Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

explain something to me brunell bledsoe

bluegrizzlies1

It's because of how MB looked last year which was HORRIBLE.

The whole "last year" argument is getting a little weak now. Alot of things have changed since then. (personnel, playcalling, formations) Right now Brunell is the starting QB for a team he led to 3 scoring drives. Half of the teams in the league or 0-1. Were in the half thats 1-0. It could be worse. Enjoy the positives.

The whole "last year" argument is getting a little weak now. Alot of things have changed since then. (personnel, playcalling, formations)

I understand that. I was just answering the question as to why alot of people seem to think "the sky is falling" since MB is starting.

I dont agree with it at all.

Last year and the fact that he hasn't been taking all the reps in practice. . .

Brunell said that the toughest part of being the backup during the regular season is running so few plays practicing with the first team offense. "Those plays that we have in our game plan, you don't practice those," he said. "The starter gets the reps here. You may get one or two a day, but you're doing things that you just did not practice."

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=114192

Bledsuck threw 3TDs and beat a playoff team on the road. We didn't score a TD againt one of the worst 4 teams in the league.

I get it, but we really don't know who is good this year and who isn't. I know that's lame response, but how weak is that argument if the Bears go 10-6 or end up with the number 1 defense or something?

The bottom line is this:

Brunell led three scoring drives in a conservative gameplan in order to beat a good defensive team. He protected the ball and helped us to a 10 minute advantage in TOP. I'm happy with his performance. I'd have loved a TD or two, but on the game winning drive (sounds good doesn't it?) we had first and goal and ran a couple times, so I'm not going to hold the result of that drive entirely against him.

I don't think anyone thinks that three drives leading to field goal attempts is going to get it done this week' date=' particularly with a kicker off the street.[/quote']

Agreed. But maybe we'll be calling some more aggressive plays since we won't be playing an offense incapable of scoring against our D unless we hand them a TO.

heres the difference..bledsoe can throw the ball 30 yards in the air..mb cant

Lets not be ridiculous now. Were you not watching the preseason when he threw 2 bombs in one game to A. Brown? It doesnt matter what unit you are playing against... putting the ball in the air is putting the ball in the air. All you Brunell haters can have at him if he fails against Dallas. However, is there going to be crow small enough to fit in your mouth if he beats Dallas?

Lets not be ridiculous now. Were you not watching the preseason when he threw 2 bombs in one game to A. Brown? It doesnt matter what unit you are playing against... putting the ball in the air is putting the ball in the air. All you Brunell haters can have at him if he fails against Dallas. However, is there going to be crow small enough to fit in your mouth if he beats Dallas?

Very Well put... Can we stop judging him until after the game Monday night. If he goes 16-24 for 200+ yards in a victory while Bledsoe goes for about 140 will you come on the board and say..."whoops". Its playcalling that does it. Brunells 70 yards were because Gibbs chose to run it down their throats. He won't have that luxury against Dallas as their 0 is significantly better than Chicago's. I don't forsee 10 WR Screens against this team. What I truly hope is that they load 8 in the box (like all of you Brunell haters are saying) to stop Portis and god forbid Moss gets a couple of steps on a DB (like he has done all preseason and in game 1). As much as I called for his head last year Brunell has done nothing this year to disuade me from believing that he is a better QB than he was last.

Its because we (Redskin Fans) seek greatness and we have no patience for anything that prolongs it, we all have the mentality of Now or Never, everyone from me to you to Mr. Synder. I just got a new member of this club you guys know him as Coach Gibbs he lost his patience too, and identified that on Monday and thats the first step to recovery. We've all gone MMAADD

It's because in one of his three "scoring drives" against the Bears, Brunell contributed absolutely nothing to it...he didn't complete a single pass...

It's because in three quarters of play he only got the Skins inside the red zone once...and the Skins needed to go for it on 4th down to do it. If you're scoring from 30 yards out that's fine...but the Skins weren't doing that.

It's because he only generated 70 yards of passing offense in three quarters...and we're already having to break out the excuses for that fact ("we didn't have to score a lot to beat the Bears"...)

And it's because his play last season was nothing short of abysmal...and it was abysmal on a consistent basis, not just a game here or there. It takes a LOT to wash that taste out of your mouth as a Skins fan. Preseason success against back ups and 3 quarters of 70 yards passing and no TDs isn't enough.

The Cowboys were coming from way behind and then in a battle. Big difference in play calling in that situation.

The Cowboys were never "way behind" -- their biggest deficit was seven points, once in the first half and for a few minutes early in the third quarter (the Chargers went up 21-14, and the Cowboys re-tied it on their next possession). Dallas was down 24-21 before the winning touchdown.

But to answer the original question, exactly who is saying "everything is great" because Dallas has Bledsoe? All we Cowboys fans have heard all offseason is how washed up and immobile Bledsoe is.

Archived