Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Roger Federer

mhd24

Why doesn't get more love in the states? Is it strictly a nationalist thing? Roddick (who is an incredibly inferior and overrated player) has all of these commercials, and I've never seen a Federer commercial. Federer is the most talented player to ever come into the game. He'll win his 6th grand slam tomorrow. Just seems quite odd to me. Does anyone actually like Roddick's style of play? Hewitt plays with fire and tenacity. Gasquet already has the 2nd best backhand in tennis. Roddick is a boring player to watch since he has a horrid backhand, akward at best movement, and poor net skills. Just don't understand the apathy towards Federer.

I don't follow tennis much, but I think it has to do with his lack of personality. He seems so stiff on and off the court. Plus he has girly hair! Roddick has a little more flash. I personally would rather cheer for James Blake than Roddick, Roddick seems like he's become a real pr1ck in the last 2 years or so. I think banging Mandy Moore got to his head, now apparently he's knocking up Sharapova.

GO ANDRE!!

*Edit: Plus, it doesn't help that there isn't an American who's stepped up and challenged Federer either. I think he'd get a lot more respect if Roddick could actually hold his jock. But whenever the 2 of them play, no one cares because they know it's going to be a massacre.

Federer probably has some commercial in Sweeden. It's all about who's more marketable. It applies to every sport. Marvin Harrison is the league's best WR, but you don't see him in commercials. Tim Duncan is the NBA's best player, but he doesn't get nearly as much money for advertisements as Lebron does.

Should be a good match tommorow between Federer and Agassi. Always good to see an American in the final. I bet this ladies match tonight is getting horrible ratings. CBS is probably mad that they have to air it.

Roddick sucks....i can't believe we're looking to him to fill the void left by Sampras/Agassi.

Go Agassi!!

I agree 100%. I don't think much separates Roddick from the other young Americans. Ginepri, Blake, Dent, and Roddick are all pretty much on the same level. Hopefully someone really good comes along or we're not going to have many Americans winning grand slams.

This kid Scoville Jenkins is supposed to be a big time prospect. Donald Young is supposed to be another prospect.

Federer probably has some commercial in Sweeden. It's all about who's more marketable. It applies to every sport. Marvin Harrison is the league's best WR, but you don't see him in commercials. Tim Duncan is the NBA's best player, but he doesn't get nearly as much money for advertisements as Lebron does.

Should be a good match tommorow between Federer and Agassi. Always good to see an American in the final. I bet this ladies match tonight is getting horrible ratings. CBS is probably mad that they have to air it.

Won't matter tomorrow. Andre played horrible today. He was lucky Genepri played worse. Aside from the 5th set, the tennis was painfull to watch. Roger and Lleyton was the true final of this tournament. Roger easily wins tomorrow.

I agree 100%. I don't think much separates Roddick from the other young Americans. Ginepri, Blake, Dent, and Roddick are all pretty much on the same level. Hopefully someone really good comes along or we're not going to have many Americans winning grand slams.

This kid Scoville Jenkins is supposed to be a big time prospect. Donald Young is supposed to be another prospect.

The next best young player is Gasquet from France. His backhand is picture perfect. He has an all-court game. He'll be knocking on the top 5 by this time next year. The americans play a dreadfull game to watch. Not any of the young players have touch around the net. If he could get into better shape, Taylor Dent is the best young talent. He is a classic serve and volleyer. None of the americans show any fight like Hewitt. Hewitt maximizes his abilities. If Federer were not around, Lleyton would probably have 3-4 more slams.

I don't follow tennis much, but I think it has to do with his lack of personality. He seems so stiff on and off the court. Plus he has girly hair! Roddick has a little more flash. I personally would rather cheer for James Blake than Roddick, Roddick seems like he's become a real pr1ck in the last 2 years or so. I think banging Mandy Moore got to his head, now apparently he's knocking up Sharapova.

GO ANDRE!!

*Edit: Plus, it doesn't help that there isn't an American who's stepped up and challenged Federer either. I think he'd get a lot more respect if Roddick could actually hold his jock. But whenever the 2 of them play, no one cares because they know it's going to be a massacre.

The problem is that Roddick is a true idiot on the court. His backhand is awfull. It is nowhere close to Federer, Hewitt, Safin, or Gasquet. I's say his backhand is around a a 50th ranked player's level. Roddick has awfull footwork, dreadfull strategy, and no touch. He wins with power. If someone can negate that power with a solid return strategy, he can't do anything to counter it. He was given the us open title when he won it. The USTA allowed him to get an extra day off, while they forced Juan Carlos Ferrero to play four straight days to keep the final on a sunday. It doesn't help that the powers that be always try to get an american as far as possible. They had Safin, Hewitt, and Federer on one half of the draw. (Safin pulled out cause of injury), while every single american was on the other side. It's blatant cheating and favoritism. If those three are healthy, they are easily the top 3 favs to win the entire event.

Guest sith lord

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Roddick is all serve and nothing else. Federer on the other hand, when all said and done, is gonna go down as the greatest tennis player in history.

Roger just doesn't have that superstar mentality. He doesn't do may ads and hes very soft spoken. Hes a stand-up type of guy, very respectful.

As far as tennis goes the guy is amazing. His footwork is incredible. The guy never miss-hits, he's got all the shots, and some-how he gets to every ball. Match his anticipation with his footwork and he's always right there. I swear it looks like he's not even trying. I'm never gonna rank him the best of all time though because I think there isn't enough competition.

Like Steffi Graf, her only competition got stabbed in the back(Seles) and after that it was smooth sailing for her.

The next best young player is Gasquet from France. His backhand is picture perfect. He has an all-court game. He'll be knocking on the top 5 by this time next year. The americans play a dreadfull game to watch. Not any of the young players have touch around the net. If he could get into better shape, Taylor Dent is the best young talent. He is a classic serve and volleyer. None of the americans show any fight like Hewitt. Hewitt maximizes his abilities. If Federer were not around, Lleyton would probably have 3-4 more slams.

He does hit the ball extremely well but I could care less about a French player. I just want an American that I can root for once Agassi retires. I think James Blake does play with a lot of fire at times. And Roddick tries to. I agree that Roddick is overrated and his serve is by far his biggest weapon, but y'all don't give him enough credit. He moves alright and does have a pretty good forehand. It's an allout power came though.

Back to Gasquet though. I'm just not so sure how much of an all surface player he is. He hasn't had much success at the French, though his career is still very young. I'll have to see more from him. He lost to Genepri pretty decisively in the final set.

He does hit the ball extremely well but I could care less about a French player. I just want an American that I can root for once Agassi retires. I think James Blake does play with a lot of fire at times. And Roddick tries to. I agree that Roddick is overrated and his serve is by far his biggest weapon, but y'all don't give him enough credit. He moves alright and does have a pretty good forehand. It's an allout power came though.

Back to Gasquet though. I'm just not so sure how much of an all surface player he is. He hasn't had much success at the French, though his career is still very young. I'll have to see more from him. He lost to Genepri pretty decisively in the final set.

Gasquet beat Federer on clay to win Monte Carlo. He has an all court game. He's 19, but he'll get better. Blake doesn't have the abilities to be a major player. He's way too inconsistent. He didn't really beat anyone aside from Nadal who's very inexpierenced. I think he got quite lucky in his run. He's 26 now, and I doubt he's a factor in any future tournaments.

Since we're talking about tennis. I have a question. Who else thinks Ivan Lendl was better than John Mcenroe?

Lendl was a freak I don't anyone comes close to 8 consecutive us open finals. He had an all court game. Its tragic he never won wimbeldon. I'd say Lendl had the better career.

Archived