Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Eagles send TO a letter

Spaceman Spiff

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2134879

The Philadelphia Eagles have sent wide receiver Terrell Owens a letter outlining what they perceive is a series of behavioral problems over the last two weeks, a league source told ESPN's Sal Paolantonio.

Owens acknowledged in a conversation on Monday with ESPN's Michael Irvin that he had received the letter.

The letter was sent over the weekend and arrived at Owens' home in Atlanta on Monday, two days before he is scheduled to meet with head coach Andy Reid at the Eagles' practice facility.

A source characterized the letter as the beginning of a process to suspend Owens from the team if Owens' behavior does not change after that meeting takes place. Owens is expected, according to the Eagles, to rejoin the team on Wednesday, but Reid has said he would only allow Owens back on the field if he sees a marked change in his behavior and attitude.

Have to be honest...all along I thought all of this stuff would blow over and TO would report for duty and play for the Eagles this season.

...but recent events make me think he may have played his last game as an Eagle. I'm just surprised it has deteriorated to this point.

They're trying to wiggle out of his contract and cap hit. This letter is probably spelled out in the NFLPA.

I think TO could file a grievance over this...after all, Reid asked him to leave training camp...

Too bad for the Eagles...it's still gonna get worse before it gets better...

Any bets we see TO on TV tonight?

Originally posted by BogeyMan

I hope BANG! is still lurking around here.

I could see something set to the tune of the old song

"My Baby Sent Me a Letter"

Lurking Shmurking.

This is my playground.

Anyway,, TO cartoon due within HOURS.

So get a frosty beverage, and get set.

~Bang

:eaglesuck

This article is great. This type of contoversy couldn't happen to a nicer team.reid should send a similar letter to all the sh*thead Philly fans next.

I like the way the Eagles are handling this but without Pinkston and TO, what do they have left at the receiver position? Look for the Eagles to miss the playoffs this year. I can't wait to watch the meltdown.

In all honesty, I see the Eagles kowtowing here, they need a WR too much. so much is riding on their season to get back to the superbowl.

but even if TO does play the season he's done so much damage there, everyone hates him. There will be new soundbytes each week.

any rate, I hope the Eagles stand firm and get rid of his ass because it'll mean doomsday to their season and hopefully T.O.'s career. Nothing would satisfy me more than to see every NFL GM stand pat while T.O. rots in free agency because no one wants to take a risk on him. I'd love it if he never played another down in the NFL. how's he going to feed his family when he can't play football anymore? ;)

Originally posted by Spaceman Spiff

Nothing would satisfy me more than to see every NFL GM stand pat while T.O. rots in free agency because no one wants to take a risk on him. I'd love it if he never played another down in the NFL. how's he going to feed his family when he can't play football anymore? ;)

After what he did in the last week, the only place he's going to rot is at home under suspension for the whole year.

He will not be traded or cut.

Originally posted by Synergist

they are setting T.O up, but again, I don't see them cashing in the entire season to make a point. Without T.O the eagles are a 8-8 team.

This is some serious wishful thinking. The Eagles won two postseason games without TO, and made it to three NFC championship games before he arrived.

Without him we are still the best team in the NFC.

Great QB, RB, Oline, stacked defense from top to bottom. Don't give one player more credit than he deserves.

Archived