Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Teacher Charged with Selling Drugs to Student

rick301

My son goes to this school but is not in this teacher's class ...

http://www.wtop.com/?sid=525665&nid=25

Teacher Charged with Selling Drugs to Student

Updated: Tuesday, May. 31, 2005 - 4:38 PM

COLUMBIA, Md. - Police on Tuesday charged a 25-year-old teacher with selling drugs to a student at the high school where he taught.

Howard County police arrested Fred Davis, of Laurel, after the student's mother told them in early May that her child was communicating with the teacher on the Internet and that the communication between the two included references to drugs.

Police said Davis teaches at Hammond High School, a high-achieving school in an affluent suburban community between Baltimore and Washington. The school's web site identifies Davis as a member of the English department.

Detectives searched Davis' home Friday and arrested him for drug possession after allegedly finding marijuana. Davis was charged Tuesday with drug distribution, conspiracy to distribute drugs and contributing to the delinquency of a minor.

Davis was released Tuesday afternoon on his own unsecured bond, said police spokeswoman Jennifer Reidy.

Originally posted by Liberty

Good for the teacher

Yes, let's encourage disregard for the laws in our schools.

Liberty, I support legalization of marijuana, but this is the wrong way to get the ball rolling. Even if drugs were legal, they'd still be prohibited in schools and the teacher would still get in trouble for selling to students.

I had a friend with a big drug problem in middle school. He fell in with a teacher who, on occasion, supplied him with weed. Eventually my friend nearly died from an overdose of multiple drugs. I'm not suggesting that the teacher's actions directly harmed my friend, or that marijuana is a gateway drug. What I'm saying is that the teacher was in a position to help my friend. Instead of doing that, or even staying out of it, he helped my friend continue his self-destruction.

This teacher's actions were completely inappropriate.

Originally posted by dfitzo53

Yes, let's encourage disregard for the laws in our schools.

Liberty, I support legalization of marijuana, but this is the wrong way to get the ball rolling. Even if drugs were legal, they'd still be prohibited in schools and the teacher would still get in trouble for selling to students.

I had a friend with a big drug problem in middle school. He fell in with a teacher who, on occasion, supplied him with weed. Eventually my friend nearly died from an overdose of multiple drugs. I'm not suggesting that the teacher's actions directly harmed my friend, or that marijuana is a gateway drug. What I'm saying is that the teacher was in a position to help my friend. Instead of doing that, or even staying out of it, he helped my friend continue his self-destruction.

This teacher's actions were completely inappropriate.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I think Liberty was responding to a thread from last week in which Kilmer said "Good for the principal" and touched off a heated debate...

Archived