Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

We Should be Leading the Division after Week 1

footballhenry

Cards @ Giants - serious possibility of Cards winning this one as imho, they are extremely improved

Cowboys @ Chargers - if San Diego is anything like last year this one should go to the Chargers.

Eagles @ Falcons - its Monday Night Football and its in Atlanta, Vick will show up

Bears @ Skins - We all should expect to win this game...

So, theres a very realistic and serious possibility of the Skins leading the division after one week.:)

lets hope it can happen, id enjoy it even if only for a week

Washington Redskins 1-0

Philadelphia Eagles 0-1

Dallas Cowboys 0-1

New York Giants 0-1

:cheers:

Originally posted by Tom [Giants fan]

Giants are at home otherwise I would give the Cards a good chance. I don't see them beating the Giants at Giants stadium. And as much as I would love for the Eagles to lose, I doubt it. If anything, the Cowboys could be the only ones at 0-1.

I agree with Tom.

No way are the G-Men going to lose the opener vs the Cards, especially if Warner is the starter. Remember, it was the Giants that messed Warner up in his last season with the Rams. They're not going to allow the "Guy who Manning Replaced" to beat them at home.

Eagles at Atl. A toss up if you ask me. Sometimes the Eagles struggle early in the season. Probably will come down to Vick vs. Mcnabb.

I'd say the Chargers should beat the Boys right now. But again a little too early to make week 1 predictions.

Redskins and Giants are both playing improved teams, but both are games they should win at home.

Eagles game may be closer. Considering this will be indoors, I think the Falcons might pull it off, but who knows. Could go either way.

I think the Cowboys are definitely the most likely to lose considering they are away and the Chargers are pretty tough.

Originally posted by Eagles_Legendz

I could be suprised but you see that typically strong defensive coordinators (Kiffin, JJ) who have quick defenses can contain Vick very easily. Give JJ the entire summer to gameplan for Vick, and I just don't see him dominating the game.

Garunteed there is still T.O. drama goin into week one though.

Itll be a good game and i think it being in Atlanta's dome is a HUGE advantage, Vick is goin to be much quicker and more ellusive then he was in the snowy Linc during the Conference game

Originally posted by SamSneed36

Itll be a good game and i think it being in Atlanta's dome is a HUGE advantage, Vick is goin to be much quicker and more ellusive then he was in the snowy Linc during the Conference game

Speaking of the much quicker Vick...did you guys see him lately? He really trimmed down. He was on NFL Network today and he was looking more fit than I think Ive ever seen him. I think he will have a great year this year.

Originally posted by SamSneed36

I'm sure Vick will be harder to contain in Atlanta, but one must remember that the Eagles are a speed oriented team. They throw the ball a lot, rely on speed on defense, and rely on Westbrook. So, besides the crowd, I don't see the dome being a big advantage for Atlanta.

I'm sure Vick will be harder to contain in Atlanta, but one must remember that the Eagles are a speed oriented team. They throw the ball a lot, rely on speed on defense, and rely on Westbrook. So, besides the crowd, I don't see the dome being a big advantage for Atlanta.

seeing as how the Falcons went 7-1 at home last year, i think its a pretty big advantage. if the same game were in Phili, the edge would go to the Eagles, no question...

I think the turf is more of an advantage to a team that makes their home in the dome, they are used to the feel and are more familiar with how much better they can cut and move on it.

Originally posted by footballhenry

seeing as how the Falcons went 7-1 at home last year, i think its a pretty big advantage. if the same game were in Phili, the edge would go to the Eagles, no question...

Of course they are better in the dome than outside of it, as are all dome teams, but I don't think that tilts the game in Atlanta's favor.

I think Philly will be ready to catch some of Ron Mexico ... aside from when they got wiped out by Tampa on Monday night a few years ago, they have been very dominant and I think Andy Reid will have his team ready to show the nation that T.O. or no T.O, they are still a championship team to be respected.

Arizona has all the talent to beat the Giants, but they are traveling across country to play the G-Men ... so it is anyone's game. If it weren't for Dennis Green ... would anyone be giving Arizona serious consideration? But that goes to his credit that you can't automatically assume that they are an easy win anymore. I still think that the Giants will find a way to mess things up since Arizona's defense was coming on strong at times last year ... they will pick off Manning and win the game.

Dallas vs. Chargers ... what can I say but GO MARTYBALL!!!! Dallas has a new defense and will need to get used to it. I am not sure if their rookies are ready for L.T. If Brees can continue his performance from last year, the Chargers should win. Marty is beatable in the postseason with is teams (when he has been there for a few years) ... not usually in the beginning of the season.

Redskins game ... The bears have played us tough the past few years. Two years ago they beat us there and last year we were in a bunch of 3rd and longs and managed to convert, but we didn't blow them out. If they had had a real QB to play then they may have pulled it off. I look for it to be a closer game than people think because I still haven't seen the new look Ramsey and until I do, I am not going on faith for a blowout. I have drunk the home punch too many years and been burned. Now I will practice cautious optimism ... I do think we will win, but it won't be a blowout and the scoring drive will probably happen at the end of the 3rd quarter or into the 4th.

Archived