Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Giants may be getting a ninth home game........

Tom [Giants fan]

I don't have a link because it was broadcast on CBS here in New York but they are thinking about moving the Giants @ Saints game which is scheduled for 9/18 to Giants stadium on 9/17 because of the damage Katrina did. As much as I love home field for the Giants, I do not see this as fair and I'm sure the league could come up with some other fair alternative.

no way they do that... the Saints would lose out on millions of ticket refunds. if they don't play at the superdome, they will move it to a college stadium in the near vicinity.

Which probibly also took hurrican damage, and becauuse they are likely not covered, took more damage.

I would think if it's moved (and based on the damage in New Orleans it will almost certainly have to be) it would be held at the Georgia Dome in Atlanta. There is so much infrastructure damage in Louisiana and Mississippi that I don't see them being able to play at home in Sept. They're saying that power may not be restored for weeks. Half of Mississippi is without power. I live in North Carolina and have had my share of Hurricanes and the effects. My thoughts and prayers are with those in the affected areas.

MC

That's ridiculous. That game needs to be played at the Bayou or another college stadium nearby.... all ticket sales would have to go to the Saints, but more importantly, the Saints lose home field advantage.

MORE IMPORTANTLY?

Did you just SAY THAT.

Much of New Orleans is under 10-20 feet of water. The city won't have power for at least a MONTH, there are bodies floating in the streets, and the Saints losing homefield advantage is important.

To be honest, I don't think anyone in New Orleans gives a **** about that. Right now, there are levees breaking around the city that are turning it into a new Atlantis.

Sorry for getting upset, but perspective people, perspective. :(

MORE IMPORTANTLY?

Did you just SAY THAT.

Much of New Orleans is under 10-20 feet of water. The city won't have power for at least a MONTH, there are bodies floating in the streets, and the Saints losing homefield advantage is important.

To be honest, I don't think anyone in New Orleans gives a **** about that. Right now, there are levees breaking around the city that are turning it into a new Atlantis.

I understand your points and anger...but with all do respect, this is a thread concerning the possible move of the game...not the hurricane. It was a tragedy for sure, but everyone in here is discussing this situation within the context of this thread. By using your logic, we shouldn't be discussing football at all...just talking about tragedies and other world events.

Wow, if they do that.

They should sell the tickets at the door so people who can't usually see their favorite team, can see them now.

However, if I got to choose. I'd have them play in L.A. or something like that. Maybe a little showcase.

Moving that game to LA would be genious. :applause:

If u moved the game to LA be kinda unfair for saints to get all the money since theres alot more people there to go to the game and buy stuff and all that money go to the saints...id they split it between the 2 teams. Or 1/4 of the money to the giants and 3/4 of the money to the saints...but thats to confusing :D

MORE IMPORTANTLY?

Did you just SAY THAT.

you made a point, but look, football is something that brings people together (at least for the same fans of the home team). If (God forbid) something were to happen to FedEx, I still would want the Redskins to have a game somewhere nearby (RFK, Baltimore, UMD) if they are still usable. Think about it, you just lost soo much, you'd at least want to make sure your team gets to play on their own turf. I know I would.

That team should play at LSU all season. They need to play home games so that they can stimulate some economy and to give the players a chance to take care of business at home. Being on the road for a whole season would be really unfair to the team and it would cripple their organization without the ticket sales they would have received. Also the team and other activities will give victims in the area something to look forward to and allow them to rally around something in these tough times.

Archived