Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

'los or Harris Week 1

truskinsfan18

Harris will start the game and Rogers will be the #3. Williams likes bringing rookies along a step at a time, setting the bar higher each week. He did that with Sean Taylor last year and I don't see any reason he won't do that this time.

The only way I see Rogers starting the first game is if Harris is not 100% physically.

But remember that Taylor held out, while Rodgers was in camp day one. That could make the difference.

I hope its Rogers, he is so underrated not even getting any hype like Rolle and pacman, I want him to start all year and to win rookie of the year so these stupid experts stop saying we dont draft well

Nah. The "experts" will say "well what do you expect, Rogers was the only one available that is why the skins lucked into drafting him.... :laugh:

Man. Some of you are delusional if you think Rogers will, or even should, start.

Keep in mind that Gregg Williams defense is an assignment-based defense, and that includes the secondary. You won't simply see Springs follow Muhammed all over the field. Other guys are going to have to cover him, too. Williams likes to mix his coverages up -- a lot! There is no way a rookie can ingest and execute all those schemes by opening day.

Rogers is going to get worked in gradually, so he has a chance to watch and understand how the different coverages work as well as how to read what the offensive player are doing. I love what I've seen from Rogers, so far. But he doesn't really have a clue about how fast things are going to be happening come opening day, and any of y'all who think he does, based on preseason, are just as clueless. Rogers saw just a tiny fraction of what he's gonna see in the regular season. That's why you go with the vet.

Did ANYONE see how Harris did again Minnesota in the last game of last season? I would go by that game rather than anything in the preseason. They didn't miss the injured Fred Smoot one iota, and Harris had to play a good part of the second half without Shawn Springs, who got nicked up. Minnesota's only TDs came against Sean Taylor in coverage, by the way. Harris' smart, physical play is one of the reasons the Skins were willing the Smoot go rather than pay him more than Springs. Harris may not be as physically talented as Rogers, but he knows if he gets a good jam and plays his assignments correctly, he's going to be in position to make a play as long as everyone else is doing their jobs. Plus, as a veteran, he's going to know certain receivers tendencies. Again, Rogers doesn't have a clue.

Although I believe that both will see the field quite often, I would feel alot more comfortable with Walt Harris out on the corner, and the rook in the slot. Nothing against him or his playing ability, but at this point in his career I would rather him make his rookie mistakes inside where he has more help, rather than having him on an Island getting beat for TD's.

Harris struggles in run support and the bears need to run the ball in order to accomplish anything offensively. Carlos on the other hand showed he can put the RB to the grand quickly and violently when he put the brakes on the bus against the steelers. Thus I'd like to see "'Los" in there, but ultimately Williams will make the call and I have no reason to doubt him.

I think Harris should start. Having a good preseason desn't necessarily translate into having a good regular season. I think Harris should start so Rodgers can adjust to regular season game speed. Rodgers definetly has skills and will be the starter sooner rather than later. I am sure he will still see plenty of action on sunday. Go Skins!!

Williams says he doesn't have "starters" and apparently hates it when people use that term. That being said, he doesn't like to "start" rookies, even if they're the best/better player at their position. So if Harris is healthy, he'll "start," but, like at other positions on defense, they'll both get playing time.

Good point GURU. I think that everyone (including myself) is just infactuated with Rogers aggressiveness and speed. We didn't have the aggressive hitting part with Smoot, but we've always had it with Springs. Now, to potentially have aggressive hitting on both sides of the cornerback position is just very exciting.

I'll go with Harris. It's simply a matter of experience. Rodgers will be the starting CB, while Harris will be moved to the nickel, but it's not time yet. Rodgers still has a lot to learn regarding William's schemes.

Harris is no slouch in terms of speed, either. He can more than hold his own.

:logo:

Gotta go with Carlos. He looked pretty good in the pre-season except for the two plays against Cincy, where he was out of shape. But since, he has only looked good, and I am interested in seeing how he plays in the regular season.

Plus, Harris is better as a nickel corner anyways, and a solid one at that.

Carlos should start but i think Harris will. Ability aside Harris has more experience with the schemes. Carlos will get his shot by week 3 or 4. I agree that the only way he starts is if Walt is still banged up. I wish we would have kept Wilds. I do not look forward to seeing Ade as the dime back. I would rather see Preloiu (spelling?) as the fourth corner.

Archived