Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Bears Game showed me Joe is on point, but maybe so was Ramseys.

boobiemiles

The Bears were monsters today. The intercepted Harrington 5 times. That's right 5 times. Nathan Vasher (who intercepted Ramsey) had 2 picks. But their secondary as a whole was like a swarm of killer bees. Their D as a whole held K. Jones to 22 yards on 8 carries, and Harrington to 196 yards on 19 for 37 passing. The Bears have a good defense. If you look at their secondary it's one of the best. Their corner are good, and Mike Brown is a hell of a safety. Urlacher can cover the flats like a blanket. They have beef up front, honestly, O-gun, T. Harris, and the rotation of Alex Brown and Mike Haynes gives them one of the best fronts in football. And with all that we still galloped for 332 yards on these guys.

Maybe our offense isn't as bad as the media says, and the Joe's genuis hasn't faded. We dominated the Bears last week. Honestly we've dominated since the Pre-season game against Carolina. But even though I have a lot of faith in Joe I can't help but wonder if he was too quick with benching Ramseys.

Joe Harrington is in his fourth year just like Ramseys. The Lions have gone out of their way to surrond him with a lot of talent. Their last three drafts have been for Wide recievers. And they got him a good running back to take some of the pressure off of him as well. I don't feel that we every tried to cuddle Ramseys the same way. Against the Bears Rams threw for 105 yards. That was in 11 attempts. Somebody brought to my attention that Rams was having a really good year in 03 before he got hurt. He was on his way to over 3500 yards 28 TD and 18 ints. How different would we as fans feel if he accomplished those stats? How different would Joe have dealt with the QB situation if Ramsey had played the whole 03 season? Ramseys hasn't played a full season yet, and I feel that he is better than his contemporaries, David Carr, Joe Harrington, and Kyle Boller. But we haven't given him the same chance as those organizations. The Bears have a good Defense, and Ramsey showed more against the Bears than Harrington. But Joe looks like he was right so far with regard to Pierce and Smoot. He's a huy that goes by his gut instincts. So if his guts are saying Bruhell then I guess I can live with that. :dallasuck

Ramsey is the best quarterback from his draft class no question, yet has been undermined more than any of his contemporaries.

No question??? I mean, it was definitely an extremely weak draft class all-around, but really, is Harrington that much worse than Ramsey? Is Carr? I don't think you can say he was the best hands-down, you can say he was top 3 though...;)

For real, though, the 2002 QB draft class may be the worst in history.

Ramsey is the best quarterback from his draft class no question, yet has been undermined more than any of his contemporaries.

What a bunch of bs. He's not the best QB based on any intelligent criterion I can think of.

If he was good, he'd be the starter right now. :doh:

Not only the bears game did you see the Chargers blow it again. Put those 2 games together and I think the Redskins can really win the game Monday night. Drew Brees doesnt look the same and he still ate up that cowgirl d. One game does not mean that your going to win the Super Bowl, that goes out to all the cowgirls. So come Monday night we are going to finally beat this stupid curse of the cowgirls and start are own winning streak.

Not only the bears game did you see the Chargers blow it again. Put those 2 games together and I think the Redskins can really win the game Monday night. Drew Brees doesnt look the same and he still ate up that cowgirl d. One game does not mean that your going to win the Super Bowl, that goes out to all the cowgirls. So come Monday night we are going to finally beat this stupid curse of the cowgirls and start are own winning streak.

Then you might as well take that 9-7 snoozer over the Bears and do you know what. Don't tell us not to get excited about a win when people are trying to tell everyone that your defense is comparable to Baltimores SB defense. Slow down. So you see it as a curse? I see it as you guys getting outplayed, and having no stability throughout the organization, not to say we've been the model of success as of late either

I think that this demonstrates what we felt Joe was thinking all along: don't throw interceptions and you can beat the Bears.

When PR calms down, I hope he can see the point that Gibbs was trying to make to him, get his head straight and not run out of town before he gets on the field for us again.

I think some teams play differently every week, especially ones that have been struggling in the past few seasons. Consistency lays in the teams that have been making the playoffs, through good drafts and consistant coaching staffs. I think the Bears are beginning to "gel", in a similar fashion that our defense has begun to gel, even through the losses of key players.

A good way to judge this game, I believe, is that we might have seen the best of the Bears today, and a consistently bad showing of the Lions. Maybe the Bears didn't play to their maximum potential last week, however our defense should be given credit for that. Their defense is good, however I think a lot of our flaws still lay in play calling. We need to threaten defenses, otherwise we are going to continue to see 8 in the box, and constant run plays when we gain the lead. That's fine with me, as long as it equals wins, but it does feel good to deliver a deep bomb once in a while. I'm not going to get too nit-picky, a wins a win.

So you see it as a curse? I see it as you guys getting outplayed, and having no stability throughout the organization, not to say we've been the model of success as of late either

As of late?

This 'curse' started with the second game of the 97 season.

From then until now we've had four head coaches (and one interim coach who coached three games). Our record's been 66-77-1.

During that same stretch, you've had four head coaches. Your record's been 60-84.

Where exactly is the amazing gap in stability and success that accounts for this lopsided series?

ok, so the 2002 QB class may have stunk...!

Yes it did. Everyone seems to think Patrick Ramsey is so great because he was a first round pick. He came from Tulane! I love the guy, personally, but I think he is just not as good as he was thought to be. Hey, some people got it, some don't. All I know is if you can't get it done with this O-Line, you never will. Who knows, maybe Brunnell will stink it up and Gibbs will have to eat crow. I'm just looking forward to Brunnell mentoring Jason Campbell for a few years and then we'll see...maybe he'll turn out like Steve Young did under Joe Montana all those years...but I digress.

:rotflmao:

I still think Brunells or Campbells are better quarterbacks than Ramseys.

:rotflmao:

That is some funny azz sh!t.......i can't helps buts laughs everytimes i reads thats.

I wish Ramseys well......all of them!!(lol).......but I hope Brunnels gets the jobs dones tonights!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

The other thing to keep in mind (forget the Ramsey part, just on the Bears) is that we broke that D down with the run. Urlacher said it himself, 'By the end of the game, whenever they wanted to run it, they did, and we couldn't stop it'.

So having watched the way their defense was *swarming* yesterday and comically picking Joey Harrington over and over, I think its clear the Skins O Line is a much bigger force than people think. This is a big game tonight, and with all the runs being called from both sidelines, it'll be over pretty quickly. If Joe can get a defensive score to put pressure on early, we may be seeing another boring, possesion-type game. But I'll take it if we can escape with a W before a zebra sees a phantom PI with the game on the line.

I wish Ramseys well......all of them!!(lol).......but I hope Brunnels gets the jobs dones tonights!

:laugh: for some reason it reminds me of the 10 commandments. ramses moses says let my people go!

i don't like brunell's game at this point. brunell's going to have take it up SEVERAL notches for making me look like an ass for thinking he could be a good qb for us.

that said, i think the playcalling is KILLING both qbs. we can't score major pts with these route combinations and run/pass distribution. joe is going to have to start taking some risks.

The best QB from the 2002 draft class is EASILY David Garrard. It's just a matter of time before some team trades for him and makes him their starter. I've read that the Jags asking price is too high, but someone will go after him eventually. He's going to be a great QB.

That is some funny azz sh!t.......i can't helps buts laughs everytimes i reads thats.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

That reminds me.. Kids do not smoke crack.

As of late?

This 'curse' started with the second game of the 97 season.

From then until now we've had four head coaches (and one interim coach who coached three games). Our record's been 66-77-1.

During that same stretch, you've had four head coaches. Your record's been 60-84.

Where exactly is the amazing gap in stability and success that accounts for this lopsided series?

We are waiting Billy Buttocks. :D

Archived