Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moving - Need Help Finding A Redskins Bar Near Atlanta.

I am moving from Pittsburgh, PA. There I could drive, albeit 4 Hours, to go to some Redskin games. Now I am moving to Alpharetta, GA a suburb of Atlanta, GA and I haven't a clue how I am going to get my Redskin fix! Hopefully someone here lives near there and can direct me to some Bars that play the Redskin games, and are considered Redskin Bars. I am dreading listening to Falcon Fans ramble on about Ron Mexico, because I might have to let loose on how much I dislike Mr. Mexico as a Quarterback. Please help!

Originally posted by Blue Collar Skins

I am moving from Pittsburgh, PA. There I could drive, albeit 4 Hours, to go to some Redskin games. Now I am moving to Alpharetta, GA a suburb of Atlanta, GA and I haven't a clue how I am going to get my Redskin fix! Hopefully someone here lives near there and can direct me to some Bars that play the Redskin games, and are considered Redskin Bars. I am dreading listening to Falcon Fans ramble on about Ron Mexico, because I might have to let loose on how much I dislike Mr. Mexico as a Quarterback. Please help!

Will the "Sunday Ticket" on Directv be an option?:falconsuc

Good luck finding a bar... but if possible, definitely get the sunday ticket. It's a whole lot cheaper than going to a bar every sunday, and a whole lot better, too (depends on your age I guess. :) )

And also, be prepared for a wealth of 'scenery' in Atlanta. The women there are smokin.... and lots of 'em too.

errr... come to think of it, you might want to find a bar after all. :cheers:

BCS, I don't know of too many Redskins' bars here. There used to be one right downtown but the place has closed down now.

But, I'm setting up my Redskins room at my house. You'd be more than welcome to hang out and watch the games there. I'm currently in the process of finishing up the room. I have a 100" Screen with my projector running my TV and XBOX. I'll actually be posting some pics of the room in the near future.

When I lived there... I found it difficult to find a bar specifically with a large Redskin following. The one place I did find, the Sand Bar on Piedmont Rd.... was rather dingy and dark and their TVs lackluster.

In Roswell, on Roswell Rd. near the intersection of Northridge and Roswell, try Diggers. They've got a plethora of TVs and a couple of Redskins fans would get there early and request the Big screen in the back corner for Redskin games. Most of the bar is Buffalo and Jets fans.... so prepare for the NewYorker razzing. Hope this helps.

Originally posted by Cskin

When I lived there... I found it difficult to find a bar specifically with a large Redskin following. The one place I did find, the Sand Bar on Piedmont Rd.... was rather dingy and dark and their TVs lackluster.

Sand Bar!! That was the name of the place that I was trying to think of. They're closed now.

I have read extreme skins for quite some time. But never bothered to post. Anyways I live in Alpharetta. We have a great group of skins fans that watch the games at Cheyenne grill. Great setup big screen with Sound, couches lots of other TV's. Anyways have been driving there for the past 5 years to watch skins games. Always looking for more skins fans to join us.

GO SKINS!!!!!

Originally posted by ATLANTASKINSFAN

I have read extreme skins for quite some time. But never bothered to post. Anyways I live in Alpharetta. We have a great group of skins fans that watch the games at Cheyenne grill. Great setup big screen with Sound, couches lots of other TV's. Anyways have been driving there for the past 5 years to watch skins games. Always looking for more skins fans to join us.

GO SKINS!!!!!

I used to live in Alpharetta, I live in Snellville now (which is only 40 minutes away from Alpharetta). Where's the Cheyenne grill? I feel like I've seen it before. I might just have to come and hang out there sometime when I feel like getting out of the house.

Originally posted by Sweet Sassy Molassy

I used to live in Alpharetta, I live in Snellville now (which is only 40 minutes away from Alpharetta). Where's the Cheyenne grill? I feel like I've seen it before. I might just have to come and hang out there sometime when I feel like getting out of the house.

Peachtree battle shopping center. Just South of Buckhead on Peatchree. It is worth the drive down there we have a great group of skins fans. Remember 1 year the Falcons cheerleaders came down there yet we wouldnt let them put the Falcons game on the TV's.

I have been to most of the other bars listed on extreme skins and there just is not a loyal group of skins fans sometimes games are on other times they are not. But at Cheyenne it is a guarantee.

Welcome to Hotlanta from a fellow Hotlantan! I made a similiar transition about 9 years ago from Nova to Atlanta. My 'Skins viewing took a hit initially. As others have mentioned, Sandbar used to be a 'Skins bar in Buckhead but has closed. I have heard rumours of 1 or 2 other 'Skins bars but I haven't even tried to pursue them because they are often geographically undesirable. This past season I typically hit Sidelines or Frankie's. You can always catch a 'Skins game, although typically not the audio or on a big screen. One decent bar option I have found is Smokey Bones at Perimeter. They have portable speakers that you can tune into your game which is very cool. Some of the sports bars are starting to go HD with plasmas which is very nice.

Prior to that I had Sunday ticket. Sunday ticket is a decent option although a couple of things ticked me off: the last season I bought Sunday Ticket about half of the Redskins games were televised locally. You lose out when they are televised locally because they simply refer you to the local broadcast. The price has gone up since the NFL renegotiated the contract. Directv had lousy HDTV support which required me to replace all of my equipment. Given all of that I decided to drop it. I haven't really missed it. Directv does seem to be making strides in HD, and they will have a HD Sunday Ticket package this season altough I believe it is $$.

Originally posted by nneece

Prior to that I had Sunday ticket. Sunday ticket is a decent option although a couple of things ticked me off: the last season I bought Sunday Ticket about half of the Redskins games were televised locally. You lose out when they are televised locally because they simply refer you to the local broadcast. The price has gone up since the NFL renegotiated the contract. Directv had lousy HDTV support which required me to replace all of my equipment. Given all of that I decided to drop it. I haven't really missed it. Directv does seem to be making strides in HD, and they will have a HD Sunday Ticket package this season altough I believe it is $$.

I usually visit the Stone Mountain area annually. Very nice down there. You stated when the Skins games were "televised locally" was that "locally" for you in ATL or for DC "Locally?" Are the Redskins a normal game on Sundays there? If so? I understand you. However, the Skins are not the draw in Michigan. The Lions are. I'd rather watch plaster dry than to watch 2 minutes of a Lions game! Directv Sunday Ticket for me.

Dave & Busters is always an option. Not that it is by any means a "Redskins Bar".

DirecTv is the best solution. Watch the games in the comfort of your own home. The 200 or so bucks that you spend on it is nothing compared to what you would spend going out to a sports bar week after week.

Archived