Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ExtremeSkins recap: Redskins vs. Steelers (PHOTO'S & AUDIO ADDED)

themurf

Thats all of the photos ladies and gentlemen. Enjoy!

I suspect we're going to become THE outlet of choice for Redskin's photos, and I won't be at all surprised if the players themselves don't come round here looking for their own best shots!

Thanks to all of you for the wonderful comments and compliments. I hope that the one thing everyone notices is that even though I was the one there, I was there representing each of you. I tried to interview each of the guys you, the fans, wanted and the plan was to ask Coach Gibbs the questions you wanted answers to.

The best way for this process to continue to grow is for each of you to continually provide feedback on what you like and what areas we should focus on in the future. Thanks again,

murf.

Thanks to all of you for the wonderful comments and compliments. I hope that the one thing everyone notices is that even though I was the one there, I was there representing each of you. I tried to interview each of the guys you, the fans, wanted and the plan was to ask Coach Gibbs the questions you wanted answers to.

The best way for this process to continue to grow is for each of you to continually provide feedback on what you like and what areas we should focus on in the future. Thanks again,

murf.

Man!! :applause: :applause: that is great stuff, Thanks a lot Murf!!!

Skins034.JPG

Dude please explain this one to me. What a great shot.

Santana Moss and Antonio Brown were playing catch and Moss was having fun. He caught the ball like that once and I said to him “Oh sure - you do it when no one has a camera around” and we both laughed. He promptly did it again for me and made sure I got a shot of it.

And that's the difference this year. Rod Gardner can't catch a football if there's a defender within five yards of him. Not only can Moss catch anything thrown at him - he's so good he can do stuff like this.

Our offense is in much better hands this year - literally.

Outstanding stuff murf. Almost like really being there. I don't think there's a name for the color of green with envy I have. Way to represent. Step to the bar and have more than a few on the house. And have some poppers too.

(looks at watch). Ummmm. Better skip the poppers. :)

One sidenote about the interception - I don’t know if you could see it on TV, but after the play was over, Ramsey hustled over to the receiver (I think it was James Thrash, but I’m not sure) and patted him on the back and tried to cheer him up. Patrick knew he made a mistake, but he didn’t dwell on it, and he didn’t want anyone else to either. Just another reason I think Ramsey is going to eventually be the guy running the show when the offense gets it all together.

Murf, I previously commended you on your fine work, so I won't repeat myself.

Instead, let me ask you a question. Your sidenote on the interaction between Ramsey and Thrash speaks volumes about what the real cause of the problem was on that interception. That's probably the best piece of sports reporting I have seen thus far in this preseason, in ANY media site on the web. I sincerely mean that. When I first saw the interception, I kind of suspected it might have been Thrash who failed to properly adjust to the blitz, but you never know. Your kind of insightful observation clarified for me the reason for the interception, and is the kind of commentary that I see is sorely missing in the media. What I see, instead, are erroneous conclusions and unsubstantiated commentary about Ramsey's performance on that play. (And I for one am not Pro-Ramsey, as I do believe Brunell has outplayed him thus far)

Having said that, let me now ask you my question. Would you please find out if you can swap your camera for a camcorder? I'm convinced that if you had been able to film the interaction between Ramsey and Thrash on that interception, that piece of film would have been probably the most popular and highly insightful multimedia piece ANYWHERE in the Redskin online community. It would have certainly have been the very popular focus of attention in the Ramsey v. Brunell topics that keep cropping up.

Anyway, I do believe that if you were to capture the occassional sideline video, you would provide the fan base with lots of valuable and insightful footage. So I'm left to wonder: Since you're able to describe the sideline interaction between players (such as Ramsey and Thrash), and allowed to capture stills, why shouldn't you be allowed to capture motion as well? I previously made the sideline camcorder suggestion, but saw nothing favorable come of that.

Anxiously awaiting your response.

:notworthy

Murf, I previously commended you on your fine work, so I won't repeat myself.

Instead, let me ask you a question. Your sidenote on the interaction between Ramsey and Thrash speaks volumes about what the real cause of the problem was on that interception. That's probably the best piece of sports reporting I have seen thus far in this preseason, in ANY media site on the web. I sincerely mean that. When I first saw the interception, I kind of suspected it might have been Thrash who failed to properly adjust to the blitz, but you never know. Your kind of insightful observation clarified for me the reason for the interception, and is the kind of commentary that I see is sorely missing in the media. What I see, instead, are erroneous conclusions and unsubstantiated commentary about Ramsey's performance on that play. (And I for one am not Pro-Ramsey, as I do believe Brunell has outplayed him thus far)

Having said that, let me now ask you my question. Would you please find out if you can swap your camera for a camcorder? I'm convinced that if you had been able to film the interaction between Ramsey and Thrash on that interception, that piece of film would have been probably the most popular and highly insightful multimedia piece ANYWHERE in the Redskin online community. It would have certainly have been the very popular focus of attention in the Ramsey v. Brunell topics that keep cropping up.

Anyway, I do believe that if you were to capture the occassional sideline video, you would provide the fan base with lots of valuable and insightful footage. So I'm left to wonder: Since you're able to describe the sideline interaction between players (such as Ramsey and Thrash), and allowed to capture stills, why shouldn't you be allowed to capture motion as well? I previously made the sideline camcorder suggestion, but saw nothing favorable come of that.

Anxiously awaiting your response.

:notworthy

Let me start by saying you are way too kind. The comments and feedback I've gotten from everyone this weekend have been humbling, to say the least. That being said - I am not a video guy. I can take still photos, interview players and write my two cents, but I'm not the guy you want with a camcorder. The good news is, I'm not the only person who will be attending games for this website. There are tons of talented individuals working here to bring you the ultimate insider's perspective - so keep your thoughts and ideas coming. If there's a way to make it happen, I promise they'll find a way to get it to you.

Thanks again to you and everyone else,

murf.

Thank you for your response.

I had already posted a thread requesting that Extremeskins pursue some manner of video taping the kind of sideline player interaction that you observed and were able to capture with a still camera. Unfortunately, the responses I got from Extremeskin stated that video taping would not be allowed, which is why I suggested my idea to you. If you're allowed to take stills from the sidelines, I'm still not sure why someone can't use a camcorder instead. Must be one of the great mysteries of life.

:doh:

I have just checked with the team and we can shoot video. They think it could raise eyebrows if we are using a home video camera like a Sony Handycam, but, that there's no reason not to try it. I will try to charge mine up and use it for the Dallas Monday Nighter as I can. See what happens :).

I have just checked with the team and we can shoot video. They think it could raise eyebrows if we are using a home video camera like a Sony Handycam, but, that there's no reason not to try it. I will try to charge mine up and use it for the Dallas Monday Nighter as I can. See what happens :).

I'll be attending the first several home games as the primary photographer. I've got a Sony digicam - we'll give it a whirl....definitely may feel a little 'inadequate' out there with that thing, so maybe I'll make Blade carry it :)

Personally, other than the novelty of it, not sure we'd get anything one of the gazillion TV cameras aren't going to get, but nothing to say we can't try.

Archived