Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Excited about the new "Smurfs"

terpfan

With the training camp guys reporting how well Moss, Patten, and Antonio Brown are doing so far, I'm really started to get excited about our WRs this year. At first I was dreading the propects of a WR corps filled with 5'10" receivers. But if Moss, Patten, and Brown can show the speed and hands that they have exhibited so far in camp, I think we could have a very exciting passing game this year. It would be very cool to see these three out on the field at the same time, flying around. That's got to be hard to cover, assuming they can all run good routes and make their catches. Maybe I'm being a little optimistic/homerish, but hey, what are fans for? :D

Anybody else have similiar thoughts about our revamped group of wide outs? :point2sky

I absolutely love it. They arent going to bully corners for jump balls, but oh well. Im sure they will more then make up for it by long interference calls on double moves. I love it. Defenses HAVE to respect the fact we have a quick strike offense. No more sitting back feasting on a hobbled Coles and an inconsistent, slow Rod Gardner.

Moss Patten r on the roster, Brown is playing like his in the running for the #3 spot on the depth chart. Let's see whats the deal with Jacobs if he performs there shouldnt be a problem. And i say the last spot goes to Thrash. McCants is going to have to have the kind of preseason Derrius Thompson did that first year with Spurrier to make the roster I think.

Brown will make the roster... if he doesnt make it for being a reciever, then he will make it for being on special teams. He definatly showed some nice stuff on special teams last year.

People were saying that since hes so fast, corners will have to play very far off of him. Which, actually, will help is 5-10 yeard routes more than long routes. So who knows, if he can catch the ball, he might be a deadly reciever

I buddy of mine just called me after comming back from the skins practice and he said Antonio is one fast dude and makes very nice catches. I mean with Antonio, Patten and Moss in there how the heck can any team stack 8 men in the box? The 5-10 yard comeback routes will be open all day (especially with Ramsey's arm getting the ball out there) because the DBs have to play off the receiver. Portis must be licking his chaps. He only has to go threw the line and maybe beat a LB and he is off.

The thing we have to remember is, when you have speed like these guys do, then you are going to get open. It's not like they are lining up opposite shut down corners every single week of the season. Sure, they will probably have some struggles against some of the more physical receivers and top tier corners, but so does EVERY WR.

Archived