Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Speaking of Fed Ex...Let's change the Intro Music!@@!@

wormer

I go to lots of Skins games and I have to say the player intro music is pretty lame.

My brother goes to a lot of VA Tech games. He tells me the Hokie player intro is AMAZING, mainly due to the music.

Enter Sandman by Metallica. Take a look for your self: (link below)

I have to say I agree. This house is ROCKING!!!

I emailed the Redskins suggesting they change thier music to this as well.

If you agree please email the the Skins too.

Email the Skins: http://www.redskins.com/fanzone/emailredskins.jsp

Enter Sandman intro link! (AWSOME!!!))

http://www.hokiesfootball.0catch.com/Umdgameentrance.htm

Thanks for your support!!

Originally posted by skins0128

Love that Chicken from Popeeeeeeeeyyyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hate when the PA announcer does that. Also whoever the guy (I believe from WJFK) before the game w/ the mic down on the field who tries to pump up the crowd is horrible.

All the ads are horrible especially when played during a drive (before the game and halftime are fine) but i suppose they gotta make more money.

The jumbotrons are bad, I wish they'd upgrade to the widescreen HD ones like at M&T Bank or Lincoln Finacial Field

Originally posted by psu2008

I hate when the PA announcer does that. Also whoever the guy (I believe from WJFK) before the game w/ the mic down on the field who tries to pump up the crowd is horrible.

All the ads are horrible especially when played during a drive (before the game and halftime are fine) but i suppose they gotta make more money.

The jumbotrons are bad, I wish they'd upgrade to the widescreen HD ones like at M&T Bank or Lincoln Finacial Field

I think we all agree on that, those ads are annoying as all hell. They also come at the worst times possible.

Frankly, I don't think the song is all that great. The fans make the difference. Not sure the song is what is pumping them up.

And yeah, all those commercials are a fan momentum killer. The Game Day show really needs to improve.....music, announcers, commercials all discourage fan involvement as it is currently done.

Oh yea- That deep voiced cheese ball Mark Kessler is awful. So is "Robay" from the Don & Mike show.

The adds running all the time really sucks too.

FED Ex in general is pretty bad but I have to say that Thurday night game vs. the Jets it wsa pretty rockin.

OF course, the most I have ever heard it rock was last yeat at the BCA classic. Va Tech vs. USC.

Dude...awsome.

I've only been to one game at FedEx, Spurriers last game vs. the Eagles :puke:

Half the stadium was empty and I'd say there were about 20,000 Eagle fans there. :puke: again.

It didn't help that I was getting over a nasty cold either, so it's hard to draw a conclusion about the stadium.

Play the beginning of the Gladiator Waltz(the opening battle scene,) it's better than Metallica. I just don't get how you ever get an epic sense of the contest about to unfold from heavy metal. It's good for highlight clips(some) but not to prepare you for the war on the field.

Originally posted by hail2skins

Plas LaVarPa said, its the fans who make the difference, and too many of the FedEx attendees take their sweet time getting to their seats.

I hate to say this, and it's pretty sad. But I've gone to Dallas the last few years and I will say I was very impressed that thier stadium is filled up and everyone in thier seat 10 min to game time. Not like ours, where people don't show up until halfway thru the first quarter.

Originally posted by Mr. S

what music do they play before player intros? I have never been to a game at FedEx, I sorta thought HTTR is played as the players charge out and whatnot.

They play a NFL films style classical music piece, they used to play a piece that I only recognized from the old movie Excalibur that they titled "the land and the king". Ive heard the source is Wagner "O fortuna" and also a guy named Carl Orff but I cant remember his title. Im not really sure who created it, or which version they played. It sounded like a dark operatic piece, with a choir chanting and it felt just like it was used for in Excalibur, it felt like an army surging towards a battlefield.

I dont remember the RFK days pregames music.

Of the two I remember I liked them both, but I have to say I think I prefer the NFL classic music. It is total football, and has a naration to it that is pure football. However, it doesnt invoke pure rage but more of a swell of football spirit. I will have to bring a pen sometime and pen the naration, I never seem to remember it.

If they were to change it, I say go back to the Excalibur song but still skip the player introductions. I know people get hyped for single players, so you can go extra nuts on your personal favorite, but I still like the whole team comming out together.

what they need to change at FedEx is that they need to show replays of everything... the good and the bad...

i cant stand it when every chance they get they just go to ads or some meaningless stat instead of replaying the play before...

Archived