Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Terry Bradshaw article on Fox sports

Gibbsfan713

Well, for this week at least I'd bet the farm the Campbell will be the 3rd QB which means he can't play unless both Brunell and Ramsey are injured.

I am reasonably certain that it doesn't work quite that way.

The emergency QB can go in at any time, but if he goes in before the 4th quarter, the 1 and 2 QB's cannot return to the game.

I wonder if we will see Campbell and Ramsey standing together on the sidelines all chummy like we have seen Ramsey and Brunell doing? Brunell demonstrating with live bullets flying and Ramsey giving commentary; Campbell should ramp-up fairly quickly.

For that matter wonder if Brunell and Campbell compared notes on the sideline when Ramsey was at the helm.

Joe Ferguson started in Buffalo in the 1970s when they had an offensive line called the Electric Company with a runner like O.J. Simpson. All Ferguson did was simply manage the ship. He didn't do anything spectacular in the beginning,

Yep and this is exactly what Brunell will do and imo do it better then a rookie.. Still his point is kind of valid. Ramsey's done, Brunell is a short timer, why not give our future a look?

I think he has a point, but I also think Gibbs has a point in grooming the guy. I'm sure he's getting special attention and learning the intricacies of Gibbs offense as well as NFL defenses.

If Campbell wasn't getting a bunch of grooming before, he most certainly is now...with the quickness.:movefast:

FOXSports.com - NFL on FOX Insiders- Redskins should go with rookie QB now

Let's be honest, the Redskins are going to run Clinton Portis (121 yards vs. the Bears) anyway. That's their offense right now. J

This is the key to this article. This is why I Brunell is in. The offense will center around the run. The QB situation stinks, and since the offense is based around running, you don't want a QB in there that will take chances when he does get the opportunity to throw. That's why Brunell is in, and Campbell and Ramsey are on the bench. I'm not trying to start the Ramsey/Brunell debate part 1,000,000. , just my 2 cents.

You are all forgeting that the majority of Extremeskins posters have unequivocably decided that "Campbell isnt ready" based on the few series he had in preseason. He made a few mistakes as well as a some good plays which indicated to them that he isnt ready to play this year or maybe next.

The mistakes that Ramsey made however in Game 1 are no indication of his readiness and are to be dismissed.

I agree with Bradshaw that he couldnt be any worse than Ramsey.

Aside from the fact I disagree and say that he needs to play a few games before his readiness could be determined I ask how is he going to become more ready as a 3rd string inactive player on the sideline. He might learn the offense but he is not going to become any better as a NFL QB.

I say give him one or two games and see what he can do at least.

However, I think we need to give Brunell a couple weeks to see what he's got left in the tank.

If he plays another week like those last year I'd say that one week is enough. No need to put a string of 7-9 bad games together again just to see how many we can win when we score an avg of 10 points. The 2000 Ravens and the 85 Bears would have gone 6-10 or worse with Brunell of 2004 at the helm for 16 games.

Here's the thing if you are a Washington Redskins fan. I've seen Patrick Ramsey and Mark Brunell. And I know they are good people and that Ramsey hurt his neck on Sunday against the Bears. But doggone, there comes a time when you make a change at quarterback

Coach Joe Gibbs made Jason Campbell a first-round draft pick. I watched Campbell play a lot at Auburn. I think he's a gamer and he throws very well. I mean, Campbell can go 6-for-11 passing if that's what Gibbs' plan is for his offense. Those were Ramsey's stats.

I would be playing him. If he's worthy of being a first-round pick, then you must think he has some talent. I'd just put him in there. I swear I would. I simply don't see anything great from Washington's other two quarterbacks. I don't see any difference-makers at quarterback. Why not start the rookie?

Let's be honest, the Redskins are going to run Clinton Portis (121 yards vs. the Bears) anyway. That's their offense right now. Joe Ferguson started in Buffalo in the 1970s when they had an offensive line called the Electric Company with a runner like O.J. Simpson. All Ferguson did was simply manage the ship. He didn't do anything spectacular in the beginning, but he got all that experience. They are going to run the football. You don't need Peyton Manning back there from what the Redskins are trying to do on offense.

I'm waiting for the Joe Gibbs offense that I loved more than 15 years ago. I know Gibbs still has it. I'm not one of those people saying the game or time has passed Joe by. He's too smart for that. I just don't think he has the people to pull the trigger. That's what it appears like. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's how I feel. Believe me, I think any coach can tell when a guy has "it." You know what, we've been waiting for "it" to pop up for awhile. Maybe Campbell has "it." I loved him in college. So why doesn't Joe find out? You never know. The Redskins' quarterback could be sitting on the sideline right now.

:rubeyes:

Here's the thing if you are a Washington Redskins fan. I've seen Patrick Ramsey and Mark Brunell. And I know they are good people and that Ramsey hurt his neck on Sunday against the Bears. But doggone, there comes a time when you make a change at quarterback

Coach Joe Gibbs made Jason Campbell a first-round draft pick. I watched Campbell play a lot at Auburn. I think he's a gamer and he throws very well. I mean, Campbell can go 6-for-11 passing if that's what Gibbs' plan is for his offense. Those were Ramsey's stats.

I would be playing him. If he's worthy of being a first-round pick, then you must think he has some talent. I'd just put him in there. I swear I would. I simply don't see anything great from Washington's other two quarterbacks. I don't see any difference-makers at quarterback. Why not start the rookie?

Let's be honest, the Redskins are going to run Clinton Portis (121 yards vs. the Bears) anyway. That's their offense right now. Joe Ferguson started in Buffalo in the 1970s when they had an offensive line called the Electric Company with a runner like O.J. Simpson. All Ferguson did was simply manage the ship. He didn't do anything spectacular in the beginning, but he got all that experience. They are going to run the football. You don't need Peyton Manning back there from what the Redskins are trying to do on offense.

I'm waiting for the Joe Gibbs offense that I loved more than 15 years ago. I know Gibbs still has it. I'm not one of those people saying the game or time has passed Joe by. He's too smart for that. I just don't think he has the people to pull the trigger. That's what it appears like. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's how I feel. Believe me, I think any coach can tell when a guy has "it." You know what, we've been waiting for "it" to pop up for awhile. Maybe Campbell has "it." I loved him in college. So why doesn't Joe find out? You never know. The Redskins' quarterback could be sitting on the sideline right now.

Honestly Terry if you want to know how much Campbell "has it" right now just take a look at the last preseason game of his against the Ravens scrubs and come back to me. ;)

Honestly Terry if you want to know how much Campbell "has it" right now just take a look at the last preseason game of his against the Ravens scrubs and come back to me. ;)

Greek, take a look at the preseason numbers if you find those important

Ramsey 30/51 418yds 2 TD 4 INT

Campbell 17/37 243yds 1 TD 3 INT

Before you say, "But Campbell was playing against scrubs" remember he was playing with them too. They dropped passes, dropped touchdown passes.

I dont think you can determine from preseason that Ramsey is any better.

By all means he was not perfect, but cmon, if he can at least equal Ramsey as a rookie then where will he be when given a chance to get some experience?

Archived