July it seemed like alot more people wanted to see him cut or traded, because he missed OTAs and his legal problems. WHERE ARE YOU HATERS AT? Don't be scared to admit it- It was a whole lot of non-sense being said about Sean before the season started. I just want to know if you feel the same now?

- BACK THEN THEY DIDN'T WANT ME, NOW I'M HOT THEY ALL ON ME- I SAID, -Mike Jones-

I dont think anyone wanted him cut from the team? I know a lot of people wanted him to grow up...and at least return Joe Gibbs calls (for starters). Listen, we all know he is a great football player...no need to bring this up. If he wouldn't have been such a distraction in the offseason...then we wouldn't have this thread. And even you can't deny all the negative attention he brought to the team. Bottom line is though..he's my favorite player and I hope he keeps tearing it up this year.

Well the way Taylor didn't return Gibbs phone calls and his brush with the law a couple times. Yeah those are causes for concern, and we as fans should still be 'cautious' with our enthusiasm for Taylor. Bottomline though, the man is a playmaker, possibly/potentially one of the best in the game, for that alone he will get a free pass through much of his career. Just as long as he performs on the field, thats just the way it goes to be honest.

I dont think anyone wanted him cut from the team? I know a lot of people wanted him to grow up...and at least return Joe Gibbs calls (for starters).

This is where I stood as well (and you can check past threads to prove it).

I only wanted him to act maturely and he has ever since he talked to Gibbs, addressed the media, and didn't miss a practice. I still think dodging the coach and skipping OTAs was wrong though.

I don't think he is someone to look up to at all.Yes he has alot of physical ability but that doesn't mean he is not a thug. If he actually did point a gun at someone for taking his ATVs (as alleged) he does need to grow up and get his priorities straight, that in conjunction with the no call back and skipping OTAs, he certainly is not my hero but I for one never said anything about him being cut.

I think this person has every single right to post this thread. You are pointing out a great observation. It doesn't matter how you all want to spin it, but people were calling for him to be cut. As a Redskin fan I support our players as long as they are wearing the burgundy and gold. They have major issues already, and we don't need a bunch of fans asking for his head like we did for Brunell last year and Ramsey this year. It's retarded, you people lose a lot of respect booing our QB's and players. Just be a little more supportive and respectful.

Sean Taylor has been relatively quiet, but that's good, we don't want our safety in the news anymore except for the bone crushing hits he keeps on putting every week. I certainly don't see people calling for his head now, he shuts everybody up.

HTTR

I dont think anyone wanted him cut from the team? I know a lot of people wanted him to grow up...and at least return Joe Gibbs calls (for starters). Listen, we all know he is a great football player...no need to bring this up. If he wouldn't have been such a distraction in the offseason...then we wouldn't have this thread. And even you can't deny all the negative attention he brought to the team. Bottom line is though..he's my favorite player and I hope he keeps tearing it up this year.

A ton of people wanted him cut. I'm way to lazy to go diggin' up the threads, but there was a lot of trade, cut, release ST non-sense going on on this board. Gregg Williams has dubbed Sean Taylor the most talented player on the team. Any dialogue to the contrary is just hate-speak.

I'm still not crazy about him blowing coverages from being overly aggressive (Terry Glen, Crayton..even getting beat by Mark Bradley)....but I got nothing against him personally.

Everyone gets beat. Roy Williams is a perennial Pro Bowler for chrissakes. Sean Taylor will soon be the top saftey in the NFL...... and he is still the youngest Redskin on the roster!

I think this person has every single right to post this thread. You are pointing out a great observation. It doesn't matter how you all want to spin it, but people were calling for him to be cut. As a Redskin fan I support our players as long as they are wearing the burgundy and gold. They have major issues already, and we don't need a bunch of fans asking for his head like we did for Brunell last year and Ramsey this year. It's retarded, you people lose a lot of respect booing our QB's and players. Just be a little more supportive and respectful.

Sean Taylor has been relatively quiet, but that's good, we don't want our safety in the news anymore except for the bone crushing hits he keeps on putting every week. I certainly don't see people calling for his head now, he shuts everybody up.

HTTR

Who's "you people"? :rolleyes:

Anyways, I posted in a ton of those threads, although I don't think I posted in the one that airborne pointed out. I still hold true to my earlier convictions. Sean Taylor SHOULD HAVE CALLED HIS COACH BACK! I don't remember calling him out to be cut. I certainly don't remember a huge number of people calling for him to be cut, or questioning his talent level. Now, there's a chance there were people calling for his head (Hell, there were so many threads, there's no way I read them all), but I think some people are just on his jock and want to try to put words in other people's mouths. He was called a thug, and if he did show up with a gun, then he is exactly that. That doesn't mean he's not capable of being a good football player though. Just not one I'd want dating my sister ;)

Now I knew I wasn't the only one who noticed it, you guys backpeddle like a cornerback when you know you were wrong, admit it, the same fans that screamed for Patrick last season, are the same fans screaming for Brunell now,(this is more understandable after the cowboys win) but my point is DON'T BE SO QUICK TO JUDGE. It was insane how many people basted Sean for something that nobody on this broad knows what happen. But FAIRWEATHER FANS do that.

I have a feeling that I'm going to have to make a "Where are all the -LaVar needs to be traded for a first round pick- haters at" soon after he is back starting again, so be careful of what you say YOU MIGHT HATE HIM TODAY, BUT YOU MIGHT LOVE HIM TOMMORROW.

Archived