Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Poker Craze

Spaceman Spiff

i can't wait till its gone, i hate when something you enjoy becomes a fad, because everyone thinks you're just jumping on the band-wagon. i started playing before the fad, and now i've been diminished to looking like a poser... until we hit the tables :cool:. that's where you can see whose for real, and who's just joining the fad. the only good thing about it becoming a fad, is a bunch of stupid people with money join the tables. :)

I love poker, and I love watching it on T.V....To an extent. I don't like watching celebrities play. However, the WPT is exciting, at least to me. And I do enjoy watching some of the smaller satellite tourneys as well. It sure as hell beats college baseball and women's softball.

i can't wait till its gone, i hate when something you enjoy becomes a fad, because everyone thinks you're just jumping on the band-wagon. i started playing before the fad, and now i've been diminished to looking like a poser... until we hit the tables :cool:. that's where you can see whose for real, and who's just joining the fad. the only good thing about it becoming a fad, is a bunch of stupid people with money join the tables. :)

ARE YOU CRAZY???? I love that it's a fad. I make upwards of 100 bucks online most nights I play from morons that think they're going to make it to the WSOP. Keep the fad alive. It's easy to play poker. IT's all L-U-C-K :laugh: ;)

no offense man... but you're like... 16. :)

Wow, I just agreed with Spiff. I should see a priest right away...this is surely a sign that the apocalypse cannot be far behind.

For the record: if you never really played poker, and now you are "addicted" to Texas hold 'em, well, I've got another pointless trend that you should jump on...giving all you money to me! Instead of losing it while participating in a game that you believe furthers your hip-ness and backroom savvy, just hand it all over to me.

It's what all the cool kids are doing, doncha know. I take PayPal.

Wow, I just agreed with Spiff. I should see a priest right away...this is surely a sign that the apocalypse cannot be far behind.

:wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf:

Anyway, I can't lie, I've always wanted to learn how to play, even before the craze...I tried to get my dad to teach me how when I was like 12, 13. I just don't have the patience to deal with it. Oh well.

My take is that people love the idea of getting rich quick, without putting much work into it. Everyone's been enamored idea with the idea of a get rich quick scheme. Even if you know its a scam, you sit there and think how nice it could be if you could somehow find a way to get rich without sitting behind a desk all day. A previous poster said its the Chris Moneymaker syndrome and I believe that. While poker isn't a scheme, it is away to get rich quick for some people that doesn't have to deal with those late night infomercials on TV.

To the dude who rakes in 100 bucks a night, props given, I wish I had the patience to learn the game to make some money on the side like that.

And for E-dog, I can't believe the dude even took the time to read my thread. :wtf:;)

Ive been playing cards for years and poker on and off and I did start playing Hold'em more a few years ago, right before the fad took off. But I get so sick and tired of seeing it on TV. It's bad enough to see the pros act like a bunch of fools but then to see all the celebrity games and how they act it drives me up the wall and it makes me never want to play hold'em again, and I love playing it. I think it also seeded my desire to never watch HYPE(espn) again. Everyday I despise HYPE more and more. It's becoming nore MTV and less about actual sports. They have in fact put the E(ntertainment) into ESPN and have taken out the S(ports).

I also started rightbefore the fad broke....2 years ago on the 4th of July (to be exact..a friend had a party/bbq and was playing). I've always liked poker but Hold'em really grabbed me.

I like watchingit on TV, mainly because I watch how the pros play and try to examine how and why they do what they do (WPT on the Travel channel is esp. good). It IS a fad, and it will die down SOME, but it isn't likely to go away.

Archived