Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL.com Poll (Ramsey included)

Guest amaprius

I would vote Ramsey, Harrington, Boller and the rest....Leftwich doesnt count...He had a breakout year already. Carr has alot of potential and I think it will stay that way. Palmer stinks.

Harrington has alot of weapons to throw to now but they may need a year to get on the same page.

Boller I have to root for....I am a Mountaineer.

Originally posted by belle

Good luck with David Patten. It doesn't matter who the QB is, the guy drops balls.

Does anyone know where to get drop stats? I went on NFL.com but ofcourse they don't keep them. Just curious to see what belle is talking about. I never really paid much attention to Patten until we picked him up. As far as my vote, I'm with Jay Master Jay. I hope that Ramsey is going to be, but to me Harrington just has too many targets not to be.

Originally posted by Loki

I have to go with Harrington, too many weapons....

Agreed. I know the vast majority of us here are diehard redskin fans, which no doubt has clouded some of your choices, but you have to look at what Harrington has to throw to. He has 4 high first rounders to throw to: Roy Williams, Mike Williams, Charles Rodgers, and Kevin Jones. Not to mention his newly acquired T/E, Pollack and veteran wr, Kevin Johnson. Looking at the recievers that we have, I can't say that we have any that are in at least the second tier. We lost the only one we had last year. All we have are a bunch of unknowns (Taylor, Moss, McCants,). I'm not basing my selection on just qb skill, but rather the weapons in which he has to throw to. Is Ramsey better than Harrington? No "Bout a doubt" it. But the sad truth of the matter is Ramsey isn't so good that he'll make our average recievers look any better than they are. I just hope I'm wrong.

Ramsey's at the bottom of the list because Gibbs drafted a QB in the first round. Most non-Redskin fans (and some non-non-Redskin fans) take that as a big vote of no-confidence from Gibbs. I think Boller's terrible, but even he has apparently got his coach's full support.

Palmer has the weapons around him to be successful next season. You could see his confidence growing over the course of the last half of last season.

Harrington has a chance to attain success as well considering the plethora of young talent surrounding him at the skill positions, but for some reason I envision Jeff Garcia at some point assuming the reins for the Lions.

Originally posted by laurent

Given the weapons Detroit has on offense I don't see how anybody could not vote for him.

Because he simply isn't a very good QB? Or maybe because his OL isn't very good?

He can have the best WR Corps in the League, but if he can't get the ball delivered it means nothing...

I thought Palmer broke out last year, I think the kid is going to be a pretty good Qb. It is kind of shocking that the Bengals D is terrible, considering the HC.

My homer pick is PR, I just believe in the kid.

My next choice would be Carr.

I don't think Harrington will keep his job.

I think Leftwich is a big statue. Has a strong arm, but thats all I see. If the Jags had any kind of offense ( a lot like us, huh ) they would have been a real threat in the AFC.

I am not going to be hard on Boller, I think the kid can play and will suprise some folks.

Originally posted by Monkart

I'm not saying 40,000 are wrong, but 26.8% are not all there, and 8.4% need to be institutionalized !! OFF the streets those people scare me running around loose.:laugh: :laugh:

I have to agree there...and some of those 8.6% are probably the same ones who buy Hubestank CDs.

And think they are good.

I think we have to define "breakout" year.

I firmly believe that our man PAT will have anywhere from a "good" to "great" year with the Redskins this season.

But, it is unfair to think that NONE of the others will also have "good" to "great" years.

Originally posted by Henry

Ramsey's at the bottom of the list because Gibbs drafted a QB in the first round. Most non-Redskin fans (and some non-non-Redskin fans) take that as a big vote of no-confidence from Gibbs. I think Boller's terrible, but even he has apparently got his coach's full support.

So are you going on record that you DON'T think Joe took Campbell because he has little faith in Ramsey.

IMO that is EXACTLY why he grabbed him, and most of the fans I know [outside this board] also feel that way.

In the words of Janet Jackson, "What have you done for me lately?"

After Peyton Manning and Brady the rest are all in one pack.

Ramsey will not have a breakout year, but he will be able to run the offense very well. He doesnt have to be great just good.

The skins dont need a miracle worker QB just one that produces efficient games.

Originally posted by CHUBAKAH

So are you going on record that you DON'T think Joe took Campbell because he has little faith in Ramsey.

IMO that is EXACTLY why he grabbed him, and most of the fans I know [outside this board] also feel that way.

In the words of Janet Jackson, "What have you done for me lately?"

...see, e.g., Doug Williams and Mark Rypian...

• 2 weeks later...

Archived