Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Owens to Oakland? Anything New?

ross3909

Has anyone heard anything more about this story? From what it sounds like Oakland is going to have a sick receiving corps if it works out.

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/sports/06302005_sp_owenstrade.html

"There are reports a trade is in the works with the Oakland Raiders. Owens would go to Oakland for wide receiver Jerry Porter.

T.O. may be trade bait because he wants the Eagles to give him more money.

If he goes to Oakland, the Raiders would have two of the best wide receivers in the NFL: Terrell Owens, and Randy Moss.

Yesterday, Moss told reporters he could co-exist with T.O. as long as he got the number of passes he deserves."

:eaglesuck :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Originally posted by ross3909

Has anyone heard anything more about this story? From what it sounds like Oakland is going to have a sick receiving corps if it works out.

"There are reports a trade is in the works with the Oakland Raiders. Owens would go to Oakland for wide receiver Jerry Porter.

If he goes to Oakland, the Raiders would have two of the best wide receivers in the NFL: Terrell Owens, and Randy Moss.

Yesterday, Moss told reporters he could co-exist with T.O. as long as he got the number of passes he deserves."

Moss said that like a week ago

Oakland can't afford Owens and Moss.

Even though that combo would give Norval some wet dreams.

If Philly is serious about trading him....and they don't mind the NFC.

I think the Falcons could offer maybe Price and Duckett or something.

Get a WR and some RB depth for their seriously depleted RB corp.

This trade ain't happening according to NFL.com.....

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/8612044

A rumor that makes as much sense as Philip Rivers to the 49ers for the No. 1 overall pick has made its rounds on the Internet: Terrell Owens to the Raiders for Jerry Porter.

Due to salary-cap constraints -- suffocating ones -- the trade could not be completed, no way.

Whether it is going to happen or able to happen or whatever in my opinion I would be a little scared if the Eagles made this trade, everyone in here is talking about how awesome the Raiders would be but do you all forget how good and young Porter is????

you put him with Lewis, Stinkston, LJ Smith, and Westbrook out of the backfield that is bad news for us.

As good as TO is the Skins D Owned him last year, I dont want a younger guy with alot to prove to go to my division rival.

So I guess no further news on the deal? It would be a solid hit to the Eagles Offense leaving them with little talent at receiver.

I absolutely hate sticking up for the Eagles, but I'm getting tired of everyone saying the Eagles are going to be terrible without TO at receiver.

They made it to the NFC championship game 3 years in a row without TO! And when they finally won the NFC Champinoship game, it was without TO.

Greg Lewis is emerging just as much if not more than Taylor Jacobs is, and a lot of people here (including myself) think he's going to have a huge year. And Stinkston did it as the number 1 for 3 years, why not again? I think there is going to be much less of a fall-off in production than everyone thinks. Plus, while Porter hasn't really lived up to it, he's got a buttload of potential. He showed some signs of it last year (while burning Chump for 3 TDs.)

Anyway, I hate the Eagles, but for now they are the dominant team in the NFC. With or without TO.

Originally posted by jrockster77

Anyway, I hate the Eagles, but for now they are the dominant team in the NFC. With or without TO.

Agreed.

From a team chemistry perspective, they may be better off without Owens.

:eaglesuck

Send his ass to oakland...gets him out of the NFC East....It won't be long before him TO and randy get into a fight over getting enough receptions.

Archived