Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL.com Poll (Ramsey included)

not a lot of love for us =| but thats the way id prolly pick it if i was a fan of another team , kyle boller has some WR help also this year and most people seem to think we downgraded our WRs , altho im confident we will have better WR and QB production i can see how someone not being a skin fan would put us last .......and whoever said ramsey will have 30TDs and 17 INTs .....im down for the 30 TDs but damn the INTs are too high =\

Wow -- I'm very surprised by the Harrington vote. Have these folks actually seen the Lions play recently? Harrington has been seriously stinking up the joint.

He does have 3 stand out receivers; I just don't see that making the difference for him this year.

And Boller. BOLLER. What the he11 is wrong with these people.

Honestly -- and I love Ramsey, couldn't wish for anyone to succeed more than him -- but he has not proven that he is capable of being a great QB in the NFL either.

Here is hoping that he truly does breakout this year and prove all the critics wrong.

:cheers:

Originally posted by CHUBAKAH

Looks about right to me.

Are you serious? I can understand some of the rest above Pat. But Kyle Boller? Pat is way better than Boller. At least when Pat got Coles he Coles still got over 1000 yards receiving. Kevin Johnson was a 1000 yard receiver in Cleveland, but when he got to B-more and hooked up with Kyle, Johnson was a nobody. The same will happen to Mason. Kyle Boller over Ramsey get out of here!!!!

Palmer or Leftwich.

Harrington is a bust. I don't care that he has 3 all world young wideouts. I don't think he'll ever amount to anything.

I'm cautiously optimistic regarding Ramsey, but I don't think he will be as good as Leftwich or Palmer this season.

Ramsey will be better this year. And improving from the end of last year will be just what we need. He will have a better O line, and more consistant receiving corps, more effective running back, and much more confidence. Matter of fact that is the one thing that has been the most surprising thing to players like Rabach and Portis this year at camp so far is the confidence and leadership that Ramsey is showing. Gibbs will put him in position to win doing the things that Gibbs knows he can do well. THAT is why Ramsey is going to be the most improved.

Ramsey has no pocket presence. Until he can feel pressure coming and step up in the pocket at the right times and deliver the ball with confidence he's gonna be the same old Patrick Ramsey.

Plus I can't stand McNair. He's injury prone, not tough. So many other QBs play through injury and don't complain.

It was a generally bad QB class.

Harrington isn't very good.

Boller, I don't think, is very good.

We can say its because of their "tools" but come on. A real QB can make things happen, he doesnt need 3 top round wideouts to do it.

Ramsey still produced last season despite having almost no one to throw to.

Carr still produced and he is on an expansion team, with just weapons in Andre Johnson and Dominick Davis...

Boller and Harrington have had their oppurtunitys. Boller has never been a high percentage passer. He's just a kid with a good arm.

I have to go with Palmer for the simple fact that he has the most tools to do so. He has a returning RB with a first rounder for depth, and three quality WR's to throw to.

It's strange to see Marvin Lewis with such a bad defense, relying on the arm of a QB to win games for them. Very Dungy-esque on a smaller scale.

All this blind love for Leftwich.. it makes me laugh.

we criticize others for not seeing the forest for the trees when it comes to folks mis-stating about our team, let's try to see Leftwich without the rose colored glasses.

his team is .500 thanks to the defense. Last year they won more than five games in which they only scored one time, two of those were on the final drive of the game.

Based on what we've actually SEEN from Leftwich, I find it very hard to believe that suddenly, out of the blue, he's going to step up and break out. The team he plays for is not suited to him breaking out of anything.

They run and play defense, and will continue to run and play defense.

If 16-22TDs is a breakout year, then by all means sign me up for Leftwich, too.

~Bang

Originally posted by rteich17

Ramsey has no pocket presence. Until he can feel pressure coming and step up in the pocket at the right times and deliver the ball with confidence he's gonna be the same old Patrick Ramsey.

Plus I can't stand McNair. He's injury prone, not tough. So many other QBs play through injury and don't complain.

...don't confuse pocket presence with holding the ball to long and trying to make something from nothing. There will be less of nothing this year and less need to hold the ball to long. More recievers in patterns is going to help this problem alot.

and by the way...you need a pocket to have presence to begin with...

Originally posted by sweet daddy

OK...I'll bite

CHUBAKAH wants to marry boonell.

Boller must be handing out kickbacks not to be dead last in the NFL.com poll. He has to lob his five yard curl.

There a reason to mention my name in this thread?

Originally posted by Bosko

Jimmy Smith is still the best deep threat in the league.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Dude, hook me up with whatever you are smoking!!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

And as far as being perfectly fair to Boller, with Derrick Mason and a healthy Todd Heap, he'll have some very nice targets to throw to. Remember, Brees broke out mostly because he had Antonio Gates; and when healthy, Heap is just as good as he is.

Archived