Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins.com: Tupa done for the year

NorthEast Skin

This seems to concern me alot more than some of you. That field position is soooo important. Thats what helps a D continue to be strong

well, you probably haven't caught many preseason games then. He has kicked several 50+ yard punts, some which have landed inside the 15. Yes, Tupa was one of the, if not hte best in the league. Groom probably won't be able to play up to the level of Tupa, but, I don't think that it should cause a liability out there on the field.

Also, they might have signed Mohr so that if Groom just happens to go down with injury, they will have a guy that they know, and have seen play before.

In my opinion Groom is better than Tupa N*E*Wayz. So who the hell cares if Tupa is out for the year. Groom gets more hangtime so the receiving team can't get no return

Brilliant Statement.......

Tom Tupa was only one of the best directional punters in the game and, as far as power, led all punters in the NFC last year.

I like Groom, but as the coaches have said about him on many occasions, there's more to this than just having a powerful leg and he needs to work on his directional kicking.

Groom has looked fantastic, from my perspective. I took a Steelers fan with me to the game (don't worry, I only do that for preseason), and he was astounded by the hangtime on some of the punts Groom put up. I hope he's the pick.

I've been impressed with Boom Boom Groom, and for one hope we hang on to him. Directional punting is a skill that can be learned. His story is typical of many excellent kickers and punters in that he's bounced around a year or two before catching on with a team. See Mark Moseley for a good 'Skins example, David Akers for a not-so-good 'Skins example.

Damn, thats too bad, Tupa was spectacular last season. And I thought we were gonna get through the preseason without any major injuries! :(

Hopefully Groom has another good outing on Thursday and wins the job. I remember wanting to draft Groom in the late rounds (or pick him up as a UDFA) the same year we signed Tupa. I guess we could end up with him as our current and maybe future starter anyway.

Simple ask hall who holds better. Assuming one is bette directionally and one has more height/distance/power we'll call that a wash. Who holds better could be more important in the long run, so ask Hall who he works better with.

Archived