Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Week 2 Power Rankings

33Cowboysfan

5 (3) Eagles 0-1-0 The Eagles obviously missed Jeremiah Trotter, but this loss was more about the offense than the loss of Trotter

8 (19) Cowboys 1-0-0 It's just one week, but Cowboys fans (and Bill Parcells) have to be pretty excited about the start of the Drew Bledsoe era.

17 (25) Giants 1-0-0 There was a lot of buzz around Brandon Jacobs in the preseason and based on Week 1, he looks worthy of it.

26 (26) Redskins 1-0-0 Didn't take long for the quarterback shuffle to start in Washington.

:doh:

Huh and here I was lead to believe the Redskins were dominate this past weekend... :laugh:

Enjoy it while you can. As I'm sure you know things have a way changing swiftly in the NFL.

Enjoy what, the excuses and exaggerations coming out of this board. I will… I have given up hope that those things will change though. If you were talking about the Power Rankings, I am sure they will change. But that wasn't really my point. My point was many of you had said you dominated on Sunday, yet the "experts" don't agree...

Please tell me why?

Enjoy what, the excuses and exaggerations coming out of this board. I will… I have given up hope that those things will change though. If you were talking about the Power Rankings, I am sure they will change. But that wasn't really my point. My point was many of you had said you dominated on Sunday, yet the "experts" don't agree...

Please tell me why?

Hmmm..You were laughing, but not enjoying, okay.

As far as being "dominant" the defense was just that. Most folks here expected that, but who has said our offense dominated? Talk about exaggeration..

I'm not sure what you think you saw, perhaps it was Joe Theismann, one of the so-called experts, picking the Redskins in the Super Bowl. Who knows?

I love the Redskins and have loved them for years, but there's something I have to say. The Redskins played like crap on Sunday and it's a darn good thing we played the Bears and not a team with talent. Had we been playing any other team (especially in our division) we would have gotten creamed. You can't win in the NFC East without a single touchdown. Defense did their job by keeping the Bears from winning, but they also failed in terms of getting to the quarterback and forcing more turnovers. I think we have a lot of work to do this week before we talk any smack to the Dallas fans. Stop fooling yourselves. A 9-7 win over the hapless Bears should have LOWERED our power ranking. The only reason we're not 32 on that list is that the defense kept us in the game. Better bring more than that if you're going to beat Dallas IN Dallas on Monday night.

Please tell me why?

Where did they say that?

Just because ONE man who didn't tune in ranks us at 26 doesn't mean we didn't hold a team to 150 yards while gaining 350 ourselves....

I wouldn't equate "experts" with "author of Power Rankings" just yet...

The Cowboys are #8 - as in the guy who isn't coming back to play for them any time soon. (Probably because LaVar killed him). Do you think Gregg Williams is going to let Drew Bledsoe (who might be the least mobile QB in football) stand there and pick apart his top-ranked defense? Not hardly.

As for the Redskins being #26 - that's fitting. Get used to the number 26 - you'll see plenty of that number all night long.

The Dallas game worried me in the sense that Bledsoe had a near flawless game and it was still close. I was impressed with the D overall, but they gave up too many big plays. GREAT goal line stand at the end. I was sweating bullets. Glad Gates wasn't playing in that situation. I wonder why SD did not try to run it? When you got Tomlison it's pretty dumb not to try him. They had timeouts.

Anthony Henry gets my props, and Demarcus was Oh so close on a few near sacks. I'm not gonna pronounce us superbowl bound, but an over all good win on he road against a probable play-off team.

Man - ouch - this really hurts when you run your dumb mouth then have to stop for just a few minutes to cram down all that crow.

Sorry buddy, I realize you will never post here again, but this really hurts the ol' pride.

Chalk 1 up for the good guys!

14-13, against all odds, we took it to 'em.

Archived