Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Everyone is picking the Cowboys to win

Zguy28

I just can't believe how many folks are picking the Cowboys to win tonight.

Here's a quote from Shannon Sharpe: " In the Redskins-Cowboys game, I just don't see how the Redskins can win this game. Their quarterback position is too herky-jerky and they rely too much on Clinton Portis. They are 6-0 when Portis runs for 100 yards and 0-10 when he doesn't. That's too big a differential. I like the Cowboys."

Shannon, I got 4 words for you: Shut your cake hole!

I love Sharpes comment like

"Once the cat was in the dryer my grandmom would say "it wont be long now" " he doesnt know what hes talking about.

Clinton Portis

Santana Moss

Chris Cooley

David Patten

are all great targets for brunell tonight. GO SKINS!

Uhhhh... guys? Who would you pick? The Girls own the Skins. It's Monday Night. At Texas Stadium. Ring of Fame inductions. Brunell at QB.

If the Skins want respect, they gotta earn it. Here's a chance.

VERY well said. We just have to hope the Skins are as tired of losing to these bums as we are.

Agree MRMADD. I don't think we've given them any reason to pick us. They own us. Even the times we should've won we found a way to lose (1999 choke, SD 2001 fumble, last season hail mary) and it's at Dallas. We are an obvious underdog until we show we can beat them. I don't hate guys for picking against us. Ththat's just a part of their business. I hate the guys like Lenny that constantly dog us.

I don't know why it's surprising. Until the Redskins prove they can beat the Cowboys, the team won't get the benefit of the doubt. A win tonight would go a long way towards building some respectability.

We've sucked for a while, the Cowboys have owned us for a while. A win tonight could change the mentality around here.

First of all I would be absolutely shocked if anyone did pick the Skins tonight. Even when we had a better team, which was 5 of the last 6 years, we still couldn't beat them.

They are coming off a very good road win against one of the better teams from last year. We are coming off a home win against a team that really struggled last year and to the layman looked remarkably similar to the opening game win last year. We are going back to the QB that go us into the mess that was last season.

What bothers me is the total lack of respect most of the media gives the Skins. I just heard Peter King on the Dan Patrick show and he was giving Tampa Bay love talking about how they have such a good defense all their offense has to do is not turn the ball over and they could do some damage. The same is being said about the Bears and the Bills. Ummmm, what about the Skins? Isn't that pretty much the formula that should be applicable to the Skins?

I remember last week prior to the game people crowing about Kyle Orton and many people even predicting the Bears would beat the Skins. The Skins then win and get no credit because the Bears were so bad. Well, the Bears looked pretty good yesterday and yet I haven't seen one pundent say that maybe the Skins aren't so bad.

The Cowboys should be the average fan's pick tonight. But the average fan (and many experts) also thought that Minnesota and Arizona were the sexy picks this year.

:dallasuck :point2sky

Heres another one. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/8865480

This is making me sick. I want to see the Skins kick the crap out of Dallas!

We need touchdowns tonight and lots of them!!

What's ironic...or possibly what's evidence of sportswriters just being clueless...is that this guy on nfl.com says the following:

"The Redskins will call on Portis close to 30 times and he will get his 100-yard rushing night."

He basically goes on to say that even though Portis will get over 100 yards rushing, the Skins will still lose to the Cowboys. What he's apparently clueless about is the following stat:

When the Skins have a running back gain more than 100 yards, they have been 7-0

When the Cowboys have allowed a running back to run for more than 100 yards, they are 0-6.

So if this guy's assumption is correct and Portis will "get his 100-yard rushing night", he's saying the Skins will most likely win...not lose.

I think Portis need a minimum of 100 yards for the Skins to have a prayer. If they bottle him up the way they bottled up Tomlinson, it's gonna be lights out for Brunell.

Of course, that's gonna be Tuna's strategy: make Brunell beat them. From a Cowboy point of view, you want to take an early lead, stop the run, and then tee off on Brunell.

The Skins have no hope of staging a comeback, so they have to keep it close. The Skins defense will do their job, and Tuna will help them out by playing it conservative on offense -- he can't afford to take chances that give the Skins D a chance for a turnover or score. He wants the Skins offense to have to win it, because he knows they're fragile, can't stage a comeback, have no kicker, and are allergic to the end zone.

If the Skins can establish the run, they're in the game. They need to do that, paradoxically, by passing early. If Brunell can spread the ball around and get Cooley and Moss in the game early, it forces the Girls to play honest defense. That should open holes for Portis.

If Brunell misfires early, the Girls will stack the line and grin at Portis. Then it gets ugly.

Archived