Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anyone want to chat with Drew Rosenhaus? (Changed to 5:30pm)

Dead Money

http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=8351

Chat with sports agent Drew Rosenhaus

Welcome to The Show! On Tuesday, sports agent Drew Rosenhaus will be stopping by to take your questions. Although not always the most popular guy with the owners he negotiates with (or with fans, either), Rosenhaus is the cream of the crop of sports agents. He regularly negotiates extremely lucrative deals for his clients, making his mark in the non-guaranteed-contract world of the NFL.

Among his many clients is Terrell Owens, currently the subject of quite a lot of offseason attention as he seeks a new deal from the Philadelphia Eagles.

So what is Rosenhaus' story? He'll be here to answer in his own words on Tuesday, fielding your questions. So get the other side of the story, from one of the people charged with looking out for the players who provide entertainment. Drew will be here at 5 p.m. ET on Tuesday, but you can send your questions now and join us then!

SportsNation Buzzmaster: (4:49 PM ET ) Hellooooooo! OK, uber agent Drew Rosenhaus will be here soon . . . keep those questions coming!

Jason (Maryland): What's the deal with Sean Taylor? Aggravated assault? What's next for him?

Drew Rosenhaus : (5:19 PM ET ) What's next is training camp. He will be in camp. He will have a great year and go to the Pro Bowl. I'm confident the present issues will be handled professionally and he will be able to focus on football.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Originally posted by Nuwanda

Jason (Maryland): What's the deal with Sean Taylor? Aggravated assault? What's next for him?

Drew Rosenhaus : (5:19 PM ET ) What's next is training camp. He will be in camp. He will have a great year and go to the Pro Bowl. I'm confident the present issues will be handled professionally and he will be able to focus on football.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I don't think that is really that funny. He is in a much better position to make a claim like that than anyone here on this board..............

................heh, heh, except Andyman of course! :paranoid:

Nate (philly): Hey Drew,I heard you have no soul.... is this true?

Drew Rosenhaus : (5:24 PM ET ) That is absurd. I am successful because I have a big soul and big heart. I love the NFL and respect the fans. I was a fan before I was an agent. I care deeply about my clients and my committment to them and their families. I hope I enhance the product and help players with their careers. I certainly have a soul. I'm a very caring person with a very close knit family.

Now that's funny. I don't care who you are, that's funny! :laugh:

You got to give him credit for answering questions though. It doesn't look like he's only picking the easy ones.

I asked him why Sean Taylor won't return Gibb's phone calls. I doubt he'll answer that one though.

Originally posted by Zuck

You got to give him credit for answering questions though. It doesn't look like he's only picking the easy ones.

I asked him why Sean Taylor won't return Gibb's phone calls. I doubt he'll answer that one though.

I've asked him several questions about the Redskins, including two about ST, and one about the Postons and the Arrington situation.

Originally posted by jrockster77

I've asked him several questions about the Redskins, including two about ST, and one about the Postons and the Arrington situation.

Did you ask him how the renegotiation of Sean Taylor's contract is working out?

:laugh:

Drew Rosenhaus : (5:46 PM ET ) I think a lot of Dan. I admire him. He has a fierce drive to win. He has a great understanding of personnel. He is a very likeable individual. He is a fun person to be around. We have played racquetball together! He is one of my favorite people to deal with. It's fun to negotiate with him. As far as how he is portrayed, he should be portrayed as a great owner who the players respect and spares no expense in trying to win.

Dom (Bay Area): Deal you're most proud of, and deal you wish you had a second chance to negotiate.

Drew Rosenhaus : (5:49 PM ET ) The deal I'm most proud of is Clinton Portis. We renegotiated after two years and was the highest paid player in history at the RB position. He was only two years into the league before he gained that status. As far as going back, none come to mind.

Sean (Washington DC): Drew, what's your favorite comic book?

Drew Rosenhaus : (5:50 PM ET ) Probably Conan The Barbarian No. 1. Also Batman year 1. It deals with his transformation into Batman, his training, his discipline, dedication, etc. I love Conan because of his fierce style. He is relentless.

Drew Rosenhaus : (5:51 PM ET ) My favorites right now are Batman, Daredevil, Justice League, Avengers .. I'm reading about 15 active books right now.. The Walking Dead is another one ..

Drew Rosenhaus : (5:51 PM ET ) People wonder why this guy in a suit and tie is reading comic books! I get a kick out of it.

He reads comics! I resent the guy a little less now. :)

fg (dc): what are you advsing Sean taylor on now? Very talented player but his off field performance has to make your job much harder.

Drew Rosenhaus : (5:55 PM ET ) I have the ultimate confidence in Sean as a player and person. His situation will be rectified. The only advice I am giving him is to work hard with the professionals around him and to keep his chin up. I intend to stay with him every step of the way. We will work our way through this.

Archived