Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Hustle & Flow

Clutch03

Has anyone else seen this movie yet? I saw it on Saturday and was worth the price of admission. It is easily the BIGGEST surprise of the year when it comes to movies. At first I had no reason to want to see this movie at all but I kept reading really good reviews from various sources. So I chose to go see Hustle & Flow over the Wedding Crashers (yes it was a gamble on my part but it proved to work out in my favor).

This movie really draws you in … it goes beyond just him trying to make it in the hip hop business. It’s really his last stab at doing anything of real importance with his life. I suggest you go check this movie out … I promise you will be presently surprised.

Originally posted by Hooper

I hear good things. And that Terrence Howard will probably get an Oscar nomination for it.

He definitely deserves a consideration. I mean anyone who can get you to root for a pimp is a pretty good actor in my book. :laugh:

Another pleasant surprise in this movie is the casting. I thought the skinny white guy from “Road Trip” would be out of place in this movie but he fit right in. Anthony Anderson played a convincing role also.

I’ve looked around and I have not seen a bad review for this movie yet.

Originally posted by The Showstopper

im sure it was a good movies, but choosing it over wedding crashers??????

I figured that Wedding Crashers would be funny any way I saw it, whether it was at the movie, on DVD, or even on bootleg. I was skeptical about Hustle & Flow so I figured if it’s not that great maybe being in the theatre would help the situation out. I don’t know if that reasoning makes any sense but I happy with my decision.

Oh and Taryn Manning played a perfect role as poor white trash. The surprise performance though is the skinny white kid from Road trip. He’ll easily be one of your favorite characters.

Originally posted by Clutch03

Has anyone else seen this movie yet? I saw it on Saturday and was worth the price of admission. It is easily the BIGGEST surprise of the year when it comes to movies. At first I had no reason to want to see this movie at all but I kept reading really good reviews from various sources. So I chose to go see Hustle & Flow over the Wedding Crashers (yes it was a gamble on my part but it proved to work out in my favor).

This movie really draws you in … it goes beyond just him trying to make it in the hip hop business. It’s really his last stab at doing anything of real importance with his life. I suggest you go check this movie out … I promise you will be presently surprised.

i chose wedding crashers and very happy i did :D

Originally posted by jbooma

i chose wedding crashers and very happy i did :D

:laugh: I don't blame you Wedding Crashers is very safe bet! I will probably check that out this weekend. So I suggest you check out Hustle and Flow this weekend also. :D

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Just watched this movie last night. To me, it didn't live up to the expectations I had for it, but I still enjoyed it. I would recommend Netflixing it or getting it from Blockbuster.

I hear good things. And that Terrence Howard will probably get an Oscar nomination for it.

He definitely a good job, but Oscar nomination worthy? I'm not sure...there have been a lot of good performances this year...he was very convincing as a Southern pimp.

Oh and Taryn Manning played a perfect role as poor white trash. The surprise performance though is the skinny white kid from Road trip. He’ll easily be one of your favorite characters.

He was actually my least favorite person in the movie...:2cents: Taryn Manning was very good...plus she's hot and you get to see one of her boobs! :D :D :D

The main problem I had with it was that the plot was pretty lackluster. It never really roped me in...there are some "twists" in the plot, but you have to wait until literally the end of the movie to find out about them. But it was still good. There are however some plotlines that kind of go nowhere, and some stuff that just kind of happens, without being built up or alluded to.

*******SPOILER**********

For example, when Howard kisses the pregnant chick. That sort of happened really fast, but there was no tension between them or anything. Not that is necessarily a bad thing, but its good to develop relationships in a movie, not just spring them on the audience.

*******SPOILER**********

For example, when Howard kisses the pregnant chick. That sort of happened really fast, but there was no tension between them or anything. Not that is necessarily a bad thing, but its good to develop relationships in a movie, not just spring them on the audience.

Hmmm....I actually thought that they developed the Terrence Howard/Taraji Henson relationship pretty well, at least the devotion on her end so it was nice to see him come to realize what she meant to him. The movie was pretty good. I really felt for Terrence's character though the movie had a fairly objectionable message about "who's in charge" that I won't bother to address...

Besides, the flick features two (2) proud HU Bison: Taraji Henson and Anthony Anderson.

Archived