Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

AP: (WTF?) POLICE PROBE SHOOTING AT REDSKINS PLAYER'S PARTY (Arrington)

Dead Money

Police Probe Shooting At Redskins Player's Party (Arrington) 12:05 PM

Jun 28, 2005 12:05 pm US/Eastern

Gambrills, MD. (AP) Anne Arundel County police are investigating the weekend shooting of a security guard at a pool party in Anne Arundel County hosted by Washington Redskins linebacker LaVar Arrington and San Francisco 49ers linebacker Julian Peterson.

Arrington rented the spacious home near Gambills for the party, as first reported by WUSA-9.

James Sidney, 35, of Hyattsville, who was working security at the party, was shot when he intervened in a scuffle early Sunday morning, police said. He was flown to Shock Trauma in Baltimore and listed in serious, but stable, condition later in the day.

No one has been charged in the shooting or the fight, police said Tuesday.

Investigators don't believe Arrington was anywhere near the fight and shooting, although he was present at the party, said police spokesman Lt. Joseph Jordan.

Officers responded to noise complaints at the house twice Saturday evening -- just before 8 p.m. and again just before

midnight, Jordan said.

During the second visit, someone who identified himself as Arrington told an officer he was shutting the party down, Jordan said. But officers were still at the home, making sure people left, when the scuffle broke out and Sidney was shot.

Jordan said some people at the party were handcuffed and questioned but later released.

LINK TO ARTICLE

Heard this on the news this morning and was surprised the board was not all "a-buzz" with a LaVar character assassination.

I didn't post anything because, frankly, I've reached my gun talk limit for the year.

p.s.

During the second visit, someone who identified himself as Arrington told an officer he was shutting the party down, Jordan said. But officers were still at the home, making sure people left, when the scuffle broke out and Sidney was shot.

You mean to tell me the cops couldn't recognize LaVar?

posted on June-28th-2005 03:04 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just heard on WMAL that Arrington and a firearm shooting are linked.. (in the story) At no point was it said he had ANYTHING to do with it...

Kinda like Taylor didnt either....

Hope its a coincidence....

(its been 30 minutes and i cant find anything in print).......

O.K. i just heard it again about the house he's renting? in Arlington and some guy is in the hospital...

Thanks thought i was going crazy

Originally posted by johnjack

The local Channel 9 said that Arrington was not a suspect in the shooting after hyping it as the lead story at noon.

that great and all, but honestly, I don't care... Taylor and Arrington are two of the biggest faces and names associated with this team and just the simple fact that they were at places were guns were drawn and shots fired, etc is disgusting.

Archived