Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is there a rivalry?

Spaceman Spiff

Currently, not a real rivalry.

Potentially, one of the best in football.

I agree that bandwagoners jumped to the Ravens. I knew a guy with Redskins season tickets that bought Ravens season tickets. He claims to have been a Redskins Fan all his life. Bull.

I believe that, not unlike the Mets and Yankees certain teams should play every year.

Jets Vs. Giants.

Texans Vs. Cowboys.

Redskins Vs. Baltimore.

Bucs Vs. Dolphins.

Steelers Vs. Eagles.

49ers Vs. Oakland

Make fans choose. None of that I cheer for both teams crap.

I never want to see the Ravens win a game. I think they are curently overrated and have been, besides their incredible defense.

I remember,in the year the Ravens won the Super Bowl, a close friend of mine got some free tickets from someone his father knew. It was the game against the Cleveland Browns in which Baltimore absolutely stomped on them. The score was ridiculous, but I forgot exactly what it was. Their stadium is beautiful by the way. Anyway, I was torn to not be able to watch my Skins, but hey, I really did want to go and I impatiently waited for every update on the NFL on the screen during the game. Before any of this, I had no idea the Baltimore fans had it in for the Redskins, except from a few comments made by a guy I worked with at the time who was a Ravens fan, but I just thought he was saying it to me and it had nothing to do with a a rivalry.

Getting to the point, when the NFL update came on the screen, and the Redskins were winning 3-0 early in the first, the whole stadium erupted in boos! I was shocked, but I started cheering in the midst of it all to show some love. Ever since, I don't like the Ravens much.... BUT THEY STARTED IT!

I honestly liked them at first, and used to root for them unless they were playing us. Oh well... You guys seem to be right on the mark with your comments here.

blame JKC and the NFL for Baltimore taking 10+ yrs to get a football team back in their city after their own failure to support their own team at the time the (Colts) . so much so that they still cry and whine about how the NFL and Paul Taglibue still have it out for them and their city. :

They can thank former Skins owner Marshall for even having the Colts. When the AAFC the All-American Football Conference(the Colts former league) merged with the NFL the NFL was going to eliminate half of that league's teams and George Preston Marshall lobbied hard to keep the Colts in existence since it would create a good rivalry for the Redskins. The Colts, Browns and Forty-Niners were absorbed into the NFL while the New York Yankees, Buffalo Bills, LA Dons and Chicago Hornets all folded into history.

You could be right, as an out of town fan I could care less about the Ravens. Dallas however...

Well, for us IN-towners who have to deal with thes assclowns on a regular basis, it's quite a different story. I hate the Ratbirds. Their fans are generally pretty damn stupid & disrespectful. Believe it or not, INSIDE the Beltway, a lot of people (maybe not most, but a lot) HATE the Ravens. I hate all Baltimore sports now. I hate the Zer-0's & I hate the Ratbirds!

F*** Dallas, then Baltimore!

:dallasuck :ravensuck

Well, for us IN-towners who have to deal with thes assclowns on a regular basis, it's quite a different story. I hate the Ratbirds. Their fans are generally pretty damn stupid & disrespectful. Believe it or not, INSIDE the Beltway, a lot of people (maybe not most, but a lot) HATE the Ravens. I hate all Baltimore sports now. I hate the Zer-0's & I hate the Ratbirds!

F*** Dallas, then Baltimore!

:dallasuck :ravensuck

:chestram:

F the Ratbirds. Speak otherwise...

...traitor.

Here in Illinois I don't even think about the Ravens. There are no Ravens fans around here. I live about 90 minutes from St Louis and have to deal with mouthy Ram fans that didn't even like the Rams before 1999.

Yeah, before that, they were Cardinals fans. :laugh:

:ramsuck:

Archived