Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Louis Farrakhan: Levees Were 'Blown Up'

Thiebear

Guest sith lord
You don't do a terribly good job of arguing with those of us that are older than drinking age, either.

Man, am I glad I finally ready this thread! In the words of Monty Python... You're a loony.

You don't either. At least I speak from logic, common sense and facts. What do you speak from? Statistics?

You don't either. At least I speak from logic, common sense and facts. What do you speak from? Statistics?

Man, your logic is convoluted, your "common sense" is common only to you (which by definition makes it uncommon), and your facts are carefully selected.

There's nothing wrong with having a bias, as long as you're up front about it. But the word games you play do not contribute much to an intelligent discussion, your refusal to acknowledge a common use of the word "discovered" being a prime example.

edit: My bad, the "discovered" example belongs to someone else. I'd be very interested in the facts, logic and common sense you use to come to the conclusion that man has not stepped foot on the moon.

Guest sith lord
Man, your logic is convoluted, your "common sense" is common only to you (which by definition makes it uncommon), and your facts are carefully selected.edit: My bad, the "discovered" example belongs to someone else. I'd be very interested in the facts, logic and common sense you use to come to the conclusion that man has not stepped foot on the moon.

What's common sense and logic to me would be totally misunderstood by you. I strongly believe that this moon landing was created just to say, "we beat the Russians" to the moon. Since you nor I were their, they could tell us anything. And for everybody that has proof that man has stepped foot on the moon, their is proof that man didn't step foot on the moon. And if we did, and who knows, maybe we did, then why does Bush want to go back their?

What's common sense and logic to me would be totally misunderstood by you. I strongly believe that this moon landing was created just to say, "we beat the Russians" to the moon. Since me nor you were there, they could tell us anything. And for everybody that has proof that man has stepped foot on the moon, they're is proof that man didn't step foot on the moon. And if we did, and who knows, maybe we did, then why does Bush want to go back their?

Their, There, They're......study them along with some good old fashioned history.

pssst (not to knit-pick, but...it's "Since you nor I"

Guest sith lord
Their, There, They're......study them along with some good old fashioned history.

pssst (not to knit-pick, but...it's "Since you nor I"

I changed it.

I haven't read the whole thread, but it wouldn't surprise me if somebody has jumped on this and stated "you know....you guys immediately discredit this, just because Crazy Louie made the statement. You won't even give it a chance. Maybe there actually WAS a crater out there. Maybe they actually DID blow up the levee. Why are you guys so quick to discredit things like this..." :laugh:

Guest sith lord
Why would Bush want to go [back] to the moon? Scientific exploration would be my guess.

But I consider it a small sign of progress that you went from "man has not stepped foot on the moon" to "maybe we didn't and maybe we did."

Any conspiracy theory is always a belief/opinion. The moon is said to be a rock, how much more scientific exploration do you need?

Any conspiracy theory is always a belief/opinion. The moon is said to be a rock, how much more scientific exploration do you need?

My understanding is that NASA says they need a base station on the moon in order for us to launch a manned mission to Mars (from the moon). Not sure what the specific scientific reasonsing behind that is, but I've heard this several times.

Actually, if you'd like to drop a quarter into Larry's Space Colinization Jukebox, I'll be happy to give you what I consider to be an excellant reason for a permanent lunar base. (The short version is, because it can get us complete energy independance, zero polution, and a positive balance of trade.)

Not that I believed it, actually I cant imagine the look on my face when I heard it, but someone I rely on for a considerable amount of my business told me this last week and was completely serious.

For the sake of my future income (I'm in sales, the person who told me is a big client) I had to pretend to be astonished and not laugh at his theory.

He said that the levee's were purposely destroyed to SAVE the French Quarter (as NO and the state of LA depends so heavily on the FQ for it's economic contribution). I was told that it had to flood the poverty ridden areas so that the FQ would not flood and investors were hoping to destroy the poor sections and drive out the state's welfare recipients in hopes of rebuilding a stronger and much more middle class environment.

Not that I believed it, actually I cant imagine the look on my face when I heard it, but someone I rely on for a considerable amount of my business told me this last week and was completely serious.

For the sake of my future income (I'm in sales, the person who told me is a big client) I had to pretend to be astonished and not laugh at his theory.

He said that the levee's were purposely destroyed to SAVE the French Quarter (as NO and the state of LA depends so heavily on the FQ for it's economic contribution). I was told that it had to flood the poverty ridden areas so that the FQ would not flood and investors were hoping to destroy the poor sections and drive out the state's welfare recipients in hopes of rebuilding a stronger and much more middle class environment.

:laugh:

That's the first I've heard about this one, but I suspect in the next few months we'll be seeing a bunch of sites proposing this.

I read some of what was on that site. Hell, maybe they dd land on the moon, I just am not sure that they did. I've seen websites and documentaries that rebuttle there arguments. So who really knows?

I know.

Why are you not sure?

What web sites and documentaries?

There is no maybe about it. We landed on the moon. Science backs it up.

There is not one single piece of evedince to the contrary. Not one.

:logo:

Damn Calvert County :doh: :laugh:

Guest sith lord
Have 'em take sith lord with 'em.

Then I would probably be the first on the moon. You really believe everything your government tells you. Don't you?

And you believe eveything a someone trying to sell you a book or DVD is telling you?

And what piece of evidence do you use to say we never went to the moon?

Please let us all in on the secret.

And "I don't believe everything the goverment says" doesn't cut it.

Back it up.

:logo:

Archived