Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Props it DeAngelo Hall

fuji869

I was about to make a thread about DeAngello Hall. I was going to call it "DeAngelo: The Man!"

I'm a big DeAngelo fan after tonight. Sure T.O. racked up alot of yards, but DeAngello did play well. He blanketed T.O. for the most part, and he was right there when it was crunch time.

Hall is going to be Pro Bowler in this league. He'll only get better from here on out. And tonight, he played like the 1st round draft pick they drafted him to be.

If you remember only a couple years ago the Falcons couldn't stop the pass to save their lives. Now with Hall there, they managed to keep the Eagles at bay.

I now expect to see Hall in the Pro Bowl. He may deserve it at the end of the season or he may not.

People like Madden have a RIDICULOUS amount of sway with Pro Bowl voters - fans and players alike. He's the reason Larry Allen makes it in every season over more deserving players. For whatever reason, he has these games where he just focuses on a player and talks him up regardless of what is actually happening on the field. Remember this thread next Monday when we are playing Dallas. He'll wait until Larry Allen has a play where he buries someone and he'll have the crew replay it 50 times. Then he'll talk about how great Allen is and how he's still great even though he's not the player he was before blah blah blah.

Hall had a pretty good game. Nothing more. But Owens could have had 200 yards receiving had McNabb not been bouncing balls at his feet. That's not Hall's problem and he did well for a player who was in man on him pretty much the entire game. But he still caught a lot of balls for a lot of yards with the aid of a great pass rush and it could have been much more for the reasons I mentioned.

It's just a shame that this blubbering old fool goes off on these rants and people buy it as gospel.

I now expect to see Hall in the Pro Bowl. He may deserve it at the end of the season or he may not.

People like Madden have a RIDICULOUS amount of sway with Pro Bowl voters - fans and players alike. He's the reason Larry Allen makes it in every season over more deserving players. For whatever reason, he has these games where he just focuses on a player and talks him up regardless of what is actually happening on the field. Remember this thread next Monday when we are playing Dallas. He'll wait until Larry Allen has a play where he buries someone and he'll have the crew replay it 50 times. Then he'll talk about how great Allen is and how he's still great even though he's not the player he was before blah blah blah.

Hall had a pretty good game. Nothing more. But Owens could have had 200 yards receiving had McNabb not been bouncing balls at his feet. That's not Hall's problem and he did well for a player who was in man on him pretty much the entire game. But he still caught a lot of balls for a lot of yards with the aid of a great pass rush and it could have been much more for the reasons I mentioned.

It's just a shame that this blubbering old fool goes off on these rants and people buy it as gospel.

And the Sport Center Highlites will be showing the clips of him playing one on one against TO, to aid their D.Hall campaign. Its the same they hyped Trotter into the Pro Bowl after what, 9 games and 6 starts last year? I hope Griffin or Springs can get some of that next Monday.

If TO gets one on one, he usually wins. McNabb was flustered all night by the rush...it wasn't the db...

I agree.

Hall will be a good player in the league, but I think he's a punk. Every team has theirs (certainly Owens is one of them, as are a few other Eagles players), but something about Hall's attitude rubs me the wrong way. I was trying to focus on Owens even when McNabb didn't throw to him last night, being at the game, and I thought Owens got tons of separation on most intermediate routes. Hall didn't give up the big play, so he deserves credit, but if McNabb performs normally, Owens could have had 10-13 rec for 150-200 yards.

I agree.

Hall will be a good player in the league, but I think he's a punk. Every team has theirs (certainly Owens is one of them, as are a few other Eagles players), but something about Hall's attitude rubs me the wrong way. I was trying to focus on Owens even when McNabb didn't throw to him last night, being at the game, and I thought Owens got tons of separation on most intermediate routes. Hall didn't give up the big play, so he deserves credit, but if McNabb performs normally, Owens could have had 10-13 rec for 150-200 yards.

I agree with your agreement. Personally, I am not the Owens hater that most everyone else is. Of course Owens has his faults, but you have to admit some things. Number one, he has no off-the-field problems. Number two, he doesn't get involved with altercations with players from the other team. During the whole game, Hall was talking a whole bunch of trash and Owens just walked away.

At least when Sean Taylor ran his mouth and forearmed Owens, he was also doing his job. From what I saw last night, Hall didn't do crap. Just a ****y, trash-talking punk.

Now if Owens could learn not to get involved in stupid conflicts with his own teammates. :laugh:

DLo, Dlo, you just can't keep your mouth shut can you?

Nice guy, has loads and loads of speed and one of the best tackling CB's I have ever seen play.

But, and based on what several VT football players told me while I was in college, the guy is an idiot and doesn't know when to shut his mouth.

He is only 21 though, so maybe he will mature. However while he is a Hokie, he is one of the more overrated CB's I have ever seen come out of a draft.

What a joke... Hall should have ejected before the game just like Trotter.

How can you rip someone's helmet off and slam it to the ground without getting ejected? It's possible that the refs didn't notice, but still the NFL should fine him.

:applause: TimFolk,

Why waite till 06 to start Campbell, Dallas' defence is scketchy there's a by week the following week Seattle is sketchy at best, Denver doesn't have a defense and KS's is moderate and SF is still trying to figure out there D. So why waite? Nah....don't give me that rookie stuff Rothlesburger and he won with exactly what we have a good "D" and a tailback and 10-15 passes a game....Brunells only gonna give 10 yds a pass anyway. So again I ask why waite?

D-hall gave TO all the short yards he wanted. Which is not what the Eagles had in mind and it hurt their offense big time. They struggled to move the ball at all downfield because the Falcons and D-Hall took away the big play aspect from the Eagles playbook and forced them to rely entirely on long lasting drives to move the ball. Against that front 7 the Eagles couldn't keep drives alive and the Flacons won the ballgame.

Although I still say that had Trotter been in the game it wouldn't have been as easy for the Falcons. They ran the ball through the hole Trotter normally would have sealed all night long. What a difference a player makes, it's amazing to me the Eagles won't pay this guy. He may be no good somewhere else but he changes the Eagles defense single handedly.

What's up with all the VT hate on this board anyway? Seem like every year any player from VT picked high in the draft is dubbed a bust around here. K-Jones looks good and so does D-hall. Can the hate!

Hall did the job in stifling the Eagles offense and TO. Owens's yards and catches came off of quick read routes and RAC. Everytime they tried Hall down the field, Owens was BLANKETED. 7/19 is not a good percentage of passes caught, especially for TO who last year caught 60.6% of the passes thrown his way. Hall will be a premeir player in the NFL. I just wish they would let this man return some kicks! But I suppose with Rossum there really is no need.

D-hall gave TO all the short yards he wanted. Which is not what the Eagles had in mind and it hurt their offense big time. They struggled to move the ball at all downfield because the Falcons and D-Hall took away the big play aspect from the Eagles playbook and forced them to rely entirely on long lasting drives to move the ball. Against that front 7 the Eagles couldn't keep drives alive and the Flacons won the ballgame.

Although I still say that had Trotter been in the game it wouldn't have been as easy for the Falcons. They ran the ball through the hole Trotter normally would have sealed all night long. What a difference a player makes, it's amazing to me the Eagles won't pay this guy. He may be no good somewhere else but he changes the Eagles defense single handedly.

What's up with all the VT hate on this board anyway? Seem like every year any player from VT picked high in the draft is dubbed a bust around here. K-Jones looks good and so does D-hall. Can the hate!

The Eagles signed Trotter to a 5 year deal this offseason Destino. I agree with you about his impact.

... one of the best tackling CB's I have ever seen play...

Are you sure about that? When I was watching, TO ran past him every time he caught the ball in front of Hall.

He'll be a solid CB though. I thought he did ok, but as someone else mentioned, it was a "bend, not break" coverage. They were okay with giving up half a dozen 15 yard gains as long as he didn't make the big play. Madden pimped Hall out to be the second coming of Deion and Darrell though, he must've thought he was related to Favre, or something.

Archived