Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I just got my SAT scores!

Warhead36

I was one of the first people(I suppose)to take the new format SAT with the essay which is out of 2400 points, and I got a....

*drumroll*

I guess it isn't bad but I thought I did better. It is proportional to an 1126 on the old SAT so I guess that is okay but I thought I could nail at least a 1700-1800. But it isn't bad considering I took no prep classes or anything to review.

You should take a prep class and then take it again. Those classes really make a difference (which is one of the many reasons that I think the SAT is a total scam... but that's another story.)

Fair or not, your SAT score will make a huge difference in where you can go to college.

Actually, I don't think the SATs will count as much this year because of the transfer to the new one; colleges have nothing to base it off of. Hopefully they'll take the old one, too, because while I did really well on both, I did better on the old one (60 pts. on math+verbal). When you're trying to boost your score from where you're at, prep classes make a difference.

Congrats man! Should be high enough for state Universities. Not sure about private schools, though. From what I remember those are a bit tougher.

Somehow I got into some good schools with a 1260. Must have been the essay:laugh:

I'm trying to get into George Mason or James Madison. Yeah I know, they're private, but I like my chances.

I know for sure I won't get into UVA, I may try UMD as well but out of state will be a *****.

I may take a prep class over the summer and take the SAT again this October, or I may not. I hate having to examinate for four hours in the AM. :(

Originally posted by Warhead36

I'm trying to get into George Mason or James Madison. Yeah I know, they're private, but I like my chances.

I know for sure I won't get into UVA, I may try UMD as well but out of state will be a *****.

I may take a prep class over the summer and take the SAT again this October, or I may not. I hate having to examinate for four hours in the AM. :(

Mason and Madison are both public universities.

Heh you should be able to get into JMU on those scores...that is of course unless they've upped their expectations. God my SAT scores sucked 1090 I think. Anyway I got in, but that may have been b/c my brother went there too, I think it's easier to get in if you have a legacy there already, of course I can be mistaken on that too.

Originally posted by Warhead36

Take them again, you have a good shot at JMU and GMU (assuming high GPA) but A friend of mine had 3.9 and 1250 and was rejected from JMU and VT, so try and improve it can't hurt.

Originally posted by Liberty

Take them again, you have a good shot at JMU and GMU (assuming high GPA) but A friend of mine had 3.9 and 1250 and was rejected from JMU and VT, so try and improve it can't hurt.

Holy jeebus. Those schools rejected a 3.9?

I know kids who got into both schools my senior year (class of 2000) with 3.1.

How times have changed

Originally posted by SkinsHokieFan

Holy jeebus. Those schools rejected a 3.9?

I know kids who got into both schools my senior year (class of 2000) with 3.1.

How times have changed

I know it kinda of humbles me when I get in with a 3.6/1340 I could have easily been rejected from schools I considered safties.

both JMU and VT were more on the safety side, seems like in the last 3 years since ive applied they have upped it up.

I had an 1150/3.7 and I easily got into both, and both were my safeties.

Isifhan, I understand what you mean about legacies, but legacies only apply in schools that stand out as higher level schools. What I mean, is schools like the Ivy's, or even UVA, Stanford, UCLA, and private schools will like legacies, but i doubt places like JMU would care about legacies as up til a decade ago they were pretty low on the radar it seems.

Archived