Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

EXTREME-LY important update

denverdan

This is a call attention to myself thread: As of tomorrow I will no longer be denverdan of NYC; From now on, I will be know as denverdan of Richmond Virginia.

So what does this have to do with the WASHINGTON REDSKINS the greatest team in the history of all of sports? Well, it has a lot to do with them. I was not lucky enough to be born on sovereign soil and never once in my nearly four decades have I ever lived in REDSKIN country. I was born in Reno Nevada with stints in such NFL cities as Phoenix, SF, LA, Denver, New Orleans, Atlanta, Detroit, Cincinnati and of course NYC. In all of this time, I have seen my beloved REDSKINS many times but never at RFK or FEDEX. If any of you have ever had a long distance relationship, it feels something akin to that, it hurts beyond all measure to be away from something you love soooooooo much. During my youth, the game was on and I had zero chance of watching it. I got a 30 second clip on the 11o-clock news or a blurb in the sportspage come Monday morning. Thank goodness for coach Gibbs who had our team in playoff contention and thus primetime on a consistent basis or I would of never seen them. Once I got to bar age things got easier again, but just imagine if you will, twenty years of full priced beer and a good ten years of full priced NYC beer and never having the satisfaction of watching the game from your own living room, with out the loud mouth jets and giants fans about. Yes there was that one season when I scaled a twenty storied slanted roof, no even the threat of death has deterred me from my team, to install my illegal satellite dish, but that ended in December during the playoffs, I might add, when my girlfriend decided she didn't like Americans who liked America football anymore, good riddance. She wasn't the only one I lost that way. Sorry, I'm starting to veer off the topic

Tomorrow, I will be driving south, I always get a little excited when I pass through DC , I've always dreamed of going to RFK and to FEDEX and of seeing my true love with home field advantage. Most of all, for the first time I will be able to watch my team all season long on a local channel.

To sum this thing up, I will never be a born and bred Virginian but fate, full on fate, has spoken and hence forth I am in the motherland.

Thanks to extremeskins for all the great information, if only you were there when I was a kid. sorry if this is a little choppy the woman who I have put on equal footing as the SKINS is a calling, see all y'all during training camp.

and OH YEAH SWEEP THE stinkin' cowboys.

DD

I grew up in VA (not born there), and I love the area.

Especially NOVA... there is such an atmosphere and love for the Redskins. I actually felt while growing up there that the Redskins was VA's team moreso that DC or Maryland (Maryland being the home of FedEx).

I guess VA is really the Redskins home as much as DC and Maryland since Redskins Park is in Ashburn,VA.

Congrats, man:cheers:

Reno, NV huh? I've lived in Carson City my entire life and up until a few years ago when I started buying the Sunday Ticket package, I felt the same way. I used to watch every 49ers game just hoping for them to break in with a Skins update.

Anyhow, good luck at your new home.

Welcome to Richmond from a Richmonder, born and bred here. I've lived here all my life (except for 5yrs in the U.S. Navy). I'm a terrible homer. 'Skins, Capitals, United, and now Nationals (formerly Braves, Richmond is their AAA affiliate.)

Originally posted by authentic

There used to be a nice atmosphere here in Baltimore for the Redskins, ofcourse during the Superbowl era.. But now that we have the Purple jail BIRDS, the environment has changed.. you have me considering moving closer south.

:laugh: Do it! :thumbsup:

welcome to virginia man, redskins country is the best country of all. im not so sure there are more redskins fans in maryland than there are jailbirds fans, mainly because of baltimore, but virginia is most definitely redskins country.

Welcome to the RVA, b*tch! :)

Glad to have you here...hopefully you are not a Yankees fan and will come to appreciate the Braves, or at least the Nationals, too.

You're definitely in the heart of Redskins country now. The only disappointing thing is that the local media coverage of the 'Skins is pretty p*ss-poor. Paul Woody (aka "Captain Obvious") is the local beat writer. If you ever read anything in his column you didn't already know from perusing Extremeskins, it'll be a godd*mn miracle.

There is a Skins show during the season on the Sportstalk radio 910 that is pretty decent though.

Thanks everyone; I adapt to my surroundings, this has been an easy transitition. Did you know that they don't have wafflehouses north of maryland? Maryland by the way is a split state, always has been, Virginia on the other hand is solid REDSKIN country, one day the jailbirds will move away and the territory will revert back to its rightfull owner.

Iheart- NYC is a great place, but its also a love/hate kinda place, I will always love it, I've left it twice now, it kinda feels like getting out of prison, I hope I only have to go back as a visitor.

redskns56- glad to hear that there is a fellow NEVADAN out there. If the rest of you were NEVADANS, first of all you would know how to say it right, no one east of the friggin' mississippi can and 2nd of all, you would hate the 49whiners, 2nd only to the cowpies. Carson City is even smaller than Reno so I feel for you, But as far as I'm concerned the REDSKINS are the greatest team in the world but NEVADA is the greatest place and I miss it so much more than I could ever miss NYC.

Buddha - on monument, for now, very close to Arthur Ashe & the braves stadium, the inlaws have taken me in.

Gothtimus - You shouldn't hold grudges, its been at least two month now, let it go, I said I was sorry already.

McMetal - I detest the yankees. Maybe while I'm here, I can convince you that it is morally wrong to bet against the SKINS.

TC4 - Fox 35 is set on my favorite channel.

bluegene & mooby - welcome to extremeskins

Archived