Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

This Week's Post Game Merged Ramsey Threads

boobiemiles

Originally posted by goldenster95

So, let's look at the bottom line here. What was Ramsey's starter rating last year? 86.1. That's 15th, right behind Warner. Of course, he did it against a playoff schedule, i.e., against teams that average nine wins. Brunell started his nine games against opponents that averaged around six wins. If Ramsey plays those scrub teams, his rating easily jumps to 92, which is what a guy named Brett Favre registered in 2004.

Please don't start nitpicking, man, when the bottom line tells a different story.

Bottomline? 3-4. A losing record. Ramsey doesn't exactly have a history of wins to his name either.

Originally posted by D'Pablo

Bottomline? 3-4. A losing record. Ramsey doesn't exactly have a history of wins to his name either.

Get a clue, dude. That came against teams that averaged nine wins. If Taylor doesn't blow his assignment at the end of the Cowboys game, Ramsey has a winning record against a schedule of teams that included Pitt and Philly twice.

Too inconsistent. PR looks good one throw then breaks your heart on the next. With our defense we cant afford to keep turning the ball over. PR down now know how to win! He has the tools of a NFL QB but he is not a winner. Some have it and some dont. Palmer looked bad also, so the bengals might be in trouble also with the quality of WR they have. Pennington and Coles hooked up and looked nice tonight. PR had all summer to get ready to lead this team. You dont lead by throwing INT.s

Get a clue, dude. That came against teams that averaged nine wins. If Taylor doesn't blow his assignment at the end of the Cowboys game, Ramsey has a winning record against a schedule of teams that included Pitt and Philly twice.

If Ramsey had put up more TDs with the offense, it would not have come down to the last play of the game. Both points, yours and mine, are irrelevant.

Originally posted by endzone_dave

Theisman said me made some serious mental mistakes. Of course, you probably know more about being a QB than he does.

Like Joe didnt make mistakes. Like the int in the Superbowl, or forever endearing us with the image of LT smashing his leg to bits. He should have gotten rid of the ball, he knew that maniac was bearing down. Joe T can't talk about anybody. Without Riggo he's would never have won a Superbowl, and I wouldn't have to hear about his opinion. I'm sure he said that he made some good throws too. But I know you want to hate Rams so go ahead.

Good Lord. First of all, some of that involved dropped passes. Second, he was throwing downfield all the time. Those aren't high percentage passes, genius.

Good grief! Every time I click on a thread you have made another crazy attempt at half-hearted logic.

Let me ask you this, "genius." In all of your "genius" intellect, don't you think his YPA (which you praised a few posts ago) was artificially inflated because he was "throwing downfield all the time?"

You can't have it both ways, guys. If anyone thinks Ramsey put up a decent performance tonight, it's beyond my ability to understand.

When one is critical of PR he is labeled a hater. I think PR is a great guy; however, I am not convinced that he is the man to lead this team to the SB. He lacks consistancy and awareness. I am a diehard Redskin fan and only care about winning and not who gets us there. If Heath Schuler were throwing 12/13 for two TDs; let's start him. Let the best man start and last year's performance is not any forward indication of this year's performance.

Originally posted by vegeta613

Umm, there were two picks, one which was totally Ramsey's fault. The other was the product of going downfield all the time. Ramsey let the ball get away. That happens to all QBs. However, if you're going deep all the time, you'll get more picks. The tradeoff is big yardage. If you get that, it CAN be worth it. Kind of like trading off strikeouts for homers.

Didn't the Bengals Score 14 points off 2 Ramsey ints Goldy??

In the case of this game it certainly wasn't Worth it

AT LEAST 7 points was from a fifty yard bomb agianst Carlos Rogers a mostly unpracticed rookie.

hard to blame Ramsey for scores when the defense gives up 80 yard drives.

I have not posted a negative thing about Ramsey ever. This is not a 'smear attempt' from a certain camp of who should start.

Now, look at what the other team's starters are doing against the 'vanilla' preseaon defenses. I see 9/10 and a td, 12/14 and a td. Other starting QB's are blazing the D's. Ours clearly is not.

Patrick deserves a chance? That's what the common sense says. I say play the best man, this is business.

Right now I can't clearly say who that is.

But two things I am clear about 1) I'm thrilled we have J. Campbell (instead of M. Williams) 2) Patrick Ramsey is not ready for playoff football

He may in fact tank, but he was pretty consistent given the Fun N Gun type of offense he played in tonight. Passes all the time and deep passes to boot.

This is sad. It's ok he threw INTs cause he was going long? Loser talk. A good passer would but the ball where only the WR can get it...he did it once with Patten. I just don't see PR as a legit starting QB in this league. PR is 2nd string type.

Cincy scored 14pts off those turnovers. But it's no big deal right cause it's only preseason?

:doh:

I can understand if it was our 2nd or 3rd string but it was our 1st team!

I'm sorry dude. I could have sworn it was a Ramsey interception that sealed away a victory in one of those Philly games. In each of the games against Philly, he had 0 TDs and 1 pick. You're probably asking why I'm nitpicking and using Philly as an example. Get a clue, dude. They are our competition year in and year out. We go through them to get to the playoffs. Against Pitt, he had 133 yards, 1 TD, and 1 INT. Against the playoff bound Giants and 49ers, he managed a staggering 139.2 and 103 QB rating respectively. That's really impressive. HOF-worthy in fact. Against the #28 D in Minnesota, he garnered a 100.8 QB rating. The Dallas game you said Taylor blew... Was it him that lost the game or was it the guy that threw 2 picks leading to a TD? Brunell, to his defense, at least played against playoff teams IN THE PLAYOFFS. Oh, and he WON.

Didn't the Bengals Score 14 points off 2 Ramsey ints Goldy??

preseason

Yeah, well this is one tradeoff I'd decline. Ramsey had 1 TD, and that came from the 30 yard line after a turnover. The Bengals had 14 points off Ramsey's picks. He basically cost us the game.

preseason

They were both his fault. A pick in scoring territory is not acceptable.

preseason

Yeah, I'm sure our play calling is along the lines of "Interception left, interception right". We don't want to show too much in the preseason.

it's even in this post - preseason

I can't believe we lost the game. Now we are 0-2. There's no way we make the postseason with this start.

Gibbs says let's work on passing. Unlike last year we moved the ball, and we made improvements in that aspect.

Everyone that thinks Gibbs plan of attack this season is to have Ramsey throw the ball 20 - 30 yards down field each play please stand up.

Seriously if I didn't feel Gibbs was going to ride Portis and rely on our defense this year I might worry. That is I would worry if this wasn't PRESEASON.

Time to stop the crying and get the problems with Patrick Ramsey fixed!!!I watched the game tonight and Gibbs tested the deep pass play hard.I think ramsey passed on the deep pass play.Ramsey had some awesome throws.On the other hand he failed in making some good decisions.The red zone pick should have never been thrown towards thrash,he was too well covered.Ramsey bounced back on the last drive and got back down to the redzone and came out with a field goal.I'm no football coach but it seems ramsey has trouble with the post corner routes and even worse to the left side of the field.Ramsey has got to throw better, on the move and under pressure.When Ramsey has time to plant his feet the passes seem to be alot more accurate and when he doesn't, the ball seems to sail high on him.I hope he does better next week.:helmet:

Originally posted by Clinton Portis

Thank you for your accurate assesment of Ramsey. He DOES deserve critisicm...but not all the hating.

He's the starter guys. Lets support him, not BOO him....

It must be impossible to be a QB in Washington. When Cambpell makes rookie mistakes, will we boo him too?

Yeah, us Washington fans must be the only ones in the league that boo our QB's :rolleyes: He's a pro QB, if he can't handle the criticism, then he has no business under center.

However, I feel PR does have a thick skin, and the "haters" affect the posters on this board more than they do him. He had a rough outing, lets just call it what it was. Hopefully next week he will improve, and in game four really comes alive. After all, people have decided he's a bum after 2 preseason games.....Why can't he turn it around and convince those same people he's a stud in the remaining 2 preseason games?

Originally posted by boobiemiles

In case some of you "redskins" fans were not paying attention, Ramseys had a great game. Joe only wanted Ramsey to go deep. He didn't dump off. Rams had to throw deep on every play, and he connected on half of them. The INT were not bad. We didn't try to run into the endzone. Joe wanted to see the passing game in the redzone. Lewis still couldn't stop it. Last week we downed Ramsey because he only threw for 77 yards on 8 of 12 passing. People said he was ineffective eventhough he complete 67% of his passes. He didn't throw an int, but since he didn't lead a TD drive it was time for Bruhell to start .

Tonight Rams throws a TD, and leads a two minute drive fror the FG. But that isn't enough. What a bunch of idiots. Portis hasn't played yet, but nobody is talking about that. Stop the controversy or the Brunell hype. Did you see them throws? Rams made David Patten look better than Chad Johnson. The Bengals knew we where going deep and they couldn't stop it. Both the int's were a result of bad reads. But the Bengals knew we wanted to work on the passing game, so it gave them a chance to work on their pass defense. They made some plays but so did we. Ramsey still has some work to do, but the guy is not busted. He made some good throws, and average 21.12 yards a completion, at a 50% clip. If he played two halfs, he may have thrown for 400 yards. Stop crying!

In 12 possessions this pre-season with Ramsey at QB, the record is the following:

7 Punts

3 INT

1 TD

1 FG

Please tell me how he is great.

Just got home - I saw him in person tonight - Ramsey, while not quite the anti-christ, did not look good.

Stats only tell you so much. Stats for me say I'm going to live to be 79 years old. No way. Visually - Patrick did not look good.

Time is now - no more excuses.....if I had his performance in my job for the past 4 years I'd be fired. New coach....new blah...blah..blah.....

It happens or it doesn't. Tonight was luke warm at best....against the Bengals.....not the Patriots, Eagles or Steelers....but the Cincy frikkin' Bengals......

Wish I would have seen Mr. Campbell let loose a few passes.....never seen him in person.

Get well Defense.

The most encouraging thing about tonight is Patrick chucking it deep. He still floats his passes a bit, I wish he'd zip them more but at least he kept firing. That's the Patrick Ramsey I'm looking for. The guy who hung in there and kept firing not the guy who looks lost and seems scared to death to throw the ball beyond 10 yards.

He made some poor throws and some horrible decisions, but for the first time I saw a little of the "old" Patrick Ramsey.

He needs to continue to progress. The Steelers and Ravens will be fantastic tests for him.

Originally posted by scruffylookin

The most encouraging thing about tonight is Patrick chucking it deep. He still floats his passes a bit, I wish he'd zip them more but at least he kept firing. That's the Patrick Ramsey I'm looking for. The guy who hung in there and kept firing not the guy who looks lost and seems scared to death to throw the ball beyond 10 yards.

He made some poor throws and some horrible decisions, but for the first time I saw a little of the "old" Patrick Ramsey.

He needs to continue to progress. The Steelers and Ravens will be fantastic tests for him.

Just got back from the game and the most encouraging thing was Brunell getting it done with no turnovers. Brunell's numbers are deceptive because on one drive receivers dropped three balls in a row that were in their hands.

Originally posted by JimmiJo

Just got back from the game and the most encouraging thing was Brunell getting it done with no turnovers. Brunell's numbers are deceptive because on one drive receivers dropped three balls in a row that were in their hands.

Brunell played fine. But he's not the starter, at least not yet. So I'm trying to be positive this week after being labled a Ramsey "hater" all last week and look for something encouraging from our starting QB.

I really think a lot of it is simply getting the timing with the WRs and the deep ball. Some may see every mistake as the sky is falling; for the players and coaches, they see it as practice and goals to fix. When Ramsey, and the TEAM, gets the system together, they will be effective. It's gonna take some regular season games, let alone preseason games, to get this thing to work. But Ramsey is a guy that can, if we give him the chance to do it. As if we really make that decision - I think Gibbs will do that.

Let's give Ramsey a chance to succeed.

Archived