Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Michelle Wie 3 under par at the John Deer Classic

jbooma

Originally posted by jbooma

She had 4 bogeys today but almost had an eagle though!!! yes her putting isn't the best but we are talking about a 15 year old, mind you I do not think a 15 year old boy has ever done what she did today.

Wie is going to change golf as we know it. I hope she goes out and wins the mens amateur event so she plays at Auagusta, now that would be funny.

That's because the Tour would never give a 15 year old boy a sponsor's exemption. He'd actually have to earn his chance to go out there. Tiger was doing a lot more on the amateur circuit than she is when he was her age. Let's wait until she actually does something before we anoint her a golf revolutionary. She can drive the ball as far as she wants, but until she gets a short game, she's going to be nothing more than the female Hank Kuehne.

Originally posted by Fatty P For The Pulitzer

That's because the Tour would never give a 15 year old boy a sponsor's exemption. He'd actually have to earn his chance to go out there. Tiger was doing a lot more on the amateur circuit than she is when he was her age. Let's wait until she actually does something before we anoint her a golf revolutionary. She can drive the ball as far as she wants, but until she gets a short game, she's going to be nothing more than the female Hank Kuehne.

So how would you feel if she makes the cut then?

It'll probably be worse for her, because it'll just add on to the expectations people are going to put on her. If she misses the cut, people will say "oh well, she's just a 15 year old girl, now she can go back and play people of her own caliber again". But if she makes the cut, then she'll get more exemptions and people will start to assume she should do that regularly on Tour, and when she doesn't, the criticism starts coming in. And as a 15 year old girl, that will overwhelm her. They're pushing her into the spotlight way too fast, the risk of failure is far greater than the reward from making a cut amongst a bunch of C players (because let's be honest here, if this was the Players or the Memorial, she'd be in the bottom 10 right now).

I hope she doesn't make the cut because I'm sick of hearing about her being some kind of golf messiah. She's a 15 year old who has a long drive. She just hasn't done enough amongst her peers for me to care about her. I'm not high on "potential superstars". Kwame Brown was supposed to be a superstar for the Wizards. Ryan Leaf was supposed to be a superstar for the Chargers. Trying to find future superstars at this early an age has hurt sports more than it has helped, imo.

Originally posted by Ghost of Nibbs McPimpin

Damn, my attempt at sick humor was ignored. DARN!

:)

i didn't understand it to now, you dirty old man :laugh:

but she is a good looking girl for her age and will be very pretty when she gets older, i still can't believe she is 15 years old!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by jbooma

The cut line is -2 so if she shoots -1 today she will make the cut!!!!!!

JL Lewis is in the clubhouse at -13, and with the enormous crowd at E to -2, it could easily drop to -3 (about 30 players on the course or not teed off yet at E, -1, and -2, with 50 players at -3 and better). Your girl is going to need to have the round of her life, I don't think she has it in her yet to have 2 straight under par rounds on a PGA course.

Originally posted by Fatty P For The Pulitzer

JL Lewis is in the clubhouse at -13, and with the enormous crowd at E to -2, it could easily drop to -3 (about 30 players on the course or not teed off yet at E, -1, and -2, with 50 players at -3 and better). Your girl is going to need to have the round of her life, I don't think she has it in her yet to have 2 straight under par rounds on a PGA course.

I think like Tiger they are going to keep it at -2 so she can have a shot.

I play and i love golf...

IF Annika can't do it I'm not betting on anything short of middle of the pack at best for any woman golfer...

a monster drive is needed for any woman golfer to just start...

then they need everything else equal to it...

I applaud her for trying..

I will really applaud her if she breaks the top 20.

Off to a good start, a birdie on the first hole now -2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She started on the back 9, don't know if she did that yesterday or not, if not this will help her since he was -4 on the back 9 yesterday.

i like her attitude when she said it took her 4 tries to make the cut on the LPGA so she is looking forward to her next try on the PGA

She will make it, by the way the men said they were shocked how good her shortgame was for someone that age.

Tiger won his tourcard not through school but on exemptions :D

If she didn't' have that one mess up she would have made the cut, very impressive. One of the PGA guys that have won a major was amazed by her.

Archived