Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Let's talk about that Philly defense

Westbrook36

0 points in two games now. It looks like it's going to be 1991 all over again, boys.

3 forced turnovers in a little over a quarter tonight against the Ravens.

I'm starting to think TO or no TO, all the Eagles offense will have to do is put a 14 spot on the board and the Eagles still have 12 guaranteed wins.

What say you?

The Philly D has always been very good under JJ. In all honesty I think he is more responsible for the Eagles success of the past 5 years then Reid and the O

The whole "its preseason" mantra applies here also though

Lets see live bullets. I do however expect it to be another top 10 D, which will give the Philly O a chance to win any game this year

And WB. You dont want it to be like 1991. You dont want your very good QB with scrambling ability to get hurt in week 1, be out for the year, and a McMahon starting, do you? ;)

Well, that's a good point. :laugh:

I'm just pumped about this defense. I see them forcing tons of turnovers this year.

Last week, for the game, the Steelers ran 31 times for under 60 yards.

JJ is going to be able to dial up a lot of exotic blitzes this year. :cheers:

A menacing D in the preseason says a TON about a team and all....but let's see this '91 defense rear its head once regular season comes around....and as far as that game against the Ravens is concerned, if Jamal Lewis had played that wouldnt of happened, they couldn't of contained him

Yeah, yeah, yeah Westy. Show up and gloat. ;)

It actually looks as though the Eagles are NOT going to self-destruct in '05. I suppose we're just going to have to kick the a$$es of a full-strength Philly team. I also thought the other NFC East teams would step up and give us a hand in putting some bruises on your Eagles' record, thus softening the division a bit. This could still happen but Manning's injury may take the Giants out of contention in the early going. Our yearly QB controversy could send us into another early-season tailspin and who the heck knows what's taking shape in Dallas.

Anyway, yes- you guys are looking sweet on D and TO is back so we all know who's gonna get the early jump in the NFC East. Just shut up and enjoy it, ya BRAGGART. :)

As good as your D has looked, your O has sucked. TO makes a difference...but at a cost. I still think Westbrook is your best player. Too bad the Eagles prefer paying kickers...

Our offense has looked bad? What is your basis for comparison....the Redskins offense over the same time period? ;)

First game the young receivers were all over the field catching balls and the first team put up a td once it got it's legs under it after McNabb's INT.

Last game, the offense went up and down the field on the Ravens defense. You should remember how tough their defense is, right?

Westbrook, during the game, was interviewed and said they are getting closer to a longterm deal.

BTW, Akers is ridiculously underpaid as well but I've come to expect you throwing out a statement with no factual backup as a fact because you like to talk out of the side of your mouth when discussing the Eagles.

Our offense has looked bad? What is your basis for comparison....the Redskins offense over the same time period? ;)

First game the young receivers were all over the field catching balls and the first team put up a td once it got it's legs under it after McNabb's INT.

Last game, the offense went up and down the field on the Ravens defense. You should remember how tough their defense is, right?

Westbrook, during the game, was interviewed and said they are getting closer to a longterm deal.

BTW, Akers is ridiculously underpaid as well but I've come to expect you throwing out a statement with no factual backup as a fact because you like to talk out of the side of your mouth when discussing the Eagles.

Ackers is ridiculously underpaid? What about Westbrook? He's your offense right now. If TO comes back, that'll take some of the pressure off, but he's it...and your front office is spitting in his eye. Westbrook is showing some class in saying things are moving along.

In your last game, Westbrook on a broken defensive play was the highlight (along with ST.)

I just think you're sitting on a bubbling pot that's going to spill over the first time things don't go your way...

And, no need for personal attacks. I run down your team, not you.

Westy how did your "D' fare vs. the Steelers "O"?

I'm glad you asked. They were simply awesome. If you remember, the Steelers jumped out and scored 21 points on three returns. The defense was three and outing the Steelers all of the first half.

They averaged less than 2.0 ypc that game as well.

First team defense hasn't allowed a td this preseason.

After witnessing the Pittsburgh offense last night, I'm not surprised Philly's D had a good game against them. Their QB is having significant sophmore jinx...and they currently have a fossil at running back. And last year's #3 receiver isn't yet worthy of being their #2.

The Eagles are a good team...no doubt. It's when things start to get shakey that the wheels will fall off. And as long as TO is on the team, things will get shakey.

He's waiting for the right moment....Bwaahahhhaahhaahaaa

I'm glad you asked. They were simply awesome. If you remember, the Steelers jumped out and scored 21 points on three returns. The defense was three and outing the Steelers all of the first half.

They averaged less than 2.0 ypc that game as well.

First team defense hasn't allowed a td this preseason.

Yeah Roethlisberger only led 2-3 drives the whole game i believe, because the Steelers special teams and defense scored the points and they didn't have to take the field, when they did they were shut down.

The Bengals on 2 drives last night have -22 yards at one point. The Eagle defense is easily one of the best in the NFL, and while i dont think it's because of the players, Jim Johnson is by far the best defensive coordinator.

I think the Philadelphia Defense is going to be strong all year, especially since they play offensively challenged teams like Dallas and Washington. It's going to get them deep into the playoffs again, but at a point the T.O distractions are going to wear them down i'm sure, and cost them a shot at being in the Super Bowl again.

Archived