Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is the Jim Rome show.............

Uptown Skins

Guest Gichin13

Him having "Chrissie Evert" on his TV show is an all time favorite of mine though ... as well as Jim Everett jacking him up ...

Originally posted by Gichin13

Him having "Chrissie Evert" on his TV show is an all time favorite of mine though ... as well as Jim Everett jacking him up ...

:laugh:

I honestly can't believe hes still in the business. When everett jacked him up, I thought his career was over.

That is the only thing I will remember Jim Rome for.

What I can't stand is the need for him to stroke his ego by airing people who write down their little spiels and then soundoff on the radio... for which he "racks" the ones he likes. He essentially gets off on people calling his show and talking like him. What a waste of airtime.

Originally posted by FranklinNoble

I dunno... I used to have a hard time with him, but now I kinda like his show. Maybe because all the crap here in Sacramento is so bad by comparison...

So, you live in Sacramento? Will you be joining the rest of the Skin's fans at Mandango's this year for the games?

Dang, allot of Rome haters here. i listen to him everyday (or as often as it comes in) at work. I can't get enough. I'm proud to say that I'm a "clone," aka dedicated listener. If you listen to ESPN Radio, you may even notice that he's got sports news before the others do.

As for you Uptown, sorry i can't help ya. I tried to google, and couldnt find a DC listing.

I can see how Rome isn't for all tastes. He doesn't really do it for me. He has a tendency to have these long pauses between saying anything. The other thing that bugs the everloving hell out of me is when he plays a funny/controversial clip over and over and over again. Its funny the first 3 times.....after that, its really annoying.

I used to like 'Papa Joe Chevalier' - not to hijack the thread - but anyone know if he's still on the air? My local sports radio station dropped him.

Originally posted by DieselPwr44

Who's worse: Rome or that Skins' basher Czaban?

Czaban wasnt always a skins basher though right? Only after Gibbs stopped working with him for broadcasts I thought. Didn't he even acknowledge extremeskins online as well as the bangtoons?

The Jim Everett thing is still one of the hilarious things I have ever seen on a talk show!

Originally posted by Mr. S

Czaban wasnt always a skins basher though right? Only after Gibbs stopped working with him for broadcasts I thought. Didn't he even acknowledge extremeskins online as well as the bangtoons?

The Jim Everett thing is still one of the hilarious things I have ever seen on a talk show!

gibbs stopped working with him b/c czaban was saying gibbs was in it for the money, had no clue how to coach anymore etc. basically the same stuff he's always been saying. gibbs just got fed up with him.

Regarding the "Chrissie Everette" episode with Rome, I always thought that was staged. Really. How many people ever heard of Rome before that? He set something up to get his name out there and he's been out there ever since (unfortunately). He owes his career to Jim Everette.

I'm OUT! Rack me!

H

Archived